Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Harbor seals and pups, Sonoma Coast. Appreciate these pictures. Love the cute seal pictures from Catlover54. Fun and interesting. Keep sharing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 176,433 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Still looking forward to more travel details from JP and Candy. Inquiring minds want much more in visuals and comments.

Plugging along with it... As you know, these things take a lot of time! I'm at day 6 of 7, though, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Catlover54, thanks for the pictures. The little guys look like they need their whiskers scratched!

JP

I have been following your threads on the River Cruise forums since we both sailed with Uniworld on the Antoinette last year. Seems we view travel similar and have many of the same likes and dislikes(except the sausage in France LOL). We are only a few years older then you(51). I am starting to look at ideas for our 2017 trips since I've already booked two more Uniworld trips for this year and next. I've been seriously considering Regent for a Mediterranean cruise since I have grown accustom to all inclusive.(especially excursions). But I recently went through your Silver Seas blog for Istanbul to Athens. Istanbul is the must starting or stopping place for me as I want to spend several days there. A couple of questions for you:

Can you give me some idea of range of costs of excursions?

How would you compare Silver Seas service to Uniworld?

How would compare food quality to Uniworld?

How long on average to disembark ship for excursions?

Clearly you are a SS fan as you have traveled many times. Any negatives?

Any other general information or thoughts would be appreciated. Haven't taken an ocean cruise in many years and then was always with Carnival with kids. That's what I have in my mind so having a hard time making the leap back into ocean cruising. Am also thinking about Viking Ocean due to all included excursions.

Hope you get to China with Uniworld so I can follow your review and decide if that needs to move up my trip list.

My youngest daughter just got back from Chile after a semester of study abroad. Easter Island and Patagonia look amazing from her photos. I think you will love it.

Thanks again for all the time you spend on your reviews

JP

I have been following your threads on the River Cruise forums since we both sailed with Uniworld on the Antoinette last year. Seems we view travel similar and have many of the same likes and dislikes(except the sausage in France LOL). We are only a few years older then you(51). I am starting to look at ideas for our 2017 trips since I've already booked two more Uniworld trips for this year and next. I've been seriously considering Regent for a Mediterranean cruise since I have grown accustom to all inclusive.(especially excursions). But I recently went through your Silver Seas blog for Istanbul to Athens. Istanbul is the must starting or stopping place for me as I want to spend several days there. A couple of questions for you:

Can you give me some idea of range of costs of excursions?

How would you compare Silver Seas service to Uniworld?

How would compare food quality to Uniworld?

How long on average to disembark ship for excursions?

Clearly you are a SS fan as you have traveled many times. Any negatives?

Any other general information or thoughts would be appreciated. Haven't taken an ocean cruise in many years and then was always with Carnival with kids. That's what I have in my mind so having a hard time making the leap back into ocean cruising. Am also thinking about Viking Ocean due to all included excursions.

Hope you get to China with Uniworld so I can follow your review and decide if that needs to move up my trip list.

My youngest daughter just got back from Chile after a semester of study abroad. Easter Island and Patagonia look amazing from her photos. I think you will love it.

Thanks again for all the time you spend on your reviews

Thanks for the time you spend reading my reviews! Definitely watch out for that Andouillette sausage!

Now on to your questions...

Excursions run ballpark $80 - $150 pp depending on length, complexity, what's included, and probably also the part of the world you're visiting. Some are more expensive than that, if the excursion includes something unique or expensive. For example, one of ours in South Africa involved a small airplane flight to the Addo Elephant park - it was probably in the range of $500.

I don't think I save many of my final statements from past cruises so I can't be much more precise. I did still have the one from the October cruise and the one excursion we took was $179 - Ephesus, the Terrace Houses, with an expert archaeologist. It included a decent lunch with wine. Pricey, but it was a fun time.

Food - subjective, of course, but we enjoy what's available on SS. Compared to Uniworld, the cooking may be a little heavier, and maybe less in sync with the areas you're visiting. They reprovision the ships less frequently, and the menus are perhaps more traditional. But, the choices are interesting, and it's very common for us to find something different to try. Breakfast and Lunch buffets are pretty good, with many choices. I think the number of choices available is greater on SS, probably because of size, and number of restaurants. The wines are also more varied.

