Soda drink package - does it ever go on sale?

The price of $8.50 per day as shown on the Cruise Planner, is, I guess, a sale price as last July when we were onboard the Allure, and my son and his family decided to get the soda package, it was $9.50 a day. Both, of course, are plus 18% gratuity.

I never realized it was higher when onboard, although, in hindsight, I should have, as the Refreshment and Alcohol packages are less expensive if purchased before boarding than onboard.

perhaps you are already aware .... BUT

prices for these packages are managed ship by ship and cruise to cruise. You should NOT look for a 'fleet wide announcement' .....

Sad to say you need to log in and check the details for YOUR cruise, every day .... the one good thing here (unless RCL has changed and screwed it up)::

When you see a price you like, buy ....

BUT continue checking .....

IF the price goes down you can CANCEL your earlier purchase and re-buy (up to 2 weeks b4 or something like that....)

but most important IMO is knowing you must check YOUR trip ...........

works this way for 'delux' aka booze pkg anyway ......

they begin to discount the booze pkg when the computers say the 'pre purchase' is less than expected ...... in the same way that they only offer drink cards on the ships after the cruise is half over and the booze buying is less that the models predicted

perhaps you are already aware .... BUT

prices for these packages are managed ship by ship and cruise to cruise. You should NOT look for a 'fleet wide announcement' .....

Sad to say you need to log in and check the details for YOUR cruise, every day .... the one good thing here (unless RCL has changed and screwed it up)::

When you see a price you like, buy ....

BUT continue checking .....

IF the price goes down you can CANCEL your earlier purchase and re-buy (up to 2 weeks b4 or something like that....)

but most important IMO is knowing you must check YOUR trip ...........

works this way for 'delux' aka booze pkg anyway ......

Yes, but not the soda package.

I was going to add that the soda package IS more stable ....

but IMO IS worth watching

I'm assuming you are NOT saying the soda pkg CAN NOT CHANGE

+++++++++++++++++

editorial: half way thru our OASIS Nov cruise, the Freestyle machines had few choices left available. FEW Stayed that way thru the rest of the trip.

Of course with a package, you could go to any bar and get soda there ......

We have been getting emails for our upcoming July cruise for 25% and 30% of everything, Drink packages,Inet,Excursions etc. I purchased the Soda + Voom for 1 device and an excursion and planning on booking another excursion and it will be with a % off as well.

I’ve never seen it go on sale, but before they raised the prices 3 years ago, it was $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for kids. Who knows when the next increase will be, but I’d be willing to bet it becomes $10.50. Don’t bother waiting for a sale on the soda only package. It has never happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

May not really be a sale but we just booked for May 2019 on Harmony and the boardwalk balcony room included the following:

Boardwalk View Balcony

Enjoy DINE • DRINK • DISCOVER exclusive amenities available only to Boardwalk guests including a complimentary meal for four at Johnny Rockets®, soda packages for two and a rock climbing session for the whole family.

May not really be a sale but we just booked for May 2019 on Harmony and the boardwalk balcony room included the following:

Boardwalk View Balcony

Enjoy DINE • DRINK • DISCOVER exclusive amenities available only to Boardwalk guests including a complimentary meal for four at Johnny Rockets®, soda packages for two and a rock climbing session for the whole family.

No, that's not a sale. It's a promotion for that cabin category that has existed for several years.

Thank you all so much for your replies. I will go ahead and purchase the soda package for the kids now, if the price goes down then I'll cancel but at least for now I know it's $8.50/day. :)