Port of Miami-Dropping luggage before rental car return??

BABYJOSIE98

Hey,

We are driving down from Orlando to board the Carnival Vista on Jan 7th. Would it be a pain to just go to the Port of Miami and drop our luggage before returning the car to MIA? We plan to just use UBER to get back to the port?;)

There are 3 of us and I was not sure if an UBER driver could fit all our bags so I thought if we were early enough we could just drop the bags at the port? We plan to arrive between 10-10:30am?

Thank you!

Well I had looked into a shuttle from MIA, but since this car rental has a location at the port area for cruise passengers they don't offer one from the airport as far as I can tell. We can't change the drop off location because we got such a great deal and any changes make the price go way up!!!!

We are booked through Southwest with Budget and had to pick MIA when we made the reservation. I will inquire again , but pretty sure they do not from the airport. Not a big deal cause we really do not mind using UBER. The cost is pretty cheap, but was worried about lugguge. We should have time to drop off the bags and then return the car.

I could use UBER X too depending on cost.

Thank you all.....

We have returned a car to Miami Airport several times and then took the FREE shuttle to the port. It runs regularly and has lots of room for luggage and is easy peasy!

I will check with Budget again and see if the airport location offers the shuttle to the port.

Michelle

Also double check on changing your drop off location. I'd be surprised if changing your drop off from the airport to an in town location (959 West Avenue, for Budget) would make that big a difference. Also make a new reservation, and see what that prices out to.

Also double check on changing your drop off location. I'd be surprised if changing your drop off from the airport to an in town location (959 West Avenue, for Budget) would make that big a difference. Also make a new reservation, and see what that prices out to.

I did and it was a huge price jump!! That is why I decided to keep what I had:eek:

We will be there early! Plan on getting up and leaving Orlando before 7 am so we will just plan to drop off luggage first. I check occasionally to see if the price drops, but it only goes up.

We have a full size car for 3 days for $128 and now it is way over $200.

To drive from POM to the MIA car rental center, drop the car, wait for the shuttle, and then ride to POM will take at least 45-60 minutes. :( I would drop the car off at MIA and then use UberXL or an SUV/mini-van taxi ($27+tip, flat rate) to get to POM if your car rental company does not offer a free shuttle.

I would not try to drop bags much before 9:30-10:00 -- earlier than that and you run the risk of getting mixed up with the passengers getting off the ship. I would call Carnival to see what their official answer is.

I would not try to drop bags much before 9:30-10:00 -- earlier than that and you run the risk of getting mixed up with the passengers getting off the ship. I would call Carnival to see what their official answer is.

I was going to drop off around 10:30am and then run the car to MIA. Our boarding time is for 12:30pm:confused: