MSC Seaside, Whirlpool Suite category SJ3.

Steveanaruss

We have been booked for a while and I noticed today at one of the SJ3 suites opened up. Sailing on March 10, 2018. We decided to splurge a little because they matched my Marriott loyalty and I am a black card member, and the price wasn't too much higher than what we paid for a Aurea Balcony. I have found a little information online about the suite, mainly the drawing of the layout, but no real photos. I am hoping that someone on here will be able to post some photos from their upcoming cruise :)

This is our first trip on MSC and we have been following Capt Scala on social media. His videos of the ship have been wonderful.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife an I were originally sailing on the 11/10/18 cruise with an aft Aurea Suite. We had to change our cruise plans, and book another date. For those of you considering the whirlpool SJ3 suites there appears to be a real deal on them now where you can get them for less than the S3 Aurea suites on multiple sailings. We jumped all over that if not for the whirlpool but for the extra cabin space and especially the walk-in closet.

There's a video of one of the whirlpool suites at

I think the best feature is probably the walk-in closet. It's great that the room is more spacious than a standard balcony cabin, too. Also, there are a lot of perks for being in the Aurea category... such as free spa treatments and a drink package.

The main reason I booked this suite is the whirlpool on the balcony, but based on the photos and videos I've seen, I think we might be a little disappointed with it as it appears to be too small to comfortable hold two people at the same time. We'll see, though. We had a whirlpool on the balcony of our suite on Norwegian Sky a few months ago and I thought it was going to be too small for two people... but we made it work. I definitely plan on posting pictures of our whirlpool with someone actually in it so that people can better visualize how big (or not big) it actually is. The photos and videos of it empty make it difficult to judge the actual size.

I definitely plan on posting pictures of our whirlpool with someone actually in it so that people can better visualize how big (or not big) it actually is. The photos and videos of it empty make it difficult to judge the actual size.

85c7653b858821ab55261fe842aedd07.jpg

I don't know how tall he is....but I doubt that any NBA team would need him.

There's a video of one of the whirlpool suites at

I think the best feature is probably the walk-in closet. It's great that the room is more spacious than a standard balcony cabin, too. Also, there are a lot of perks for being in the Aurea category... such as free spa treatments and a drink package.

The main reason I booked this suite is the whirlpool on the balcony, but based on the photos and videos I've seen, I think we might be a little disappointed with it as it appears to be too small to comfortable hold two people at the same time. We'll see, though. We had a whirlpool on the balcony of our suite on Norwegian Sky a few months ago and I thought it was going to be too small for two people... but we made it work. I definitely plan on posting pictures of our whirlpool with someone actually in it so that people can better visualize how big (or not big) it actually is. The photos and videos of it empty make it difficult to judge the actual size.

The tighter for 2 the better.

• 4 weeks later...

Have there been any reviews of these cabins concerning the wind on the balcony while using the whirlpool? Has there been any comparison of the cabins at the front of the ship vs. the rear? There were also concerns about the size of the whirlpool. I've seen general reviews of the cabin (love the walk-in closet), but nothing mentions the actual use of the whirlpool. If I've missed this in another thread, please provide the link. We have one of these cabins booked for next December. Even if the whirlpool isn't useable we'll keep the cabin as it was actually cheaper than a regular Aurea Balcony.

Jim Zimmerlin (Spaniel Lover) posted a travel video with a sneak peek of two people in the tub right at the end of the video. Earlier in the video he notes how short his wife is, but they both do fit. He will be getting off tomorrow and stated he will be producing a very detailed cabin review in a few days.