Jewel Of The Seas 3/7 - 3/11 Review with lots of pics

Time for our first dinner in the main dinning room.

I (Jeff )dreaded this. I don't eat fancy food and really don't eat much. Lets just say a picky eater big time. The first night at dinner i was sick as a dog and was hoping Cindy would just get a doggy bag and take it back to the room. I did hold out till she finished but I was finished for the night i am sorry to say. I am still glad I went. She was so looking forward to it.

We did have my time dinning which we loved. We only made a reservation the first night and never had to wait more than a couple of min. the others. We were so glad we got the same table and wait staff every night. Our last cruise we only used the main dinning room for breakfast the last two days. This time we used it breakfast and dinner every day. More to come about this a little later.

P1030200.jpg

P1030196.jpg

Great start!

Sorry you had a sick night on day one. At least you had a chance to get a good night's sleep (I hope) to break that problem.

TY for posting the cabin picture as well. Cruising on Serenade in the same cabin category with the connection next year. :)

Great start!

Sorry you had a sick night on day one. At least you had a chance to get a good night's sleep (I hope) to break that problem.

TY for posting the cabin picture as well. Cruising on Serenade in the same cabin category with the connection next year. :)

Thank you. I was just so glad it only lasted that night. Not sure what caused it. There was no motion on the ship and had not eat or drink much. oh well.

And we slept like a baby that night. The beds on there ships are so comfortable. I would sneak one home in my suit case if it would fit ! :D

Have a great time on your cruise. Don't forget to do your review when you get back.

Thank you. I was just so glad it only lasted that night. Not sure what caused it. There was no motion on the ship and had not eat or drink much. oh well.

And we slept like a baby that night. The beds on there ships are so comfortable. I would sneak one home in my suit case if it would fit ! :D

Have a great time on your cruise. Don't forget to do your review when you get back.

No worries there! Just finished the last review a week or so back.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for much for sharing. On the Jewel the 21st. Did people dress for formal night? We have always cruised 7 days so not really sure how formal the 4 nights cruises are. We would like to dress up and maybe rent tuxes on board. Love your photos! Also, are there any theme nights? Thanks for any information you can share.

Why did they have to search your bag? I thought they called you down to have you there when they searched bags.

That's what we thought to. Not sure why unless they heard the hair spray or thought our hair dryer was a gun. It was our bathroom bag so no big deal to us. I have read about being called down to the naughty room. Maybe that's if they do find something you shouldn't have.

Thanks for much for sharing. On the Jewel the 21st. Did people dress for formal night? We have always cruised 7 days so not really sure how formal the 4 nights cruises are. We would like to dress up and maybe rent tuxes on board. Love your photos! Also, are there any theme nights? Thanks for any information you can share.

You are very welcome. Our pleasure.

We had one formal night on Friday, the first sea day. It did not seem to us that as many people dressed up as they did on the 7 night we took last year. We did because we wanted to enjoy the dinning room feel that we did not do on last cruise. Did see at least one person in a tux. Don't worry about anyone else. This is your cruise! Dress up as much as you want!!! And they did do pictures every night but the first night. We had some made in our casual cloths and we think they turned out great.

And yes they had 70's night on second sea day. We have pictures we will post.

My better half said I should be telling you what the food was. Sorry. I will from now on.

Some type of all chocolate dessert. I think it was called chocolate sensation.

P1030260.jpg

...And double strawberry cheese cake.

P1030261.jpg

Can you guess what we miss the most from the cruise ? :)

I took my family on the Jewel in 2004 and we're going back this April. The kids are in high school and college now so it will be a happy break for us. Very happy to see and hear The Jewel is holding up well. I'm ready to down size and get back on a smaller ship. Thanks for the review.