The Noordam gets more praise...

ekerr19

I just opened my newsletter from World Ocean & Cruise Liner Society and was very pleased to see Bill Miller's review of the new Noordam. Even better was the reading! It reinforced what we've already concluded - the new Noordam is simply the best ship in the fleet. :) Not an easy achievement given some of the problems plaguing the Vista class.

I'll quote from the closing paragraphs:

"Conclusion: The Noordam has become one of our favorite ships and has a long list of attributes. Among her finest are her fine decor, sense of intimacy and warmth, exquisite maintenance, fine level of service, her overall, highly exacting organization, spa facilities and her special grill room dining experience. Noted weaknesses would include the lack of drawer space in the cabins and the great gaps in the stateroom television system.

But in recommending ships, the Noordam gets our greatest praise. She's a jewel! Congratulations Holland America Line on the newest member of the Spotless fleet!"

It's really nice to read such glowing comments about the ship. :) I am almost afraid to sail on another now - the Noordam is a very tough act to follow!

I just opened my newsletter from World Ocean & Cruise Liner Society and was very pleased to see Bill Miller's review of the new Noordam. Even better was the reading! It reinforced what we've already concluded - the new Noordam is simply the best ship in the fleet. :) Not an easy achievement given some of the problems plaguing the Vista class.

"Conclusion: The Noordam has become one of our favorite ships and has a long list of attributes. Among her finest are her fine decor, sense of intimacy and warmth, exquisite maintenance, fine level of service, her overall, highly exacting organization, spa facilities and her special grill room dining experience. Noted weaknesses would include the lack of drawer space in the cabins and the great gaps in the stateroom television system.

But in recommending ships, the Noordam gets our greatest praise. She's a jewel! Congratulations Holland America Line on the newest member of the Spotless fleet!"

It's really nice to read such glowing comments about the ship. :) I am almost afraid to sail on another now - the Noordam is a very tough act to follow!

Great Article !!!!

We will be sailing on her 3-10-07, Can not wait !!! :)

Nice report! I have to admit, I was much more impressed with the Noordam than I had expected. HAL made some very nice improvements over the previous Vista ships. We had an SS cabin and there was a lot more storage space than in the V category cabin we had on the Oosterdam I would add another weakness: the lack of a dedicated movie theater or a similar venue with stadium/theater seating. We thought the in-cabin TV service was a big improvement-lots of classic and curren movies and various programs from Discovery/History channels. Of course, we did not have CNN coverage while in the middle of the Atlantic for a few days, but that was not HAL's fault.

Bill Miler he was on our recent trans-Atlantic cruise on the Noordam and his presentations were outstanding: informative and entertaining. His enthusiasm for ocean liner and cruise ship history is very evident. He did an excellent narrative on the PA system from the bridge as we sailed under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge entered the Hudson River and NY harbor at 5:30am on the last morning of our cruise.

All in all, the Noordam IS a beautiful ship.

Bill Miler he was on our recent trans-Atlantic cruise on the Noordam and his presentations were outstanding: informative and entertaining. His enthusiasm for ocean liner and cruise ship history is very evident. He did an excellent narrative on the PA system from the bridge as we sailed under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge entered the Hudson River and NY harbor at 5:30am on the last morning of our cruise.

All in all, the Noordam IS a beautiful ship.

Bill S -

Your cruise must have been the cruise he reviewed! It is a great article and I was so happy to read the glowing review. I love his articles, I would have enjoyed his narrative as well, I'm sure.

• 1 year later...
I am almost afraid to sail on another now - the Noordam is a very tough act to follow!
So far the Noordam is my favorite ship ... but we're going on a 3-day on the Eurodam to check her out! :D (I know you'll beat us by better than 3 months.)
I would add another weakness: the lack of a dedicated movie theater or a similar venue with stadium/theater seating.
In the latest Eurodam plans they've added a dedicated "screening room" where earlier plans showed shops, so apparently this is a common complaint about Vistas.

Just confirms 'our good taste'. We knew from first we boarded her what a very special ship she is. She has personality and beauty and class and a fabulous crew. She is a jewel in the fleet and Eurodam has a hard standard to try to surpass.

Noordam will always hold a most precious place for us. :)

Where is the full review???

Maybe they want to see if the information is still pertinent? If people still feel the same away about Noordam.

Maybe they have been snowed in for weeks and have decided to read back to page one of HAL CC? :D

Who knows but nothing wrong with it! :)

Maybe they want to see if the information is still pertinent? If people still feel the same away about Noordam.

Maybe they have been snowed in for weeks and have decided to read back to page one of HAL CC? :D

Who knows but nothing wrong with it! :)

Or, most likely, Crusinrita searched for threads on the Noordam and got this one, and didn't check the date. I've done that, and it seems likely here, since Rita only has 7 posts.

Welcome CruisinRita!

Just confirms 'our good taste'. We knew from first we boarded her what a very special ship she is. She has personality and beauty and class and a fabulous crew. She is a jewel in the fleet and Eurodam has a hard standard to try to surpass.

Noordam will always hold a most precious place for us. :)

Aside from the special honor you received on the Noordam's inaugural, can you tell me whether you prefer the Noordam or the Maasdam? You seem to love both, but if you had to choose, which would it be?

Noordam is still my favorite ship. They will take me off kicking and screaming tomorrow!

So that was you! We had thought some lady had lost their jelly beans (kidding of course). It was great meeting everyone onboard. This post is over a year old and believe me, we've heard from numerous past passengers that don't agree with it now. Last year, yes, now, no. Another point was made that some have never been on another cruise line other than HAL. So, they don't know the differances (pros & cons) between them.

Archived