Medallions

CruiseWhere

Normally, yes.

Unless there is some screw-up in the records, you should receive them at the special reception prior to the Mariners' Luncheon of the cruise in which you reach the new target. The Front Office normally will contact you in advance to confirm your total.

You could make sure by checking with the Front Desk early in the cruise.

Quick question....if you complete your 100, 300 or 500 actual sailing days while on board during your cruise are you presented with them then or on your next cruise?

I checked our eligibility with the front desk, just to make sure we were being counted... got an invite at the mariner pre lunch and presented with the medal...... We almost missed getting it, because of the pronounciation of our names, didn't recognize it!! We were presented with the medal and then had our picture taken with the captain and the HM, then off to the mariner luncheon!! (don't know if they would've overlooked us otherwise.)

Next cruise.

Hi Bruce,

I think you mean that if you reach a 'qualifying' at a certain Mariner Days you will reach for next step for 'awards'... like perks iin the NEXT cruise, not this one.

If you reach a Mariner like 500 days... yes, the medalion will be presented DURING this cruise. It feels better!!! :)

Stephen

Next cruise.

Same cruise. Because of the timing of the Mariner Brunch we got our bronze medallions at 93 actual days.

But "star level" perks don't change until the next cruise unless you are on the GWV.

Edited by jtl513

Thank you EVERYONE!

We will be reaching our 100 days, 8 days into our 15 day cruise. I guess we'll just have to wait and see:)

Thanks to this post I checked my actual days and we should hit 100 on our next cruise as well - I will check with the front desk.

Thanks

DaveOKC

. . . at the front desk. We didn't receive our 100 day medallion on the qualifying cruise, then not on the next one either. That made us go immediately to the front desk to ask "Why not?" They said it should have happened previously, but gave us the medallions the next day. However, no pictures of them being placed over our heads . . . just 2 boxes left in the cabin.

The benefits are the same, but the glamor was missing.

. . . at the front desk. We didn't receive our 100 day medallion on the qualifying cruise, then not on the next one either. That made us go immediately to the front desk to ask "Why not?" They said it should have happened previously, but gave us the medallions the next day. However, no pictures of them being placed over our heads . . . just 2 boxes left in the cabin.

The benefits are the same, but the glamor was missing.

When I went to the front desk to be sure we were being counted for the medallion, they said they would need to check with the mariner's club, and to check back later that day, which I did, and they confirmed that we would be getting our medallions that cruse... It was nice to get them at the mariners get together, and have a picture taken!! just having them left in the cabin in a box, wouldn't be the same!! It never hurts to ask!!:)

We did not receive ours on board the ship, during the cruise which took us over 100 days.

After returning home, read here on Cruise Critic that the medallions were still being presented, so e-mailed the Mariner Society, who to my surprise, sent the medallions and pins, by international mail service.

Also included in the package were two Mariner Society fridge magnets.

Was impressed with their prompt response.