“Live” from the "Allure of the Seas": Western - Nov 17-24,2013

2,229 Posts
Joined May 2005
Another random question - you may or may not be able to answer. There are character appearances - some labeled "professional" and others labeled "bring your camera". I'm interested in knowing if they allow photos with personal cameras at the "professional" appearances.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected] (Real Estate)
Florida
9,388 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
If you can....please ask Andy to find out if they have gluten free pizza. Im sure he like to get into a pie himself lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Oasis of the Seas, April 15, 2018
Oasis of the Seas, October 2017
Harmony of the Seas, May 2017
NCL Getaway, May 2016
Carnival Magic, April 2016
Carnival Fascination, December 2015
Oasis of the Seas, October 2015
Carnival Valor, May 2015
Regal Princess, September 2014
Allure of the Seas, 5-11/2014
Carnival Fascination, April 2014
Allure of the Seas, October 2013
NCL Breakaway, June 2013
Carnival Fascination, May 2013
Freedom of the Seas, October 2012
Carnival Dream, May 2012
Monarch of the Seas, Decembher 2012
Freedom of the Seas, July 2011
Liberty of the Seas, May 2011
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Once we got off the ship we were greeted with some local music. Great welcome.

Allure looks so beautiful

Look what I found today.

Andy was so happy when we got to Rose Hall he had to pose here

Andy liked what Rose Hall had to offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Rhapsody of the Seas. February 18, 2018
Independence of the Seas. March 01, 2018
Oasis of the Seas. November 4, 2018

Past "Live" Trip Reports

RCCL - Oasis of the Seas "Live" cruise report. November 12-19, 2017. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Brilliance of the Seas "Live" cruise report. December 12-16, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Allure of the Seas "Live" cruise report. Nov 17-24,2013. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 19-26, 2013. Back -2- Back. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Jewel of the Seas "Live" cruise report. April 13-18, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Monarch of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 20-23, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE
CCL - Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom B2B "Live" cruise report. November 8-17, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.
CCL - Carnival Ecstasy "Live" cruise report. December 3-8, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

CCL - Carnival Ecstasy. Nov 24-27,2000. Report can be found HERE.

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Oasis of the Seas(1), Harmony of the Seas(1), Enchantment of the Seas(3), Monarch of the Seas(2), Jewel of the Seas(1), Allure of the Seas(1), Brilliance of the Seas(2)
Carnival Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy(2), Carnival Freedom(2), Carnival Legend(2), Carnival Inspiration(2), Carnival Imagination(2), Carnival Fantasy(2), Carnival Sensation(2)

Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Views we saw around Rose Hall today. Simply beautiful.

River pool. Lots of folks having a great day floating around.

Lots of games similar to this are here.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

RCCL - Oasis of the Seas "Live" cruise report. November 12-19, 2017. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Brilliance of the Seas "Live" cruise report. December 12-16, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Allure of the Seas "Live" cruise report. Nov 17-24,2013. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 19-26, 2013. Back -2- Back. "Live" report can be found HERE
RCCL - Jewel of the Seas "Live" cruise report. April 13-18, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.
RCCL - Monarch of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 20-23, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE
CCL - Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom B2B "Live" cruise report. November 8-17, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.
CCL - Carnival Ecstasy "Live" cruise report. December 3-8, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Oasis of the Seas(1), Harmony of the Seas(1), Enchantment of the Seas(3), Monarch of the Seas(2), Jewel of the Seas(1), Allure of the Seas(1), Brilliance of the Seas(2)
Carnival Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy(2), Carnival Freedom(2), Carnival Legend(2), Carnival Inspiration(2), Carnival Imagination(2), Carnival Fantasy(2), Carnival Sensation(2)

Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Snack carts we had at Rose Hall today.

This was good. Know it was chicken but also possibly goat. On the bus ride over to the Hilton we learned goat was used a lot. :-)

Pumpkin soup was just wonderful!

Andy finding trouble again

Andy showing off one more time before we left Rose Hall

Unfortunately it came time we had to head back to the ship. I had 6pm reservations at 150 Park Central.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Winter Garden, FL
524 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by MrFunInTheSun
Snack carts we had at Rose Hall today.

This was good. Know it was chicken but also possibly goat. On the bus ride over to the Hilton we learned goat was used a lot. :-)

Thats jerk chicken. Goat is served curried.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival - 14; Celebrity - 2; NCL - 1 ; Royal Caribbean - 2
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
My amazing meal at 150 Central Park

Six Course menu. This was one of three that was part of my Central Park Dining Package for $70.00. Was less buying before the cruise.

Yummy bread with butter and six salts to choose from. Was really good.

Florida Lobster salad. This was so good. Wish I had had more in my serving.

My atmosphere

Cauliflower Soup. This too was very good.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Long Island, NY
1,056 Posts
Joined May 2005
I hope you are planning on seeing this group perform. We had seen them on our July 2012 Allure cruise and they were fantastic!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Liberty of the Seas Bermuda July 11, 2015
RCCL Allure W. Carib.June 29, 2014

RCCL Allure-E.Carib. July 8, 2012
HAL Veendam-Bermuda July 3, 2011
Carnival Valor-Exotic W.Carib. July 19, 2009
HAL Eurodam-NYC Intro Aug. 29 2008
NCL Dawn-2 niter Oct. 2007
HAL Volendam-E.Caribbean Dec. 2005
NCL Dawn-W.Caribbean-Dec. 2002
Carnival Legend 2 niter-June 2001
NCL Crown-Bermuda-Aug.1999
NCL Seaward-Mexico-April 1993
Atlanta, GA
511 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Loving the review so far. Great pictures!

