your sites to assist in cruising

As Crusie critic poster, you have shared information as well as benefit from information posted. What web sites have you found that you use for your cruising experience? Please share some of your favorite sites. Of course I always use www.cruisecritic.com as a source of valuable information.

I just found out about www.porttime.com. from a cc poster. This site will tell you what ships are in port. This is helpful to us as we will know before we leave if the port will have a lot of visitors from cruise ships while we are there.

This is a new one for those of you who are _really_ into weather/ocean data.

http://www.tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ports

A brand new series (the 16th was recently activated) of real-time data stations and bouys, accessable over the web. The first page at the above web site explains.

Among other places, stations are at Tampa, Los Angeles/Long Beach, and various parts of the New York harbor complex. In that regard, for you Explorer of the Seas fans, there is an interesting screen showing the actual 'air gap' clearance at both the Bayonne and Veranzano Narrows bridges - as it changes!

Lots of good stuff... check it out!

RAE

This is a new one for those of you who are _really_ into weather/ocean data.

http://www.tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ports

A brand new series (the 16th was recently activated) of real-time data stations and bouys, accessable over the web. The first page at the above web site explains.

Among other places, stations are at Tampa, Los Angeles/Long Beach, and various parts of the New York harbor complex. In that regard, for you Explorer of the Seas fans, there is an interesting screen showing the actual 'air gap' clearance at both the Bayonne and Veranzano Narrows bridges - as it changes!

Lots of good stuff... check it out!

RAE

Very cool website, thanks.

Laura

Love that spring break one above...lol.

OK, I HAVE to mention the site that stores the collection of kid compasses. So for families who cruise, it's a easy way to see the activities for the kids. And since it's put together by the parents of the family cc board...it's constantly updated.

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

Thanks, everyone for these are great source of information, The time is getting exciting for me as the cruise actually seems to be in sight, What are some easy sight to see the ship in port. as the cruise get closer I like to go on line and see the ship in port. I forget what the web site address is, when I find out, I visited that website, somehow I get lost on the site and do not get to see the ship in port.

As Crusie critic poster, you have shared information as well as benefit from information posted. What web sites have you found that you use for your cruising experience? Please share some of your favorite sites. Of course I always use www.cruisecritic.com as a source of valuable information.

I just found out about www.porttime.com. from a cc poster. This site will tell you what ships are in port. This is helpful to us as we will know before we leave if the port will have a lot of visitors from cruise ships while we are there.

What a great thread!!!! Thanks.

My son ask me to look for a cruise for him, he told me the port he would like to stop at. Is there a web site where I can pick out an itinernary and that will list all the ships that stops there. I usually go to each cruise line web site and check each site. Is there an easier way to do this? Then I will need to find the least expensive one. Thanks

Archived