Service is great on both lines. The staff very quickly learn your preferences and take excellent care of you. The all-inclusiveness is excellent, similar to Uniworld. Note we've only cruised the smaller ships (Cloud, Wind with 290-some passengers, and Silver Explorer with ~130).

Disembarking is a snap. With such a small ship you head out whenever you want. On occasion it's poky during tender ports, but that's the exception rather than the rule. When docked, you are onshore about 60 seconds after leaving your cabin - if you're slow. Some excursions meet up on the pier rather than gathering in a lounge and walking out as a group. They tend to meet in the lounge and disembark together for tender ports.

Negatives - nothing big. We've not really noticed a deterioration in quality over the past 5 years though we've been on sailings, and heard of others, that were only half-full. That is a little worrisome and if they have to cut costs to lower fares to fill the ships that may cut into quality. The entertainment is OK; we're not crazy about it personally, but that doesn't bother us because we would rather spend time in port.

SS is experimenting with all-inclusive in the Med this year (I think it's this year, not next year) which IMO isn't a positive. In the Med it is so easy to do things on your own - cheaper, and better - that we almost never take ship's tours any more. So I'd rather NOT have an all-inclusive experience in the Med. I am wondering how this will play out, and whether they will expand this to other areas (might be a plus) or bag it entirely (which would be a plus, in the Med). But, if you like that, stay tuned to see what they do in this regard.

If your only cruise experience is with Carnival, then SS is a totally different experience and just not in the same ballpark. I am not a fan of Viking and probably won't bother to try their ocean ships. No personal experience but they just rub me the wrong way.

No China trip in the next year; we changed our onboard booking to the Danube for next April. China would be 2 weeks, and due to itinerary changes we'd have had to move it to May 2016, which didn't work out for us. Not a major problem; we'll get there!

We have been looking at Easter Island for years. It's moving up the list... Post some of your daughter's pictures if you have them!

I have been reading some of the posts on this thread, as we are going to be taking our first Silversea cruise next year, other than the Galapagos, which we did last June. I enjoy this tread. It's like sitting listening to a group of friends chatting and looking at then sharing pictures. There are also nuggets of information about Silversea along with the general conversation.

I thought I would mention that we ported at Easter Island on our recent Regent cruise. It's a very unique place and one that deserved more time that we could spend by taking just one excursion. We had an excellent lecturer on board (Terry Breen) so we went armed with a lot of background, making the short visit more meaningful. While there, I met a mother and daughter who were spending several days there. They had flown over from Chile. There were also some tour groups of Chileans. If I had it to do again, I would take several days to see the island. JMO.

Joanna

Edited by findacruise
correction

findacruise - thanks for the input on Easter Island. Given that we have limited vacation time, I would not chance cruising there (which involves many sea days) and then being at the mercy of the weather. I've heard of trips there where it's too rough to tender so all that time to get there, and not visit...

So we're definitely thinking of spending a few days there on land. Seems like there's more to see and do than a cruise stop would allow.

JP

Thanks for the insight. It was really helpful. We've only been empty nesters for a couple of years so have just started our dream traveling. Too many options for too little time and money. Plus with 4 kids and two grand kids my nest never feels empty and my wallet always feels empty LOL. But the Istanbul to Athens itinerary is sounding really good to me for 2017 as both Istanbul and Ephesus are high on my travel agenda. Silverseas is looking like a real possibility. Talking to my TA yesterday and she said SS is one of her favorites. Doing the Danube with Uniworld Budapest to Passau but it will be in December for Christmas markets. Can't wait. Thanks again for the help.

Our very first Silversea cruise was Istanbul to Venice, a back to back trip.

We knew nothing about the cruiseline and hadn't done much research we just knew we needed to get away and wanted to go to the Greek islands. As my spouse gets mal de mer, we worried about the smaller ship, but prepared with bands, scopolamine and other remedies.

That was 2012 and since then we have almost reached the 100 day mark with Silversea, which will happen this summer.

I knew nothing about cruise critic at the time we first booked on Silversea.

