Contrary to what the boards prepared me for... :)

jwattle

I was surprised they commented that extra food was a treat, since they have been on other cruises. I could understand if this were their first ever cruise.

Not to put words in OP's mouth, but I think this comment meant that their experience was different from what they had read in another negative thread here on Cruise Critic, not from their past experience. In fact, if you look back you'll see negative posts about every item on their list.

CC is by far the best on-line place to find answers to your cruise questions (IMHO), but we still have to realize each person's opinion and experience is different.:halo:

Not to put words in OP's mouth, but I think this comment meant that their experience was different from what they had read in another negative thread here on Cruise Critic, not from their past experience. In fact, if you look back you'll see negative posts about every item on their list.

CC is by far the best on-line place to find answers to your cruise questions (IMHO), but we still have to realize each person's opinion and experience is different.:halo:

Totally agree with you, I've read Cruise Critic daily for the past few years. The posters have been incredibly helpful! I just finished booking my first Princess Cruise, so I will be reading this board daily until we sail on the Ruby 18 May 2019. I want to make sure we take advantage of everything Princess has to offer. I already used advice here to pick my cabin.:)

I figured that was it, I've just never heard it called mains. I was surprised they commented that extra food was a treat, since they have been on other cruises. I could understand if this were their first ever cruise.

I'm a foodie and my favorite thing about cruising is in the main dining rooms you can always get as many different or several of the same servings of every item on the menus. I usually have at least 2 different appetizers, 3 or 4 entrees and 2 desserts. On lobster or scallop night, I order four portions. Also, if you find a particular meal you really enjoy early in your cruise, I have been able to have them prepare it again later in the cruise. This is pretty standard on all major cruise lines in my experience and there are no extra fees for the primary foods in the main dining rooms. This the main reason I never pay extra to eat in the up-charge specialty restaurants.

Also, I don't waste food, I clear my plates. I'm very fortunate my eating does not reflect my size.

See below quote :D

You are correct!! I was taking aim at all of the posts that would have someone thinking that Princess denies you butter, shames you for the very idea of a shared or second entree, has wafer thin mattresses, rock hard pillows, towels that will cut your skin and are full of holes, and service that is non-existent.

:halo::halo:

YMMV, ours was incredible!

The Grand will see us back for March / April 2019, Mexican Riviera, California Coastal, Hawaii

:hearteyes::hearteyes:

Totally agree with you, I've read Cruise Critic daily for the past few years. The posters have been incredibly helpful! I just finished booking my first Princess Cruise, so I will be reading this board daily until we sail on the Ruby 18 May 2019. I want to make sure we take advantage of everything Princess has to offer. I already used advice here to pick my cabin.:)

Keep reading the board as it is good information and either create or join the roll call for your cruise at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=481