Oasis Rm#6662 ocean balcony guarantee

So we were just assigned our room and from what I can see it's not an obstructed view but it's so hard to find good exterior pictures of the ship. Has anyone had this room or one close to it? On the one side of our room is a Grand Suite with Balcony. We're located near the second hump towards the back. Also, does deck 6 have the lifeboats on it or just below it?

So we were just assigned our room and from what I can see it's not an obstructed view but it's so hard to find good exterior pictures of the ship. Has anyone had this room or one close to it? On the one side of our room is a Grand Suite with Balcony. We're located near the second hump towards the back. Also, does deck 6 have the lifeboats on it or just below it?

We were in the GS 6660 next to it. We liked the location a lot. What we did find was trying to regulate the air conditioning in the cabin. We figured it might be because we are so close to the BW where the doors were continually opening letting in the very hot humid air.

I believe yours is a D8, if so, you might want to switch to 7664 which is almost directly above. Only thing with deck 7 aft you cannot walk across port to starboard. You have to go up or down one deck. Only a problem if you get on a port side elevator coming back to your cabin. With that being said we have that same cabin booked for an B2B next year.

We were in the GS 6660 next to it. We liked the location a lot. What we did find was trying to regulate the air conditioning in the cabin. We figured it might be because we are so close to the BW where the doors were continually opening letting in the very hot humid air.

I believe yours is a D8, if so, you might want to switch to 7664 which is almost directly above. Only thing with deck 7 aft you cannot walk across port to starboard. You have to go up or down one deck. Only a problem if you get on a port side elevator coming back to your cabin. With that being said we have that same cabin booked for an B2B next year.

Thank you for the tip! On your balcony in the GS was the railing/barrier glass or solid? I had a balcony on a different ship that was a solid metal wall/railing and I'm hoping to have glass.

there are not any lifeboats below the hump. the views will be nice

They will not be on the hump. The lifeboats will stop them from looking straight down into the water, but is not a big deal, to me that is.

Yes the views will still be very nice.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

We have been in #6662 on Oasis and one of the few times we didn't book a JS...and at that time it was classified a D2 not a D8 ...great location...keep this cabin...you'll be glad you did.

We have been in #6662 on Oasis and one of the few times we didn't book a JS...and at that time it was classified a D2 not a D8 ...great location...keep this cabin...you'll be glad you did.

Awesome! That's great to hear. Ya I guess it's a D8 now which is ok with me. Looks like the location is pretty good with elevators and board walk right outside the door. So excited now!! Glad I took a gamble on doing the Guarantee!!

Which is a real pain. Would never book that deck again

Which is a real pain. Would never book that deck again

I hear ya! Now that we have experienced it before, we are hoping we will be cognoscente about it and take the starboard bank of elevators when we use them.

I really do have a feeling we will screw up at least once.:eek:

Deck 7 forward is fine for those that might be wondering. It only affects the aft.

I think you will love the location of 6662. I had chosen 6678 on my Oasis cruise because I wanted to be nearer the water. It was very near the aft elevator lobby. Boardwalk was just to the aft and the lobby overlooked the Royal Promenade one deck down. I loved this location! Got to see/do many unplanned things simply because we were in the right place at the right time!

If I had to get to the forward part of the ship (grandson’s Adventure Ocean was on deck 14 forward), I would grab an elevator to Central Park deck 8 if one was coming or just go down the stairs to the Royal Promenade to cut through to the forward elevators.

It also was above the opening in the lifeboats so I could see straight down and watch the Kelvin wake patterns once we were underway. Below are the forward and aft views from my balcony, with the lifeboats reflected in the glass. Your balcony will be more in the middle of the opening. Very nice.

lifeboats-forward.jpglifeboats-aft.jpg

The Oasis usually docks starboard side, giving you a great view of the comings and goings on the dock. If you look back from the hump, you can locate the two grand suites and then your cabin in this shot:

Oasis-starboard-lg.jpg

Have a great cruise!

~ Judy

I'm in 7154 on oasis. A d8 category. Our TA made is sound like a good thing. I'm a new cruiser. Is anyone familiar with this location? Can you see the lifeboats below?

You may be able to see the edge of a lifeboat if you lean over the balcony and look straight down, but it does not significantly obscure the view.

Edited by clarea

I agree!!!...my son in 2014 had this cabin and LOVED it...he said not only was the cabin nice with a great view, but loved being close to the food :D

I think cabin 6662 is an awesome location. It is very close to boardwalk and located right by the stairs and elevators. It is an easy one flight down to the Royal Promenade or another easy two flights up to Central Park. Also, the cabin is located 34 cabins from the most aft cabin on the deck. If I counted correctly from the side view of the ship in post #14 you will see that there is no lifeboat located below that cabin on deck 5 so you will even be able to look straight down at the water if you desire to.

I would not have any doubts about keeping this cabin.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I think you will love the location of 6662. I had chosen 6678 on my Oasis cruise because I wanted to be nearer the water. It was very near the aft elevator lobby. Boardwalk was just to the aft and the lobby overlooked the Royal Promenade one deck down. I loved this location! Got to see/do many unplanned things simply because we were in the right place at the right time!

Thank you so much for the pics and good info!! Very helpful!

I agree!!!...my son in 2014 had this cabin and LOVED it...he said not only was the cabin nice with a great view, but loved being close to the food :D

Great! I'm so excited!!

• 2 weeks later...
You may be able to see the edge of a lifeboat if you lean over the balcony and look straight down, but it does not significantly obscure the view.

Clarea we were able to upgrade from D8 7154 to a D2 category 7596 on the hump starboard side. Was this a good choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Clarea we were able to upgrade from D8 7154 to a D2 category 7596 on the hump starboard side. Was this a good choice?

I would say that is an excellent move. Your balcony will be larger and your view freom the balcony will be better center hump.