Boarding Time Pier 27 San Francisco

Tedferg

We are on 10 day, Mexico, Grand, May 1.

I have read comments on CC about slow boarding in San Francisco, but do not know if this has improved since Pier 27 was opened.

Travel Summary says general boarding 1:00 to 3:00 and 1 - 1:30 for our deck. Is there any point in arriving earlier ?

We are driving to San Francisco and parking near the pier. I plan to drop DW with luggage and then walk back from parking. No point in getting there early if we have to stand around until 1:00.

I always arrive between 10:30 and 11am. They open the doors for check in at 11am and boarding the ship is usually at 12 noon. This timing was the same in my experience at both piers. The staggered boarding times is a suggestion only

In November we were instructed to arrive at 11:00 for the BVE. We waited until about 11:30 or 11:45 when we were allowed to board. After we boarded the Elite passengers boarded and then I assume anyone else who had arrived was allowed on board. If we were not doing the BVE we would probably plan to arrive around 11:45 - 12:00.

In November we were instructed to arrive at 11:00 for the BVE. We waited until about 11:30 or 11:45 when we were allowed to board. After we boarded the Elite passengers boarded and then I assume anyone else who had arrived was allowed on board. If we were not doing the BVE we would probably plan to arrive around 11:45 - 12:00.

We were on the Grand in both November and January and this was our experience also.

Unfortunately, due to the horrific weather in San Francisco on January 19th, disembarkation was not completed until after 12:30 pm and I believe embarkation started around 1:30 pm.

We arrived at about 11:30 in December and just heard they were allowing elite and suite passengers to board as we were getting through the security line. Registration was pretty quick and then you were either allowed to board (elite / suite pax) or directed to wait in the seats for the next announcement. The entire process took us about 30 minutes, most of which was in the line to get through security.

We've sailed many times out of Pier 35 and can tell you that after a handful or two of sailings into Pier 27, it is so much better!!