Best Restaurant on Las Olas (FLL)

Just taking suggestions for your favorite pre or post-cruise restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale's Las Olas Blvd.

Any interesting stories, fun facts? I have never been to FLL and and we are staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, and I'd like to take my parents and sister to a nice, casual dinner. Nothing too fancy :)

Thanks in advance!

Just taking suggestions for your favorite pre or post-cruise restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale's Las Olas Blvd.

Any interesting stories, fun facts? I have never been to FLL and and we are staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, and I'd like to take my parents and sister to a nice, casual dinner. Nothing too fancy :)

Thanks in advance!

Not sure of its location, but we went to the Rustic Inn pre-cruise in March. It's a low key crab shack. The food was great, and we had a great time.

We ate at Shula's on the Beach (steak house) and it was excellent. It is a good distance from your hotel and our cab driver did not know where he was going. He passed it by and had to double back:rolleyes:.

Do you have to eat on Las Olas? I have yet to find any place there that I really enjoy enough to want to go back but there are plenty of good places to eat in Ft. Lauderdale.

ACtually, no, it doesn't have to be Las Olas. I would like to stay relatively close to the hotel, as we'd be taking a taxi, though.

Only reason I chose Las Olas is b/c my parents wanted to go there and it seemed like a nice place to be. you're right, though--I was looking at the restaurants there and nothing seemed too appealing.

What can you recommend?

I have lived in Ft. Lauderdale for most of my life and wished I still did. One restaurant ON Las Olas that I have patronized since I was a teen (I am now 55) is Cafe de Paris. It's excellent french cooking and the wait staff is always on the snooty side. You DON'T have to dress up either. Some blue hairs always do, but we go in jeans. I love the prime rib, DH loves the duck l'orange, DS loves the chicken cordon bleu, etc. We try to get there whenever we get down to FL, but missed it this last cruise :( as our flight came in late. Wish I could eat there now. It is also fun to people watch if you are by the window.

I actually live on Las Olas, so I'm very familiar with the restaurants there! Two places come to mind for casual really good food......Big City and Cafe Europa. If you like sushi, Shizen is great. I could go on and on......there's plenty of great places to eat, and it's a great area to walk around after dinner and get some ice cream at kilwin's......

Thanks in advance!

Rip off - there is a convenience shop where you can get coffee and a muffin for breakfast. We did the Buffet at almost $18pp. Lunch at the pool is pricey but good.

Continental breakfast was almost as expensive as the buffet

Rip off - there is a convenience shop where you can get coffee and a muffin for breakfast. We did the Buffet at almost $18pp. Lunch at the pool is pricey but good.

Continental breakfast was almost as expensive as the buffet

Thanks for all the suggsetions so far, keep them coming!

Herman--are you speaking bout the Sheraton YC? Thanks for the advice, if so, I will not stop there.

Questions for you--what did you think of the hotel? I really don't know much about it, just got it on Hotwire.

Is it clean? How is the pool area?

:)

There's a restaurant right near the port called Fish. It's on the west side of the intracoastal waterway, on the south side of 17th St Causeway (across from Pier 66).

A tad pricey (as are most things down here) but it was possibly the best meal out we've ever had.

You don't have to dress up. We saw people from jeans to suits.

Another vote here for Rustic Inn. Believe me, it's nothing fancy, but it's a terrific old fashion seafood/crab house. You'll need to take a taxi, but it's really not too far. Enjoy your time in FLL. I love it there!

Karen

We caught up with KeywestK and crew at the Quarterdeck Bar & Grill about a block from the beach on East Las Olas. Atmosphere was fun, but my wife and I didn't eat much because we'd already had dinner before we got there.

Gets busy on a Saturday night, that's for certain!

Hey neighbor...I am in Broadview Heights...Anyways when we were in FLL we took the water taxi and thoroughly enjoyed it. Amazing houses along the way. We ended up eating at the Cheesecake Factory which was our first time. I would recommend it, although you can go to a C.F. here if you want to drive to Beachwood. Not sure if you are looking for something different than what you can find here, but I would recommend C.F. Good luck. BTW: our last cruise was on The Enchantment. Very nice ship!

Thanks for all the suggsetions so far, keep them coming!

Herman--are you speaking bout the Sheraton YC? Thanks for the advice, if so, I will not stop there.

Questions for you--what did you think of the hotel? I really don't know much about it, just got it on Hotwire.

Is it clean? How is the pool area?

:)

When we took our cruise this past Feb - RCCL offered it as a hotel for $300/nt. BUT since it was a Sheraton we used 7000 Starwood points. Hotel was recently refurbed - bedding was nice, we had beach side building and it was very nice Not a Grand Hyatt but for the price was fine. Pool was nice and beach was a few feet from the pool.

We may go back there in Feb - I have more starwood points but a friend is willing to give me 30,000 hiltonpoints to stay at a fancier place.

All in All - I would not have a problem recommending the hotel - just not the breakfast

When we took our cruise this past Feb - RCCL offered it as a hotel for $300/nt. BUT since it was a Sheraton we used 7000 Starwood points. Hotel was recently refurbed - bedding was nice, we had beach side building and it was very nice Not a Grand Hyatt but for the price was fine. Pool was nice and beach was a few feet from the pool.

We may go back there in Feb - I have more starwood points but a friend is willing to give me 30,000 hiltonpoints to stay at a fancier place.

All in All - I would not have a problem recommending the hotel - just not the breakfast

Sounds good to me...thank you for responding!

Hey neighbor...I am in Broadview Heights...Anyways when we were in FLL we took the water taxi and thoroughly enjoyed it. Amazing houses along the way. We ended up eating at the Cheesecake Factory which was our first time. I would recommend it, although you can go to a C.F. here if you want to drive to Beachwood. Not sure if you are looking for something different than what you can find here, but I would recommend C.F. Good luck. BTW: our last cruise was on The Enchantment. Very nice ship!

Hi...you're so close to me, that's funny! Thanks for your message...I was actually looking for something different than the CF, but again, thanks. I will take your advice and take the water taxi.

When did you sail on the Enchantment? We've been before, but not since the stretching.

Hi...you're so close to me, that's funny! Thanks for your message...I was actually looking for something different than the CF, but again, thanks. I will take your advice and take the water taxi.

When did you sail on the Enchantment? We've been before, but not since the stretching.

Hi Stacy,

You might like Johnny V's (a bit pricy but great) or Rinos (Italian) on Las Olas. The Grill Room is elegant and a bit dressy. If you stray off Las Olas and want seafood, 15th Street Fisheries is great too. Ft. Lauderdale has so many great restaurants, I think you could go a year and not eat in the same one twice. Las Olas is worthwhile and really beautiful and do try the water taxi! Enjoy your stay, it's a great city!:)

The Riverhouse is a great place on Las Olas. It is an old home that they made into a riverside restaurant. You can take the watertaxi to it. It is alittle pricey but well worth it.

The Rustic Inn is a good crab place. Love the hammers and newspapers. It is a bit far from where you are staying though.

I wouldn't go to the cheesecake factory, you can do that anywhere....

For breakfast you can go to the Floridian or one of the many open air places that are right near you along A1A.

Have a great time down here in Florida!

everyone's suggestions have been great (including don't eat at cheesecake factory since they're everywhere). Best idea is to take the water taxi to las olas, walk around and see what menus you find interesting. there aren't any restaurants on las olas that i would say to stay away from!

Archived