In retrospect I realize I should have done more homework, but I was still working in a busy trial practice and really had little time for other pursuits.

Our first trip was wonderful! And every subsequent trip, to include expeditions, has been memorable. This last trip from LA to Ft. Lauderdale through the Panama Canal was extraordinary.

I am not a cheerleader for the cruise line. Nothing is perfect.

The crew on Silversea endeavors to make the experience the best it can be.

I also have grown to appreciate cruise critic for the wealth of information to be found in its posts on so many subjects and cruise lines. I enjoy reading the threads although admittedly sometimes I am infuriated by the comments. Bottom line for me is that we have a forum where we can express ourselves without reproach or censorship ( ok using polite language).

The water cooler is such a place.

Speaking of the cooler, wonder where Jeff is. I miss his food photos. Is he on hiatus? Sophia, where are you?

I have been reading some of the posts on this thread, as we are going to be taking our first Silversea cruise next year . . . . It's like sitting listening to a group of friends chatting and looking at then sharing pictures. There are also nuggets of information about Silversea along with the general conversation. Joanna

For Joanna, our "neighbor" to the west along I-70 in Indianapolis, welcome to this active thread. Keep up the good comments and questions!!! Yes, lots of pictures here and on many of the live/blogs that I have done. See below on our first, a 15-day adventure on the Silver Cloud. Plus, earlier this year, we escaped the Midwest cold to do a 26-day, back-to-back on the Silver Cloud.

To follow-up on the comments by spinnaker2, JP, etc., here are two of the big pluses with Silversea from our experience. First, are their itineraries!! Great variety of options in many very unique and special locations. Second, are the smaller ships with more "personal" service and connections with fellow passengers and staff. On these ships, you are not "lost" and/or a part of the "mass" crowd.

Don't be shy here on this thread and/or when on-board with your questions, expressing your interests, etc. The staff, passengers, especially the on-board speakers, etc., are very helpful in sharing tips, ideas, answering questions, etc. That adds so much to the "learning" experience during any journey. It makes more "fun" when you are in such a sharing environment.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 176,462 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados on the Silver Cloud, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 21,828 views for these postings.

Dear Terry in Ohio and anyone back recently from the Silver Cloud. I have booked my first silversea cruise, Venice to Rome next July 2016. Personally I can't wait, however it has been an exercise to convince my husband as he thinks he is "too young" for a cruise (at 50!). But that's another story, but one of the reasons I chose this particular itinerary and cruise line. I thought starting at the top would be a much better experience. My concern is when looking at Silver Cloud cruise reviews on Cruise Critic, you would never ever consider getting on this boat considering the cost involved. The reviews are scathing. I have chosen this cruise purely for itinerary so will not be changing, but for my husbands sake I am getting a bit anxious. Surely these few critics just have sour grapes? Can't be that bad? Am I worrying over nothing. Look forward to some positive responses!

Cheers, and thanks so much.

(We've done one cruise, 7 days, Diamond Princess, Alaska)

Dear Terry in Ohio and anyone back recently from the Silver Cloud. I have booked my first silversea cruise, Venice to Rome next July 2016. Personally I can't wait, however it has been an exercise to convince my husband as he thinks he is "too young" for a cruise (at 50!). But that's another story, but one of the reasons I chose this particular itinerary and cruise line. I thought starting at the top would be a much better experience. My concern is when looking at Silver Cloud cruise reviews on Cruise Critic, you would never ever consider getting on this boat considering the cost involved. The reviews are scathing. I have chosen this cruise purely for itinerary so will not be changing, but for my husbands sake I am getting a bit anxious. Surely these few critics just have sour grapes? Can't be that bad? Am I worrying over nothing. Look forward to some positive responses!

Cheers, and thanks so much.

(We've done one cruise, 7 days, Diamond Princess, Alaska)

A few comments:

1. We are a little younger than you. We have been on 9 SS cruises and will happily sign up for another when the timing and itinerary is right. You are not too young for SS.

2. SS, like any other cruise line, is not perfect. But we have always had a great time on their ships. You can focus on what's great about the cruise (the majority) or focus on what isn't great (in our experience, very little). But issues that may be trivial to us may be major to someone else - thus a scathing review. All I can say is that their experience was different from ours.

