Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

I guess the cooler is likely to be a bit of a place with some of us people trying hard to keep out of trouble to linger a while. Hopefully. I just hope more will open their bleedin' mouths and talk to us. Doesn't have to be anything important as I prove in every post!

I read your angst on the other thread and rather than post there I'll give my two pennyworth here. For what it's worth, in your situation and if (and this is the thing) if you would lose any cash by changing your arrangements then I would not hesitate to say stick with it. I say that for a few reasons.

Firstly I have just heard from a friend who has had a really great time. An opinion I trust implicitly. The person is as picky and grumpy as me.

Secondly ... and this is difficult to express without potentially being misinterpreted ... the poster on the other thread has considerable cruise experience from several different lines and is from my calculation quite young ... I think 45'ish compared to the sound of your goodself. They have a few hundred nights under their belt on several different lines from their posts. Why is that a factor? Bluntly compared to you they might (I mean this constructively) be more discerning due to their considerable experience. You do not have a point of comparison and with the right attitude you will probably be wowed.

So I'd say a factor is the loss of deposit and cash but if all else is equal I'd go for it. Is that perspective on any help or have I caused more angst?

Now ..... how are you filling your days? And more importantly how long are you going to spend in Singapore?

Jeff

Get a room, you two.

Wait...What??? Horrors! Have we been discovered? DUM dum DUM (dramatic music). Whatever will my poor, dear, long-suffering spouse of 37 years think when he finds out that a tall, dark and handsome peasant from across the pond has "posted" his way into my heart. I will now commence my walk of shame! Head down, feet dragging, exit stage right. :)

Peas apart, I happen to know that both of you two sweeties are quite capable of making a very interesting - and positive - contribution to the thread ....... and I know that you can do whole, complete sentences .... and even paragraphs!

Come on now .....

:)

There's plenty of peas being taken on this thread.

If I have stepped over the line and offended readers, I am truly sorry! My relative inexperience posting here has probably contributed to over-exuberance on my part. I will be more circumspect in future. :(

Well, it's alright for you lot, but I have been abandoned for the day by wifey who has "gone up to town" ie London to have her "hair done".

This normally involves spending the equivalent of the gross national product of a minor'ish state with someone she has known for all of her life and becasue "she doesn't trust anyone else to do it". Apart from a change in the colour of the "root department" she always looks almost the same as when she left ... but the deal is I must say "how lovely your hair looks" or I will have several days of grumpiness where everything said is preceeded by "have you not noticed anything different about my hair ....." Anyway being a decent bloke I never complain. And if I did I would lose because I would be told in a very hurt tone "But I'm only doing this so I look nice for you".

Today is however different from the normal already complicated process because she is meeting Daughter for what has worryingly been referred to in hushed telephone conversations as "an extended lunch".

Several different restaurants have been debated - pros and cons weighed with due consultations with Tripadvisor et al and I believe a complex process involving a multi-dimensiona decision chart produced a clear winner. All I know is that "it is well rated and "you only get what you pay for " has been ominously mentioned. And I get to foot the bill.

So - I'm left without my best mate for the day. I've got stuff for a pizza and kebabs and a wine rack. It ain't bleedin fair.

And another thing if this Milipede character pops up again and sings "This is my moment" - I'm going to throw something at the TV.

Friends across the sea, let me introduce you to the main who is determined to be our next Prime Minister.

9D4CD188-B2DB-4BFE-A7DC-B49F90C0D6B6.jpg

latest?cb=20140526031303

Jeff - I am truly nervous about the result of this election. Not only the thought of those who have ruined our economy twice recently, but the influence of the Scot. Nats.

I really hope people will have a good think before they put their cross on tomorrow - that is what often happens, thankfully.

Fingers crossed.

LL

Wifey has seriously been talking about moving permanently to Singapore.

It will be catastrophic for the UK is any flavour of Labour and anything else prevails. And what also worries me is that the Lib Dems cynical revelations of cabinet type discussions for political advantage of what I consider to be fundamental breaches of trust and confidence means that how will a future government operate when no one will trust anyone any more.

The worst political time of our lives.

:(

Good Day Coolers 😊

Just thought I'd pop along to say Hello after recovering from a fabulous crossing on the Spirit. No complaints at all about the voyage, l was looked after well by one and all....what is there not to like when having fun on the Atlantic...😉

I've been catching up with all the posts and it's so lovely to see some new coolers joining the tongue in cheek conversation.....and airing views on various subjects....with good old Jeffers leading the pack ...:D

I shall most willingly support election fever on the morrow and eagerly await the very important outcome.....with hopefully the right result as l vote for Screaming Lord Such....:eek:;)

Tis always good to have a great sense of humour!

Sophia :)

And what also worries me is that the Lib Dems cynical revelations of cabinet type discussions for political advantage of what I consider to be fundamental breaches of trust and confidence means that how will a future government operate when no one will trust anyone any more.

:(

I think the Lib Dems have already demonstrated that they are prepared to prostitute their principles for the illusion of power. That they should also show their lack of integrity concerning confidential events of the past 5 years comes as no surprise. Indeed, political expediency seems to be a much better driver of political position than does honour, integrity and principle.

Hello Sophia!

Welcome back from your cruise/crossing. So how about some details! You got on just as we got off. I am so envious, we had a memorable cruise in every sense of the word.

I understand it did get rough and you had to divert because of a huge storm. But as well I am sure the Captain took good care of you all.

Did you book another cruise?

Oh and a quick question regarding politicians everywhere...isn't the word synonymous with prostitute?

I haven't seen honor, integrity and principles since the the girl/Boy Scouts ( I believe in British parlance the term is Guides).

I think the Lib Dems have already demonstrated that they are prepared to prostitute their principles for the illusion of power. That they should also show their lack of integrity concerning confidential events of the past 5 years comes as no surprise. Indeed, political expediency seems to be a much better driver of political position than does honour, integrity and principle.

It's all bizarre.

It transpires that Wallace thinks his red line is non-doms. It is the smallest part of any revenue production idea you could possibly think of. In fact we all know it is a net cost to exchequer. But he believes it will win him votes from stupid people. Says it all. If he is right then where do we place the bar at what constitutes an average IQ exactly?

It also transpires that as a student he led a protest against rent increases for his student digs. Voila - we now have a proposal for rent controls. This will have the effect of throwing loads of buy-to-let investment properties back onto the market all at fire-sale prices and voila a new financial crises with negative equities and a property price depression. Does he not undersand any basic economics?

The idea of having a government from self-indulgent school children fills me with a terrible sense of forboding.