Jewel of the Seas 08.07.2016 Greece/Turkey- pictures only

.manu.

My sister and I just did that same cruise on June 1st. We had a great time and I'm sure you will too! Santorini was beautiful!

Is the Satorini island tour accessible for those people who have difficulty walking??[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Satorini island tour accessible for those people who have difficulty walking??[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

There is very difficult walking areas on almost every portion of Santorini. Call the shore excursions desk and ask.

We took a private tour, just the two of us and our driver. We took the cable car up and down. The town was very walkable. My sister has walking difficulties and although she got tired, she did not have any problems navigating through the towns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We took a private tour, just the two of us and our driver. We took the cable car up and down. The town was very walkable. My sister has walking difficulties and although she got tired, she did not have any problems navigating through the towns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was there a long wait either way on the cable car? Did you get the driver outside of the ship or average before hand. Again thanks for the info? Approx. cost?[emoji12][emoji12]

Was there a long wait either way on the cable car? Did you get the driver outside of the ship or average before hand. Again thanks for the info? Approx. cost?[emoji12][emoji12]

We took a morning tour and met the driver at the top at 9 AM. The line for the cable car was short. Also, because we went back down early, the line down was short as well. However, I understand it can be very long at peak times. I booked it through santorini-private-guide.com. The price for 4 persons was 300 Euros but you could have up to 7 people for 35 Euros per person above the 4. You pay 100 Euros deposit via PayPal, then the remainder in cash at the end of the tour.

The tour we took was for 4 1/2 hours. We were very happy with our tour, and our driver Efi was delightful. We didn't complete the entire tour because my sister was getting very tired but we were happy with what we saw. Plenty of photo opportunities too. It included a visit to the excavations of Akrotiri which was very interesting.

If you want more information, you can contact Kostas at santorinitourguides@gmail.com. Hope this helps!

Edited by linkerbink

From the review I saw that the shower in that particular cabin was equiped with sliding doors, hence do all balcony cabins have sliding doors in the shower on Jewel? The reason I am asking is, because on Radiance at least the E category balcony cabins have curtains and no sliding doors

From the review I saw that the shower in that particular cabin was equiped with sliding doors, hence do all balcony cabins have sliding doors in the shower on Jewel? The reason I am asking is, because on Radiance at least the E category balcony cabins have curtains and no sliding doors

Except for most of the the suites, the staterooms on Jewel have sliding doors on the showers. Jewel and Serenade came later in the Radiance class builds, so they both have sliding doors.

Except for most of the the suites, the staterooms on Jewel have sliding doors on the showers. Jewel and Serenade came later in the Radiance class builds, so they both have sliding doors.

JR and GS have the tub and shower combo and have curtains. Owners and Royal have separate shower combo with glass shower doors. All reg rooms have the sliding doors on Jewel.

Was there a long wait either way on the cable car?

We were on the first tender boat. The lines for the cable car were short at that time. But 30min later, the line was long. There were 3 other ships in port. That's maybe why...

IMG_20160809_133357_zpsuacvq5tn.jpg

The line down was short at 4pm.

Tuesday, 08.09.2016

Santorini

Tender tickets were handed out at 9am. We were there at 8. Only two in front of us in the line. By 8:30 many others had arrived. We got tickets for the first tender. When we walked back to our room at 9:05, the line was all the way through the shopping area.

20160809_100728_zpswqyc4p3w.jpg

IMG_1446_zpsvqpye7uy.jpg

IMG_1453_zpspbpks924.jpg

IMG_1457_zpsq6onm6ql.jpg

IMG_1561_zpsucwghue9.jpg

We decided to do the speedboat, bus to Oia, bus to Fira, cable car trip. As may others reported, the organisation is bad. First the speedboat company told us, the boat should be here in 5min. Than they told us that no boat is coming. We got a refund uf our money and had to get tickets from an other company. They had no speedboat, just a normal one. So by the time we were on the boat, the second tender already arrived.

When we got to the small port below Oia, there was no bus to get us to Oia. We started walking up the steep road. The road was that narrow, that many cars would drive down backward. There were many mini buses, scooter and walker on the same dusty road. It was not fun.

Up at the street we found someone who would drive us to Oia. But just a minibus for a whole load of people from the boat. There were no signs on the car or anything. We just got into a minibus. The driver didn't understand, why all the tourists do the speedboat-bus tour. It would be so much easier to take the cable cars and than a bus.

When we arrived in Oia, we had to decide which bus we want to take to Fira. They run every full hour. We took 4pm, because every one told us, that the line at the cable car would be very long after 4.

As we arrived at 3:40 a woman was yelling at the staff at the bus station. She was waiting for over an hour for her transfer to Fira. She somehow managed to get a minibus to take here and her family to Fira. And we were able to get on her bus too.

We had time, are young and fit. So this was a bit chaotic and time consuming, but manageable. But with children or elderly people, please don't do the speedboat-bus tour!!

12:50 leaving with the tender

1:30 leaving with the boat to Oia

2:00 arriving in the port below Oia

2:30 at the desk to make reservation for the bus to Fira

3:45 sneaked into an early transfer to Fira

4:05 at the cabe cars

4:30 back at the tender boat station

Can you get tender tickets for everyone in your party or just you? In other words can my husband and I get tickets for his parents too (different cabin)?

Yes, only one person has to stand in line. They ask how many tickets you need. No matter how many cabins.

You could easily take two more and sell them to the last in line:D