Dining Times

twh2006

Yes your dining time can be changed .I don't know your sail date but perhaps give Carnival a call with your request . Or wait until you board and see the Mitra D . I would choose any time dinning , leaves you more leisure time for other options such as the shows and such.

The one time we were waitlisted, we found we had been assigned to late dining upon checkin. We went to the maitre'd station and asked if we could be switched. Our requested YTD was full, but he was able to get us a table for early dining as long as we were willing to share a booth with another couple. It turned out to be fine. The other couple was pleasant & we enjoyed sharing our adventures over dinner.

I have a spin-off question. BoDidly says that ATD gives more leisure time for shows. Does this mean that the early or late seatings won't correspond well with shows?

We have 6 pm early seating and are wondering if we'll be able to make a 7:30 show (I took a peak at an old Fun Times). The later show time is just too late for my kids.

I have a spin-off question. BoDidly says that ATD gives more leisure time for shows. Does this mean that the early or late seatings won't correspond well with shows?

We have 6 pm early seating and are wondering if we'll be able to make a 7:30 show (I took a peak at an old Fun Times). The later show time is just too late for my kids.

If you're concerned about being able to make it to a show at a specific time (7:30 in this case), you have one of three options. YTD (Your Time Dining), Second seating, or the buffet.

I don't understand YTD fully booked. Has anyone ever seen a completely full DR. We have not, always empty tables. A reservation system on the Hubb App for YTD would greatly improve their seating, probably could throw away the pagers.

What we have found on all the different cruise line ships, is if you have an open dining plan, you can make reservations, Day to Day, that work into your schedule. Depending on the cruise line, you might be able to make reservations the night before.

What we have found on all the different cruise line ships, is if you have an open dining plan, you can make reservations, Day to Day, that work into your schedule. Depending on the cruise line, you might be able to make reservations the night before.

I think that is your time dining, except that you just go when you are ready. No reservations needed.

No reservations are accepted on Carnival for YTD

If there's a 7:30 a show and a later show, that 7:30 show is probably geared toward late seating guests, to watch the show right before their dinner seating. Nothing stopping you from going as an early seating guest though.

A 7:30 show after early seating dinner is possible, but having kids may make it more difficult. Your chances improve if you are willing to skip dessert.

I also suggest making sure to be on time that night. Once a wait team gets in an operating rhythm for the night (i.e., table A, then table B, then table C), they tend to work in that same order for the whole seating, from taking orders to dropping dessert. If your table isn't on time, you're almost guaranteed to be the last table in that order while the wait team waits for stragglers, in which case you're much less likely to make a 7:30 show.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Except that you can't make reservations for YTD/ATD on Carnival.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app