RIP Crooners

antsp

I would take a new restaurant over Crooners any day. I guess I've had my fill of Crooners and crazy bored with the old Sabatini's and Crown Grill. We've been through the insane piano singers. Some ok, some out of their minds (literally) and some only appealing if you're over 100 years old.

Well I guess you hadn't realized that Princess already had done so on the Majestic.

And I would be the farm that the Sky deck plans published today are simply the Majestic deck plans copied over. And that there are still open decisions on which public venues will be carried over to Sky from Royal/Regal versus those from Majestic.

So anything on Decks 5 thru 7, and Deck 16 and above, on the tentative Sky layout that matches Majestic rather than matches Royal/Regal I would suggest ignoring for now.

That was exactly my thought!

Crooners is a bar and I think Princess makes more revenue per inch from a bar than they do from a restaurant so that's another reason .

Hope they keep the covered pool, though.

Add us to the list of those who LOVE Crooners! :hearteyes:

My DW and I loved to sit and have a couple of Martinis. The problem, there are always people just sitting, and not drinking. So it was always hard to get a seat. Our next cruise this spring will probably be our last, we decided to by an RV and travel the Country. We will elite after that cruise. We will miss Princess and cruising.

we generally find the best bartender and great service by all staff at CRONNERS would really miss it for our before dinner cocktail and always the best martini + special olives if you know to ask for them

For the most part I'd agree with you. But the bartender in Crooners on my last cruise had a real problem with my Kaluha and cream drink I ordered. It came with lumps of cream (as in curdled). The server put it down and took off before I noticed it. I took the drink up to the server (who was back at the bar by then) and asked if that was normal to have lumps in the drink. She said it was because of the ice, it caused the cream to get lumpy. She gave the drink back to the bartender and told him to shake it up and pour it over new ice.

Still had lumps in it. And the drink was no longer layered, just foamy (and lumpy).

I don't think it's supposed to have lumps.

On our last cruise the best bartenders were Chris and Darshawn in Wheelhouse. Period. :D

The first part of the cruise we avoided Crooner's because we really didn't like the performer. After Hawaii there was a different person (Nano Prado) who was much better and who packed the place every night. We did hang out there for a while a number of nights. My wife loved the Raspberry Martini. Oddly enough I thought I got better Chairman of the Board Martini in Wheelhouse. I gave both venues a number of chances with that drink (as well as Skywalker's and Club Fusion) and Wheelhouse made the best one.

On other cruises we have spent time in Crooners when there was a good performer such as Ray Coussins but on some other cruises we avoided it like the plague because we really didn't like the performer at all. Of course during the day it's always been a decent place to read and maybe have a drink while doing so. :)