Dining Tapa style ??

Littleribbie

Hi...this is concerning GLORY but maybe its the same with other Carnival ships. Main Dining Room Question: Just watched a few recent YouTube videos: Travel Bloggers: Anyway, they say that Carnival does allow you to still order what ever you like from the menu (NOT just 1 app,1 salad,1 entrée, 1dessert)….it was mentioned that you can order smaller portions (appetizer size) of EVERYTHING, including entrees. We own a catering co. and are foodies so we love to try everything and this appears to be a nice way to do just that.... reflecting our trip to Spain and getting to enjoy a variety of "tapas" or small bites. We are not wasteful (although I seem to always be "waist-full" ) and certainly hate when I see food being thrown away and people piling stuff on their buffet plates and only eat a small portion. Years ago I know cruise waiters would always want you to order several entrees and were bringing food left and right...I understand this is no longer the case but has anyone ever asked for smaller portions of several entrees? I never thought to do this with our last cruise (NCL) as I hate to make more work for the chefs but there were so many things I wanted to try but didn't want to feel like I was taking advantage of the cruise line. Thoughts? I know this makes more work for the waiters and always give them extra gratuity ...but...I want to try ALL the food.

I think what they are referring to is there are some entree courses which always are available as a starter. I personally know the pasta entree is one such offering available in a starter portion. I have never heard this option is available to most or all of the other entrees, e.g. they don't serve a mini flat iron steak or 1/3 third portion of the salmon or chicken from the grill that are always available.

They won’t stop you from ordering one of everything off the menu. Since items are preplated just accept that some will not be eaten. Food waste gets ground up and becomes fish food.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We order multiples of appetizer, soup, salad, and if there are some we have had to skip, we have been known to order them for dessert...Generally we don't care for the desserts, anyway. The cold fruit soups are good for dessert. EM

I think what they are referring to is there are some entree courses which always are available as a starter. I personally know the pasta entree is one such offering available in a starter portion. I have never heard this option is available to most or all of the other entrees, e.g. they don't serve a mini flat iron steak or 1/3 third portion of the salmon or chicken from the grill that are always available.

Yes, I totally understand they would never ruin a 14 oz steak because someone wants to " just try a small one "...i understand the same for portioned items ...i would never expect that and would never ask. Thinking more of just the pasta dishes. Thank you for your info...much appreciated

When there's not an entree that I'm really interested in, some nights I'll a make meal out of 4-5 appetizers, soups, salads, and/or the appetizer size pasta.

Thank you, I love ordering appetizers only...and do it often. I think this is the way I should go. Thank you for taking the time.