RIP Crooners

antsp

Well I guess you hadn't realized that Princess already had done so on the Majestic.

And I would be the farm that the Sky deck plans published today are simply the Majestic deck plans copied over. And that there are still open decisions on which public venues will be carried over to Sky from Royal/Regal versus those from Majestic.

So anything on Decks 5 thru 7, and Deck 16 and above, on the tentative Sky layout that matches Majestic rather than matches Royal/Regal I would suggest ignoring for now.

Although I didn't like the crooners bar I am sorry to see more greed to dip into my wallet. It appears that cruising will soon mirror a hotel with only a room included and everything else a paid venue. Of course they can't insist that check in happen at 3 PM and check out by 11 AM !

Well I guess you hadn't realized that Princess already had done so on the Majestic.

And I would be the farm that the Sky deck plans published today are simply the Majestic deck plans copied over. And that there are still open decisions on which public venues will be carried over to Sky from Royal/Regal versus those from Majestic.

So anything on Decks 5 thru 7, and Deck 16 and above, on the tentative Sky layout that matches Majestic rather than matches Royal/Regal I would suggest ignoring for now.

The Majestic is irrelevant to the western market, so i dont even consider her a genuine Princess ship

The majestic was purposefully built for the Asian market. I would seem that the Asians are not all that much for a piano bar (aka crooners) but rather love karaoke. Here at home we have a large Asian population and have been invited to their homes. They all have karaoke machines and use them. Whether that is indicative of all Asians, I don't know. It appears as though the sky princess is being built for the north american/european market and I would hope that a piano bar is included. I did see that the seaview bar has been moved to the center of lido deck by the pool and it looks like the seaview on both sides has been replaced with regular decking.

Now is the time to tell Princess that the ship MUST have crooners. I hope this is not another fiasco like the missing midship stairs requiring a retrofit.

The majestic was purposefully built for the Asian market. I would seem that the Asians are not all that much for a piano bar (aka crooners) but rather love karaoke. Here at home we have a large Asian population and have been invited to their homes. They all have karaoke machines and use them. Whether that is indicative of all Asians, I don't know. It appears as though the sky princess is being built for the north american/european market and I would hope that a piano bar is included. I did see that the seaview bar has been moved to the center of lido deck by the pool and it looks like the seaview on both sides has been replaced with regular decking.

Now is the time to tell Princess that the ship MUST have crooners. I hope this is not another fiasco like the missing midship stairs requiring a retrofit.

A

And a Explorers Lounge

We haven't really found Crooner's to be too much fun. It just seems like a place to sit all night and drink. There has always been plenty of places to drink and have a better time when we have been on a Princess Ship.

While we, on the other hand, have enjoyed the entertainment in Crooner's every cruise (pretty much every night).

"Fun" is in the eye of the beholder.

Crooners had turned into a bad karaoke bar on our last cruise in Nov on the Crown - Kory

we ended up just going back to Vines - couldn't take over 20 minutes or so of Kory, sorry

Could not agree with you more. Kory was on our cruise last year - a total waste of space. We like Crooners but avoided it when Kory was there. Hope he is not on the Crown next April 28 Med cruise.