Any Updates on the Pacific Princess Dry Dock????

chamima

Is there an easy way to resize a photo on Android? I will be sailing on 6/27 in an Owner's suite but my phone takes minimum 3.7 MB pictures, too large to upload to cruisecritic. I know how to do it at home with photoshop but not while on the ship. Plus I have been told to not expect WiFi service when we sail above the Arctic Circle.

Photoshop on android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.psmobile

But, there might be a simple app that just does resize.

I already posted a thread on Club Class Dining on the Pacific Princess.

Have several matters to attend to at home after being away for 3 weeks before I find the time to resize pictures that I took of the new carpeting, Sabatinis, Sterling Steakhouse, atrium, pool furniture , suite furniture etc. Sorry

Looks like Gwen already posted some.

Edited by cflutist

This one of the new sofa/lounger in the suite is just for you.

Holy cow. That is so cool. I slept on the old version several nights to give my DW a relief from my snoring. The new sofa/lounger looks 110% better than the old one. Thanks for sharing the picture.....:):):)

Bob

This one of the new sofa/lounger in the suite is just for you.
The sofa/lounger may be newer but in my mind it is a big step backwards. Before that there was a sleeper sofa and two side chairs and it was very easy for two couples to sit around and have a conversation. The suites are rated for four people and we had DD and her friend in an owner's suite with us. There wouldn't have been seating for the four of us. DS had a sofa/lounger in his apartment and the lounger portion was inconvenient to get in and out of by most of us. We probably will never book a suite on the Pacific again but I feel the sofa/lounger is a poor selection.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
Regarding Club Class Dining:

They have implemented it - very small section of the dining room. I think only about 24 cabins. CD said they can come anytime during dining hours and they are making special dishes for that section only. They order off the main dining room menu, but have specialty dishes too. I believe a tableside pasta dish nightly and some other goodies too. You use the same entrance to the dining room as there is only one!

Both my Princess planner and 3 other cruisers have told me that club class diners still have either early or late dinning but in the club class area - I am sailing in December and would like to clear this up. I would bet that if all 24 staterooms (some with 4 cruisers) were to show up at the same time that there would not be room to accommodate them all

I posted a map of Club Class Dining on my other Pacific Princess thread. Early seating was pretty empty, only 5 to 7 tables occupied. Late seating was more popular. I stuck my head in once and saw this, but did not count how many tables were occupied.

• 4 weeks later...
pa_bridge.jpg?1497122921513

She's underway. Sure wish I was onboard.....:):):)

Bob

Bob,

I want to again thank you for your posts in May- June, Los Angeles to Florida. I read your post daily as it was right around the time we booked our cruise on Pacific Princess, our first time on this ship.

I followed her progress from the information I could get midsummer as she came out of dry dock and, apparently got upgrades in increments both in the Caribbean and New York.

Our cruise is November 11, just around the corner.

Your posts from your owner suite were amazing- though mostly textual with an occasional daily picture, your storytelling was nice reading.

This morning, we took it vantage of an upgrade offer moving from club class mini suite to an owners suite as well. We are in 8067; I will be maintaining a blog with pictures every day.

Also, in my opinion, the videos from this ship specifically available on YouTube are horrible, rather with some folks holding their phone vertically or just really bad quality overall.

This entire summer I had planned on paying you and others, like CFFlutist back for the information you gave out- by creating modern videos of the ship and posting them in 4K for others to enjoy for a few years to come.

Looking forward to documenting Pacific Princess in here post-upgrade era.

Thank you again for the motivation.

Cheers,

Bob

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2330837

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just disembarked from her last week in Venice.

Most of the updating is nice, but instead of a loveseat in our balcony cabin, there was now a new "wide seat" chair .... quite roomy for one, but not roomy enough for two, unless both are as skinny as anorexic models. Since we both love to relax and read, we missed having a loveseat we could share while doing so. One had to take the new chair and the other a bed. One more way to keep us from relaxing in the cabin instead of being out and about onboard and spending $$!!!

Also, the new desk chairs in the cabins have a very short backrest ..... useless for back support. Whoever's turn it was to use the new chair used it for a footstool.

The new pool deck seating groups look nice, but really aren't very comfortable, as the backrests of some pieces are low and don't offer any back support. I would not be inclined to sit there for more than just a few minutes, as one cannot just lean back and relax. Others have loose pillows rather than cushioned backrests, and are not comfy. I didn't see many people gather on that fancy new furniture to hang out and socialize. Too bad they went for appearance instead of comfort.

Just disembarked from her last week in Venice.

Most of the updating is nice, but instead of a loveseat in our balcony cabin, there was now a new "wide seat" chair .... quite roomy for one, but not roomy enough for two, unless both are as skinny as anorexic models. Since we both love to relax and read, we missed having a loveseat we could share while doing so. One had to take the new chair and the other a bed. One more way to keep us from relaxing in the cabin instead of being out and about onboard and spending $$!!!

Did your cabin have a connecting door to the adjoining cabin? If so, those cabins never had loveseats because of the location of the connecting door.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did your cabin have a connecting door to the adjoining cabin? If so, those cabins never had loveseats because of the location of the connecting door.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the same cruise which ended in Venice. We had a balcony cabin with no connecting door, and we had the over sized chair as opposed to the a two person love seat. The chair at the dresser in the cabin was very uncomfortable. The low back sat below my waist. It was more like a stool than a table. I don't believe there was new furniture in the Pacific Lounge. We were on the ship a year ago, and I didn't notice a difference. Plus, when you sat down in the chairs, you sank right to the bottom of the cushion.

I really loved the new dining room, but wonder how the white upholstery on the chairs is going to hold up. The same is true on the chairs with white upholstery on the seating outside of the buffet.

really loved the new dining room, but wonder how the white upholstery on the chairs is going to hold up.

Interesting comments about the furniture with the last few posters; we are boarding in 14 days, and will provide current pictures on that roll call board (11Nov) [emoji846]

Cheers,

Bob