3. We have cruised Princess several times and we have had nice cruises with them. I think that their product is find. SS will be a very different experience for you - in a positive way.

4. Food and wine are subjective. Every meal can't be the best you've ever had, and I don't expect to have my socks knocked off every meal. But we find the food on SS to be consistently enjoyable, very good, and occasionally amazing.

My advice? Don't read too much into the reviews. If you enjoyed Princess, you will enjoy Silversea. Just understand the differences - much less night life, and less entertainment. In my mind, the positives of smaller ships outweigh these negatives. Others are free to disagree; that's why there are many other nice lines to cruise on. :)

Dear Terry in Ohio and anyone back recently from the Silver Cloud. I have booked my first silversea cruise, Venice to Rome next July 2016. Personally I can't wait, however it has been an exercise to convince my husband as he thinks he is "too young" for a cruise (at 50!). But that's another story, but one of the reasons I chose this particular itinerary and cruise line. I thought starting at the top would be a much better experience. My concern is when looking at Silver Cloud cruise reviews on Cruise Critic, you would never ever consider getting on this boat considering the cost involved. The reviews are scathing. I have chosen this cruise purely for itinerary so will not be changing, but for my husbands sake I am getting a bit anxious. Surely these few critics just have sour grapes? Can't be that bad? Am I worrying over nothing. Look forward to some positive responses! Cheers, and thanks so much.

Welcome for MillieRyan08 in posting on these Cruise Critic boards. Appreciate your challenges in "educating" your husband. Us "guys" can get a little difficult at times. JP has made some very good, realistic points that ring very true to me and hopefully for your husband. Here are some of tips and ideas for him from my perspective:

1. Yes, some reviews and comments will make it seem that everything is terrible on these many, various ships. From our recent 26-days on the Silver Cloud, sure there were little "slips" and a few other imperfections. BUT, overall, things were very, very good and we never "suffered"!! Far from it. People will complain and/or be frustrated based on their personal opinions. BUT, most happy and satisfied customers/people are too busy enjoying and do not have time to post the "good news".

2. Too young? We have done lots of traveling by land, car, rail, etc., in Europe. BUT, it was not till 2006 that we did our first cruise. Did Athens to Istanbul, Greek Isles and Turkish Coast. Loved it!!! That was at age 58 for me. What's the right age for cruising? Hard to say. Clearly there are pro/con factors on cruising. BUT, depending for what you want to see and do, the big, BIG upsides are two-fold. Unpack once and you're done. Makes it so much easier and more handy, simple. Second, your logistics between locations are made more manageable. While they are taking you from one location to another key stop, you can dine in comfort, be entertained, sleep. Then, next morning, you are there!! Magic. So easy and fun as a way to solve your logistics.

3. We have done two larger ship cruises (both with Celebrity on Solstice, 2850 passengers. Plus, one each on the smaller Crystal Symphony and Seabourn Spirit. Plus, three with Silversea on the Silver Cloud. Each different cruising option, including with lines such as Princess, have their pluses and advantages. Generally, Silversea will not be the late-night super party ship. For many, that is good thing in not having too much of that "loud crowd".

4. In doing Venice to Rome, it will be mostly about the many and varied ports. The ship will be nice and of importance. BUT, there is so much wonderful and scenic to see and do with these varied and super locations. Below is my link on Venice to share with your husband. Lots of pictures and details on that thread

Can share much more if you or your husband have added questions. Also, let us know your specific ports for this planned cruise. We can share much more. Don't be shy!! Keep the good questions rolling along.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 106,178 views for this posting.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 51,131 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

findacruise - thanks for the input on Easter Island. Given that we have limited vacation time, I would not chance cruising there (which involves many sea days) and then being at the mercy of the weather. I've heard of trips there where it's too rough to tender so all that time to get there, and not visit...

So we're definitely thinking of spending a few days there on land. Seems like there's more to see and do than a cruise stop would allow.

Yes, we had a lot of sea days coming from the French Society Islands, especially when we couldn't make our scheduled stop at Pitcairn. So we learned from that experience what our tolerance is/isn't for number of sea days in a row. But we did achieve our objective of escaping the horrible month of February in the Midwest!

