Transportation from EWR to Cruise Port?

Oxo

We are going on the Liberty of The Seas in September 2015. I have posted this on the Roll Call and have search the forums for an answer. However, I cannot find an answer. Does anyone know what the best way is to get to the cruise port from EWR and the cost? Thank you!

Reasonable and NYC area? Does that go together? LOL I think it is about a 15 minute ride.

I live 9.5 mikes from Newark airport. Car service/taxi is $45. Pretty much the same distance from the airport to Bayonne. It is what it is.

Reasonable and NYC area? Does that go together? LOL I think it is about a 15 minute ride.

I guess it depends on one's definition of reasonable or cheap. ;)

My post was sort of tongue in cheek. What I consider reasonable for a room in NYC is a lot different than many that post on this board. :D

• 1 month later...

Is there a shuttle from EWR to Port Liberty? When returning from Port Liberty to EWR there was a shuttle at the taxi stand that we took. We used Dial 7 from NYC to port last year, but not from EWR to port. Thank you.

Is there a shuttle from EWR to Port Liberty? When returning from Port Liberty to EWR there was a shuttle at the taxi stand that we took. We used Dial 7 from NYC to port last year, but not from EWR to port. Thank you.

No shuttles from EWR to Cape Liberty. The shuttles from Cape Libery to EWR just went from $16 to $28.50/pp.

We are going on the Liberty of The Seas in September 2015. I have posted this on the Roll Call and have search the forums for an answer. However, I cannot find an answer. Does anyone know what the best way is to get to the cruise port from EWR and the cost? Thank you!

We used Independent Driver recently. Very prompt service and polite driver (Alex). Abdul was great to work with and always answered phone when I called to update.

Would definitely use them again.

For my November cruise on Liberty of the Seas, the ground transfers offered by the cruise line were well under the prices others have posted here. Why aren't you using them?

What is the per person price being offered by the cruise line? I'm betting it's in the $28.50/pp range. If you are staying at an EWR hotel, you have to schlep all your stuff on the hotel shuttle back to at least the P4 Airtrain station if not a terminal. For two people it is cost, time, and hassle effective to arrange private transportation to the port at the particular time you want to go. I have used Independent Driver and would do so again.

• 1 month later...
Hi, We are sailing 9/5.

If you plan on using the shuttle from Cape Liberty to EWR when the cruise is over, do I need to reserve it.

What time does it leave?

Thanks,

Chris

No reservations as far as I am aware. They fill the shuttles up as folks disembark and send them off to the airport.

Ok great, Thanks.

Do you have any idea how long they will run for?

We have a late flight so we don't need to be in any hurry to get off the ship...

Chris

We had a late flight in June and didn't leave the ship until 9:45 or 10:00 am. No problem with finding a shuttle.

I called a car service for a quote to get my group of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids) from SpringHill Suites (EWR) to Cape Liberty and was quoted $115 for a mini van (ouch- think it was Signature service). However, when i called the hotel they said a taxi for 5 to the Port would be about $50. So can someone help me out? Just want to get a handle on what to expect. I don't need luxury service, just a cost effective way to get there. thanks.

Nancy

I've tried calling them a number of times, left a message, still haven't heard back. Anyone have an idea of what it would cost in the meantime?

Disregard post...got a call back. $60. Thanks!