BVE on Princess.....What’s Princess doing?

trbarton

I just finished the BVE on the Grand today. What’s up with Princess? I’ve done many, BVE’s before, TOO many to count. We use to be able to stay until 3 pm then they shortened it to 2:30 pm & now today we had to be off by 2 pm. Not enough time to really enjoy yourself.

What’s the problem with Princess? You do one to relax for part of a day & have an excellent lunch. Was a great price for $39 but now I wonder🤔.

Tom🤔

I did a BVE yesterday on the Regal. It was the 5th time for us. Always wonderful even with crummy weather. Used to be disembark by 3 PM in paperwork said 4 PM which surprised me. There was a delay getting my FCC posted. That had me concerned but it finally posted. Still a wonderful time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

If the ship is departing at 4 PM rather than 5, they shorten the time you can be on board. Last time we brought someone, they also had to be off at 2;30 but the ship was departing at 4:00.

Thanks...I hadn’t thought of the ship departure times.

Tom😀

I did a BVE yesterday on the Regal. It was the 5th time for us. Always wonderful even with crummy weather. Used to be disembark by 3 PM in paperwork said 4 PM which surprised me. There was a delay getting my FCC posted. That had me concerned but it finally posted. Still a wonderful time.

So when did you get off? :confused:

I just finished the BVE on the Grand today. What’s up with Princess? I’ve done many, BVE’s before, TOO many to count. We use to be able to stay until 3 pm then they shortened it to 2:30 pm & now today we had to be off by 2 pm. Not enough time to really enjoy yourself.

What’s the problem with Princess? You do one to relax for part of a day & have an excellent lunch. Was a great price for $39 but now I wonder.

Tom

Thats too bad that you were shortchanged like that.

If thats the way it will be done on all BVE's then I won't do them anymore.

Its short enough as it is.......

Not worth the hassle for 3 hours.

Thanks...I hadn’t thought of the ship departure times.

Tom😀

We were on it too. Ship didn't depart until 5 p.m. because of Fleet Week. There was no reason that we had to get off that early. We were on it for Fleet Week last year, and didn't have to disembark until 4 p.m. I believe this will be our last BVE. We were also supposed to get a photo-it was never printed. We were told someone else picked it up. Not true...

What’s the problem with Princess? You do one to relax for part of a day & have an excellent lunch. Was a great price for $39 but now I wonder🤔.

Tom🤔

Noticed the same thing on the Grand last December. We had family join us for a BVE (since we wouldn't be home for Christmas) and we were surprised that the departure time was 2:30 for them. It felt short, but we were booking a cruise so, it let them get their FCD, and put the BVE $39 to good use. :)

It's funny how much an extra 30 minutes feel like they make a difference. :)

I had not thought about the departure time being the issue, but that makes sense. If a 5 PM departure you get to stay until 3 and a 4 PM departure you get to stay until 2:30.

So when did you get off? :confused:

We left at 2 pm as we’re instructed. The ship left at 4 pm so that may be why the earlier departure. I’m considering doing another one on the Ruby when it’s in port as it’s in San Francisco until 11 pm so maybe we don’t have to rush off the ship. I did question the FCC about the earlier departure but he wasn’t very helpful.

Tom😎

We left at 2 pm as we’re instructed. The ship left at 4 pm so that may be why the earlier departure. I’m considering doing another one on the Ruby when it’s in port as it’s in San Francisco until 11 pm so maybe we don’t have to rush off the ship. I did question the FCC about the earlier departure but he wasn’t very helpful.

Tom😎

We were with Daisy00 doing the BVE yesterday, we stayed on the ship until an announcement was made for the BVE passengers to disembark. The announcement was made at 3:00pm (muster was at 4:30pm for a 5:00pm sail away), just before the Blue Angels show. It was disappointing that we didn't get to see the Blue Angels from the ship and we didn't get our picture. We won't do a BVE for fleet week again.

I don't think you can do a BVE on the Ruby as the ship is in port as a part of their itinerary rather than an embarkation port.

We were with Daisy00 doing the BVE yesterday, we stayed on the ship until an announcement was made for the BVE passengers to disembark. The announcement was made at 3:00pm (muster was at 4:30pm for a 5:00pm sail away), just before the Blue Angels show. It was disappointing that we didn't get to see the Blue Angels from the ship and we didn't get our picture. We won't do a BVE for fleet week again.

I don't think you can do a BVE on the Ruby as the ship is in port as a part of their itinerary rather than an embarkation port.

Earlier this year I had a cousin visiting & I called Princess & was able to do a BVE on the Coral that was in port for the day. Interesting layout of that ship as it was built in France 🇫🇷.

Tom😎