For Joanna, our "neighbor" to the west along I-70 in Indianapolis, welcome to this active thread. Keep up the good comments and questions!!! Yes, lots of pictures here and on many of the live/blogs that I have done. See below on our first, a 15-day adventure on the Silver Cloud. Plus, earlier this year, we escaped the Midwest cold to do a 26-day, back-to-back on the Silver Cloud.

Thanks for your welcome - yes ,we escaped in February, too. Making it an annual ritual. I plan to check out your blog on the Amazon. It is on on bucket list. At this point thinking 2017, maybe, as this year is full and already have our two cruises on Silversea for next year and contemplating an Africa land trip.We generally don't travel much in the fall, as we are Colts season ticket holders (since 1984) and have to plan around the games. :) (And hopefully the playoffs)

Thanks for your welcome - yes ,we escaped in February, too. Making it an annual ritual. I plan to check out your blog on the Amazon. It is on on bucket list. At this point thinking 2017, maybe, as this year is full and already have our two cruises on Silversea for next year and contemplating an Africa land trip.We generally don't travel much in the fall, as we are Colts season ticket holders (since 1984) and have to plan around the games. :) (And hopefully the playoffs)

Go on the trip,you'll love it; besides the Colts have NO chance as long as my boy Tom Brady is still playing!!

Thanks ever so much Terry from Ohio and to Jpalbny. So very much appreciated. Terry, you did say don't be shy in asking questions so here I am back again! I have looked at all your reviews and photos and follow them all with great interest. (Jpalbhy, I can't wait to set aside some time and look at your photo reviews today). It's great to see pictures of the vessel that we will be travelling on and I can' get enough of them! We are not party people but do enjoy food and wine and I personally think that the smaller Cloud will be perfect. We are not nit pickers and always look for the positive. Nothing is perfect in this world. So, here in my first question that comes to mind. Our cruise has 3 overnight ports, Dubrovnik, Corfu, and Sorrento. Our cruise is all inclusive, of course. When on these overnight ports, would you stay in town for dinner or would you treck all the way back to the boat, have dinner, and go out again? I may sound lousy, but I want to get value, and at the same time I don't want to sacrifice taking in the atmosphere of the town.

We are still more than a year out from our cruise and I booked it as soon as the 2016 opened. Its a long wait!

Cheers, and thanks so much. MillieRyan08 (Melbourne, Australia)

So, here in my first question that comes to mind. Our cruise has 3 overnight ports, Dubrovnik, Corfu, and Sorrento. Our cruise is all inclusive, of course. When on these overnight ports, would you stay in town for dinner or would you treck all the way back to the boat, have dinner, and go out again? I may sound lousy, but I want to get value, and at the same time I don't want to sacrifice taking in the atmosphere of the town.

We are still more than a year out from our cruise and I booked it as soon as the 2016 opened. Its a long wait!

It's all about what you'd enjoy more. It can be fun to stay in town late on those overnights but you have to figure out whether it's worth it - usually based on how difficult it will be to get back to the ship.

In Corfu, you dock a ways out of the town (probably 2km) so going back and forth at night could be OK, or could be a pain, depending on how much you like to walk. I have never visited Dubrovnik with SS, so not sure where they dock there. But if it's in the same place we visited with Oceania, it's even further from the Old Town - probably farther than you'd want to walk. Sorrento is a tender port; from the dropoff point to the town itself it's a steep walk uphill. It takes 5-10 minutes, depending on your speed. Paradoxically, that may be the easiest one to do...

I'd look at the ship's dinner menu (they post it in the afternoon) and if it doesn't look like something you'd be upset about missing, go for it, and have a nice dinner in town. Likely your restaurant could help you find a way to get back to the ship. We usually don't eat dinner in town, even if we're there overnight, but we'll often grab lunch if we're out on our own all day touring.

And, you're not cheap; it does feel strange paying for lunch or dinner on shore when you know that you could get it for no additional charge on board the ship. But if you enjoy it, why not? Enjoying the local scene is a good part of why we travel.

. . . .

I also have grown to appreciate cruise critic for the wealth of information to be found in its posts on so many subjects and cruise lines. I enjoy reading the threads although admittedly sometimes I am infuriated by the comments. Bottom line for me is that we have a forum where we can express ourselves without reproach or censorship ( ok using polite language).

. . . .

?

Actually there is quite a bit of censorship on CC forums, including the SS forum, as evidenced by whole chunks of threads being deleted by the moderators without comment or evidence of the posts having ever existed. Now you see it, now you don't. All it seems to take is for someone to complain that he is somehow offended by a post, or that the post expresses a very unpopular view, with strong though not foul language, or that a post has strayed too far from the original topic ( other than on this watercooler thread where the whole point is for people to just politely free associate) and poof, the post and its related progeny are gone.

But despite the censorship, and awareness CC has a right to do whatever it feels like, and we are free to leave and go to competitors, you can learn a lot from it, though take everything with a pound of salt :)

Regarding the dinner menu in the main dining room.... recently on the Spirit it was delivered to our suite every night for the next day. We did not receive it mid cruise for a couple of days, but when I asked our butler to have it again, we had it every evening. It helps plan the next day for both on and off ship dining.

Thanks ever so much Terry from Ohio and to Jpalbny. So very much appreciated. Terry, you did say don't be shy in asking questions so here I am back again! I have looked at all your reviews and photos and follow them all with great interest. (Jpalbhy, I can't wait to set aside some time and look at your photo reviews today). It's great to see pictures of the vessel that we will be travelling on and I can' get enough of them! We are not party people but do enjoy food and wine and I personally think that the smaller Cloud will be perfect. We are not nit pickers and always look for the positive. Nothing is perfect in this world. So, here in my first question that comes to mind. Our cruise has 3 overnight ports, Dubrovnik, Corfu, and Sorrento. Our cruise is all inclusive, of course. When on these overnight ports, would you stay in town for dinner or would you treck all the way back to the boat, have dinner, and go out again? I may sound lousy, but I want to get value, and at the same time I don't want to sacrifice taking in the atmosphere of the town.

Hello Millie .... and welcome to the cooler! Do stay around and post!

I know all three places well and have been to all three both on SS cruises and independently .... such are the advantages of being a European!

I wouldn't eat in either Sorrecnto or Corfu in the evenings. Italian food will be better on SS than in Sorrrento ... but it could be worth a late night wander for a pizza if you see a place with a wood fired oven. Obviously Neapolitan pizza was invented "up the road" and you must have a plan Marinara. There are some walks in Sorrento to see the ship but to be honest I conside both Sorrento and Corfu to be a bit of a dump.

Durbrovnik is somehwere you should go in the evening. It is terrible during the day largely due to the cruise ships, but at night it empties out and becomes a magical empty place. I have posted some pictures of some cruise ship queues just outside the gate, some cruisers and the contrast in the evening inside the walled city. Go at night for a better Dubrovnik.

Do not expect fine dining in Dubrovnik. However it is magical and worthwhile for the experience. We spend around 5 nights or so there and hate it during the day but love it at night.

The place we enjoy most to eat is the rather bizarrely names Taj Mahal. Not an Indian restaurant as you might expect. It is a Bosnian restaurant. A passion of mine is flat bread and anything grilled to go in it. The flatbread is made using a sort of courdough yoghurt mix ... a bit of a levante bread but lovely. GO! Book in advance if you can.

Enought from me .....

Jeff

2C35043F-021D-4B8A-940D-3D12DA8EEC6D.jpg

AC1CB0F1-5796-4585-AE10-BF5AC36E05F5.jpg

58B2209B-B01F-4EA2-9318-F2B0842142E4.jpg

6C17B31B-C1F4-4AFF-A6B0-35BF32BCF9F0.jpg

15B25B64-C2B6-4A28-8026-3E160BCF9328.jpg

379A176E-E46F-4DC7-9B9B-5E53F9F611FF.jpg

Hello water cooler, first post on thread and first cruise booked on SS - 2016 Tokyo to Alaska. I love the "smaller" ships (DW not so much) so really looking forward that. Agree with the post on Dubrovnik - a wonderful place to spend some time:

Dubrovnik_7-vi.jpg

Jim