Buying wine on Escape or before cruise

NSAHO79

We are sailing on the Escape in October. I could only find a couple of selections of wine to buy on their website and it is over $55.00 a bottle. How much is a bottle of wine if you buy it at the MDR during a meal? Not looking for anything fancy.

I know I can bring a bottle but we are afraid it might get broken in our checked luggage.

Thanks.

We are sailing on the Escape in October. I could only find a couple of selections of wine to buy on their website and it is over $55.00 a bottle. How much is a bottle of wine if you buy it at the MDR during a meal? Not looking for anything fancy.

I know I can bring a bottle but we are afraid it might get broken in our checked luggage.

Thanks.

This is the default wine list. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56778877&postcount=89

Places like the Cellars will have a wider selection that you could buy. If you have the UBP, you get a 20% discount (basically covers the cost of the gratuity).

If you can get a "cheap" wine on shore, at the embarkation port, that you really like buy it and carry it in hand luggage. Then even when you have paid the $15 a bottle "corkage" fee it will still be cheaper than you would pay on board; that is assuming that they even carry your liked wine.

Just went online to find out more about Viva Vino and didn’t see much. Is this something available for purchase when onboard? The price per bottle seems reasonable for on a cruise ship. Can this wine be consumed in any dining room? If half a bottle consumed, do they save the other half for another meal for you?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...

Prior to last NCL cruise in September we were told that the wine package was not offered.   Because of that, I purchased wine locally, took it on the ship, paid the $15 corkage per bottle.  We dislike the overpriced, limited Beverage Packages with the high (20%) gratuities and always decline that package.   I am glad to know that the wine packages are still offered.