Meet & Greet on Day 1 .. TIME ???

Bran8778

What time after dinner on the day we set sail would be good for a meet & greet
Does everyone on your roll call have the same dining time? :confused:

We've always found M&Gs on embarkation day to be problematic. Better to reschedule for the next day.

I too found that meet and greets the first day many people didnt show up.

people are travel weary. travel excited. they want to unpack and then get ready for dinner, relax. etc.

heading some where for an hour to meet strangers is not high on the list.

shoot for the first sea day.

Ours i the first sea day at 2pm.

gives people a chance to calm down- plenty of time for dinner. Does not conflict with Tea time

Based on many reviews Day 1 Dinner is always SLOW, so bank on 1.5 hours for dinner - that would make it almost 10.00pm. Also, many of the guests could have travelled far that day so may want to eat and get to bed.

Another option for a mini-M&G might be in that 1.5 hours just before muster drill. We did ours at that time on the Spirit in April, and then had the pre-paid cocktail party on day 2.

Based on past experience, a formal Meet & Greet on embarkation day doesn't work out so good. On our last cruise, although I had established a time and place for everyone to meet, it was a total bust. No one showed up. Too much going on, with the sail-away, different dining times, etc. serene56 is right on the money about this. Although we may have some sort of informal M&G on embarkation day, the majority of people on our roll call have agreed that our first "at-sea" day will be best for having a formal Meet & Greet, with beverages and snacks. Now if I can just figure out a way to convince the CD to pop out of a cake for us.:rolleyes::D

Most of ours meet up for a informal M&G before Muster at the aft bar, nothing fancy, just everyone meeting, having a drink and saying Hi there!!!

Usually wear a color or beads to ID each other.

Then often a real M&G the first sea day.

We had a formal meet and greet with a 2 hour open bar. Our meet and greet was 5:00 to 7:00 pm on embarkation day. It worked out fine for everyone who attended our party

must have a minimum of 20 people.

I know one hour is 11.50 per person.

but boy that is a weird time 5-7 cuts into early dining for some.

We had our Meet and Greet on the 1st Sea Day (day after embarkation day). We found that embarkation day was WAY too busy for everyone between getting settled, muster drill, different dinner times, etc.

If embarkation day is the only day available, your best bet would probably be to have it either before the muster drill or late at night when everyone is done with dinner.

Between Sailaway, unpacking luggage, exploring the ship, getting ready for dinner and welcome aboard show. Not much time for M&G

If there was a M&G on embarkation day we defiantly wouldnt make it.

Archived