Chair savers!!!

I want to hear from those people who do get up at 6 am to put your towel on a chair by the pool and save it. Why do you do this?? I have to know...

I can't imagine getting up at 6 am on vacation, esp for a chair......that chair better have money and a DOD already there to get me out of bed

I want to hear from those people who do get up at 6 am to put your towel on a chair by the pool and save it. Why do you do this?? I have to know...

I would say most of them are not on these boards otherwise they would not do that...:rolleyes:

I'm also anxiously awaiting their reasons for getting up at the crack of dawn to throw a towel, book, flip-flop on a lounge chair(s), going for breakfast, maybe back to the room to change, gathering family members who decide they don't want to sit out and never returning to retrieve whatever item they threw on a chair in the first place. The cruise lines need to come up with a better solution to this problem before someone really gets hurt...I've witnessed many out and out fights over lounge chairs.

and I get up @ 6:15 and go for a sunrise walk and "relocate" said items.:rolleyes:

That's actually a great idea! I'm a very early riser and love walking to the Lido deck for coffee while everyone else is still asleep. I could do just a wee bit of "stuff shuffling" to see what happens. Hmmmmmmmmmm.... :D

On my upcoming cruise I plan to relocate those items that are taking up space. Hope I don't have any confrontations :rolleyes:

I had two on the Liberty last week. The most memorable was the woman who had 14 chairs at the very edge of the pool "reserved". She had one towel wrapped around 2 chair arms of all of the chairs. I plunked down in one, as my 2 DS's were in the pool, shoved her towel into the other and laid back. Mind u, the giant screen above us had JUST prompted a reminder that deck chair "saving" was prohibited. That lady came over and tried to argue. I flat out told her I wasn't moving, what she did was again policy and that I had been warned about people like her. Only 4 other people from her party showed up and they all complained loudly to each other about how "some people have no class". I popped my earbuds in, turned up my Ipod, ordered another Mimosa and was very happy she got up at 6:30 to save me a seat :-):cool:

On my upcoming cruise I plan to relocate those items that are taking up space. Hope I don't have any confrontations :rolleyes:

I had two on the Liberty last week. The most memorable was the woman who had 14 chairs at the very edge of the pool "reserved". She had one towel wrapped around 2 chair arms of all of the chairs. I plunked down in one, as my 2 DS's were in the pool, shoved her towel into the other and laid back. Mind u, the giant screen above us had JUST prompted a reminder that deck chair "saving" was prohibited. That lady came over and tried to argue. I flat out told her I wasn't moving, what she did was again policy and that I had been warned about people like her. Only 4 other people from her party showed up and they all complained loudly to each other about how "some people have no class". I popped my earbuds in, turned up my Ipod, ordered another Mimosa and was very happy she got up at 6:30 to save me a seat :-):cool:

I have never, ever had trouble finding a chair. Ever.. If you stroll your hungover arse out there at 11:00 a.m. expecting a poolside seat waiting for you, forget about it. But go up a deck and there are chairs everywhere. I'm not condoning saving chairs, but if it's that important to get one right next to the pool, you do got to get up early.

I sell Carnival beach towels to locals in each of the ports. I collect my stock by walking around the ship at 7am and picking up the unattended towels :)

Only kidding :D or am I?

Haha.... very good.... I like it!

They all develop the mentality "if they can do it then so can I"

This is my first cruise with a child and I've never made a big deal about chair hogs before. But because we want to see our son at the pool from a chair I am willing to risk confrontation if I need to move stuff. I will not move stuff if the people are there or gone for 15-20min but if there not there for an hour stuff is getting moved.

We get to take home so many towels that were left behind:rolleyes:, and thank the chog's(chair hogs) for leaving 1 sandal as I can only wear 1 piece of footwear due to medical reasons-note to chog's-kindly leave the left foot one please:cool:

I get up at 6:00 am - I like that time of morning. I save a chair for myself and my DH...........I don't get up just because I want a chair, I am an early riser - the ship is nice and quiet. Mind you my DH is up and in his chair before other chairs are taken, so why would it bother you that we want to sit next to each other? FYI - we are also out there the entire day, we leave the seats to go and grab lunch - should you touch my stuff then, or should we not be allowed to go and get lunch together

Why would it bother any of you that I get up so early, go for a cup of coffee and read my book?

Why is it that some people think that two wrongs make a right, touching (oh sorry, relocating) someone Else's items is wrong.........regardless

I get up at 6:00 am - I like that time of morning. I save a chair for myself and my DH...........I don't get up just because I want a chair, I am an early riser - the ship is nice and quiet. Mind you my DH is up and in his chair before other chairs are taken, so why would it bother you that we want to sit next to each other? FYI - we are also out there the entire day, we leave the seats to go and grab lunch - should you touch my stuff then, or should we not be allowed to go and get lunch together

Why would it bother any of you that I get up so early, go for a cup of coffee and read my book?

Why is it that some people think that two wrongs make a right, touching (oh sorry, relocating) someone Else's items is wrong.........regardless

What you are doing is not wrong. If you are gone for a long extended time(subjective) usually 1hour+ for me then your stuff should be moved.

I am also an early riser and do grab a couple of chairs in the morning while reading. If my DH and I both go to lunch at the same time we do not leave our towels etc.... to save our chairs because we know it takes us longer than 30 minutes to have lunch.

I am also an early riser and do grab a couple of chairs in the morning while reading. If my DH and I both go to lunch at the same time we do not leave our towels etc.... to save our chairs because we know it takes us longer than 30 minutes to have lunch.

So you give up your chairs that you have been in for hours, to go and have lunch for 45 minutes; we get our lunch from the Lido and come back with it. That is crazy (JMO)

Just remember since saving chairs is not allowed another cruiser FORGOT those items left on the chairs.

You are doing them a favor by gathering their belongings and turning them into lost and found. :D

I ♥ the way you think! Too bad we don't have "rep" here!

Archived