A quick question: How did they handle the drinks package with 150 CP? I was wondering how the new $12/glass policy would work in coordination with the tasting menu. My assumption is that it would not necessarily apply. Thanks and enjoy!
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Jumbo Lump Crab Cake

Pasta

Ranch NY Strip

Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake. This was so good but of course very rich.

Was advised on how wonderful the Cucumber Martini was at 150 Central. But it cost $15 and not included in the drink package and you couldn't just pay the difference. So I skipped it and stuck to my two captain Morgan's and cold.

I later made my way to the Champaign Bar and got a cucumber martini there that was part of the drink package. It was very yummy. Thankfully Andy wasn't around and able to enjoy it myself. After I got my martini I made my way to the dining room to eat....well more socializing than eat with the gang.

Tonight's dining room menu. I just ordered an appetizer and enjoyed my cucumber martini.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

suburban Chicago
1,212 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by gambee
Money Shot!!!
I was just thinking the same thing, Gambee!! I know people must be really excited by the time they get to the top of the Dragons Breath Zipline and I hardly ever see pictures taken from up there.

Great photos, Mr F/S! Looks like you're having the best weather and a great cruise.
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by lyndamr
If you can....please ask Andy to find out if they have gluten free pizza. Im sure he like to get into a pie himself lol
There is Gluten Pizza available. I was just advised as long as pizza place is open there is gluten free pizza. :-)

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by jahannah
Loving the review so far. Great pictures!

A quick question: How did they handle the drinks package with 150 CP? I was wondering how the new $12/glass policy would work in coordination with the tasting menu. My assumption is that it would not necessarily apply. Thanks and enjoy!
My captain Morgan and coke worked with package. Since the new package have not gone into affect on this ship I'm really not sure. Any crew member I've talked to about new packages don't seem to know about it.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Florida
9,388 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Thank you so very much for checking, that be my 1am snackie time. I so happy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Oasis of the Seas, April 15, 2018
Oasis of the Seas, October 2017
Harmony of the Seas, May 2017
NCL Getaway, May 2016
Carnival Magic, April 2016
Carnival Fascination, December 2015
Oasis of the Seas, October 2015
Carnival Valor, May 2015
Regal Princess, September 2014
Allure of the Seas, 5-11/2014
Carnival Fascination, April 2014
Allure of the Seas, October 2013
NCL Breakaway, June 2013
Carnival Fascination, May 2013
Freedom of the Seas, October 2012
Carnival Dream, May 2012
Monarch of the Seas, Decembher 2012
Freedom of the Seas, July 2011
Liberty of the Seas, May 2011
Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada
578 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
My amazing meal at 150 Central Park

Six Course menu. This was one of three that was part of my Central Park Dining Package for $70.00. Was less buying before the cruise.

Yummy bread with butter and six salts to choose from. Was really good.

Florida Lobster salad. This was so good. Wish I had had more in my serving.

My atmosphere

Cauliflower Soup. This too was very good.

Love your review, it is great.

Can you tell me if one can purchase Central Park Dining Package on line before the cruise? If so, how to do it?

Thanks.

Ricky
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by Ricky Chan
Love your review, it is great.

Can you tell me if one can purchase Central Park Dining Package on line before the cruise? If so, how to do it?

Thanks.

Ricky
Sure can. I purchased it a couple months before the cruise. Just log into your account on RCL and access your reservation and then go under specialty restaurants. You'll see all the packages there. You save $ 10-15 than if you buy that package on board. That is also the same place to pre-purchase the prohibition party.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Lynchburg, VA
5,255 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Humor wise there is no way I can live up to Maureencruiser's wonderful review with great humor, her report is located HERE, but I'll do my best to make you chuckle :-)

Thanks for the shout-out! I never had one before!

So this morning I got out of the shower and found this Bendyman on my bed. How'd this orphaned Bendyman get into my room?
Don't worry about it, I often wake up and find strange men in my bed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My MSC Seaside review https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2621564
Florida
3,649 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
It's the end of another super day here on the Allure of the Seas. Shout out to my room steward James "007" for being top notch, always friendly and if he's in the hall and sees me walking to my room he opens the door.

Tonight after my 2nd dinner I made my way to tonight's production show. I had 10:30 reservations and decided to actually go. Tonight Mosaic were the presenters and they did an outstanding job. Believe they just boarded the ship today in Jamaica. After the show I walked around a bit and went to the casino and got a drink before a nice walk up on the upper deck.

It's such a beautiful night.

The crew getting the decks ready for our sea day tomorrow.

Quiet around the upper decks late night.

A poster asked awhile back about the toiletries in my room. I'm not sure if its common for them to automatically be out with the boardwalk balconies but they were with my room. This sign though was in a cubby. So my guess is maybe no?? Maybe it depends on C&A level? Not sure.

When I returned to my cabin tonight after a fun filled day off the ship and then a fun filled evening on the ship, this is what I walked in on.

My TV in the room was on. It appears tonight's towel animal and Monday nights towel animal were watching some movies with Andy.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises

Past "Live" Trip Reports

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises:

Lynchburg, VA
5,255 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by Cruzin-K
You stopped for a DRINK, when Andy could be passed out and about to get run over by a cabin steward's cart, or worse, stepped on by an over-sized cartoon character? Bad friend
I completely disagree. From my experience with Andy, I have learned the first thing to do when he is missing is check EVERY bar on the ship!

Originally posted by #1TravelMom
Another random question - you may or may not be able to answer. There are character appearances - some labeled "professional" and others labeled "bring your camera". I'm interested in knowing if they allow photos with personal cameras at the "professional" appearances.
Yes, you give your camera to the person running the photo-op, they take your pic then the ships photog does.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My MSC Seaside review https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2621564