Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

As a change of pace from the British Royal family discussions, here are some of my spring floral "eye candy" samples to share from America's Midwest.

Sure glad Spring is here and that we can enjoy these welcomed climate changes.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 176,940 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

It is spring time from our ravine area within the City of Columbus. The first two pictures reflect the "redbud" trees that are "out" right now and looking so good. Next are some different floral and/or tree samples that I snapped this afternoon while on the way to a garden store and some food shopping. Great, perfect weather here right now. Wonderful Sunday to sit on the screened porch, listen to the birds, etc.:

Spring2015A8%201_zpsfbtd4qkn.jpg

Spring2015A9%201_zpsrqojdwwa.jpg

Spring2015A12%201_zps3lfw2qed.jpg

Spring2015A13%201_zps8f5dvssj.jpg

Spring2015A10%201_zpsqoxyherp.jpg

Spring2015A11%201_zpsxuqkikja.jpg

We are at this very moment starting again with "The West Wing"

Is it not the silkiest and smoothest of series?

Only 01:30 in the morning ..... and a very large glass of Torres Brandy.Life doesn't get much better .....

:)

How many times is it possible to watch all series and all episodes without being bored?

Jeff

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

Just remember, she was pregnant with William when she was throwing herself down the stairs .....

As I "understand" it Charles has indicated to his circle that he would love Camilla to be queen but she will more probably titled Princess Consort but will be thought of as "Queen" by many but not most. Our Monarchy depends on common consent for it's influence and standing and the title is pretty much out of the question. The majority are against it. I am for it simply because it would make him happy.

Thanks for your "insights" Terry.

Jeff

And thank you as well. My British born husband (that has been in the U.S. since he graduated university) was unclear about Camilla's title. You have definitely clarified the issue for us. I understand why you would be in favor (aka favour) of the title of "Queen", he is amongst the majority that would not (probably the influence from living in the U.S.)

I loved the West Wing! Even without the Torres Brandy! :) Not much on now that even comes close! Enjoy!

The West Wing and The Good Wife and The Sopranos .......

For so long we found quite a lot of stuff originating from the US difficult to watch and then we started to get some real quality.

Sadly I only need three or four hours sleep a night which makes my wife a saint as she need eight or nine. Without the kick start of the Torres I don't think I'd even need that sleep.

Travelcat2 - As I wrote yesterday, I would not be in favour of Camilla being given the title of Queen, but rather probably Princess Consort. I think, though of course do not know, that the majority of older Brits would agree with this sentiment.

The West Wing and The Good Wife and The Sopranos .......

Don't forget The Wire, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, Orange is the New Black, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, House, House of Cards, Justified, The Newsroom.

I'd like to add some UK series to the list but can't come up with anything that comes close although the Scandies get a look-in with The Killing, The Bridge and Borgen.

Even the French get a mention with Engrenages (Spiral) for which even the most fluent French-speaker will need subtitles unless familiar with the Parisian argot.

Edited by Tothesunset

Understand that they have announced the new Princess' name as . . .

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Or, more formally as "Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge". Sounds good! From one media report, they noted: "Charlotte — a name that is French in origin — also a nod to baby's grandfather as it is the female version of Charles".

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 106,811 views for this posting.

Understand that they have announced the new Princess' name as . . .

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

Or, more formally as "Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge". Sounds good! From one media report, they noted: "Charlotte — a name that is French in origin — also a nod to baby's grandfather as it is the female version of Charles".

Lovely, and how thoughtful! Family names - after grandfather, grandmother, great grandmother and great great grandmother.

She will probably get called Charlie, though.

Well thanks Mysty.

I knew it couldnt be a tiara. I already have one I wear on formal nights while I am cruising.

It's such a burden as it's so heavy.

that's why I dont wear it daily, or while cleaning the bathrooms.

Just a lot of pressure on my shoulders and quite frankly the dogs are really exasperated at having to curtsy when I put it on.

Travelcat2 - As I wrote yesterday, I would not be in favour of Camilla being given the title of Queen, but rather probably Princess Consort. I think, though of course do not know, that the majority of older Brits would agree with this sentiment.

I hope that the Queen lives a long life and when Prince Charles becomes King, he will no doubt be loved. Princess Charlotte is going to be a beauty!

Thank you for adding to my education:)

Don't forget The Wire, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, Orange is the New Black, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, House, House of Cards, Justified, The Newsroom.

I'd like to add some UK series to the list but can't come up with anything that comes close although the Scandies get a look-in with The Killing, The Bridge and Borgen.

Even the French get a mention with Engrenages (Spiral) for which even the most fluent French-speaker will need subtitles unless familiar with the Parisian argot.

We have enjoyed the BBC series: Prime Suspect, Foyle's War and As Time Goes By. From BBC America currently watching Orphan Black.

Spinnaker2 and UKCruiseJeff, thanks for making my day! I am doubled over with laughter! Gales of giggles echoing through the house! The images that spring to mind of dogs attempting to curtsy and Lotty of Cambridge in a burlesque outfit are just hilarious!

Spinnaker2 and UKCruiseJeff, thanks for making my day! I am doubled over with laughter! Gales of giggles echoing through the house! The images that spring to mind of dogs attempting to curtsy and Lotty of Cambridge in a burlesque outfit are just hilarious!

I'm glad you can share with us those powdered faces in the oil lamp footlights and the roar of the greasepaint and the smell of the crowd .....

I am Lotti from Cambridge with me lovely Golden locks

I sing and I dance and I 'ave flash frocks!

I do me little turn in front of the plebs

Although to be honest I prefer all those Debs!

:D

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I'm glad you can share with us those powdered faces in the oil lamp footlights and the roar of the greasepaint and the smell of the crowd .....

I am Lotti from Cambridge with me lovely Golden locks

I sing and I dance and I 'ave flash frocks!

I do me little turn in front of the plebs

Although to be honest I prefer all those Debs!

:D

Bravo Master Bard! Quite the jaunty verse! Must be one of your innate skills to be able to compose so quickly and skillfully! I must say though I enjoy your verse I am not especially keen to share the "smell of the crowd". :)

Bravo Master Bard! Quite the jaunty verse! Must be one of your innate skills to be able to compose so quickly and skillfully! I must say though I enjoy your verse I am not especially keen to share the "smell of the crowd". :)

'Ere you .... is Bard short for something nasty .......:D

'Ere you .... is Bard short for something nasty .......:D

Not were I come from! :) I toy with the rhyming word myself from time to time. So I will see you your "Lotti of Cambridge" and raise you my "Queen of the Castle". To wit:

I am queen of this castle small

Though I have no throne you see

Unless you count the porcelain ones

Then I, in fact, have three.

This castle, it does not have staff

No butler and no cook

No scullery maid to help me clean

For that I am on the hook.

This castle does not have a moat

Nor drawbridge to it shield

It has a driveway full of snow

And the shovel I must wield.