Special Events for the Inaugural Cruises

vtcruising

I found some of the things Celebrity has planned for the inaugural cruises on the X website. I hadn't seen a detailed list of activities - hopefully I'm not repeating something.

Though many of these activities are geared toward increasing revenue, it looks like there will be some interesting opportunities for trying some Edge offerings, including Taste of Edge, Eden Brunch, Dessert Extravaganza, special helipad sailaway, Exceptional Evening Chic and authentic music, dancing, cuisines of the Western and Eastern Caribbean and a grand parade!

Who knew there was an Edge Art Museum? And guess who you get to sail with on those cruises? :D

"Celebrity Edge will soon be embarking on her maiden voyages. To make these sailings even more spectacular, we’ve planned brand new destination experiences, unique festivities and events, including the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to Celebrate with the CEO – Lisa Lutoff-Perlo!

We will honor the diverse people and cultures of the Caribbean islands that Celebrity Edge will visit. From the lively traditions of Mexico on the Western Caribbean voyage to the colorful heritage of Puerto Rico on the Eastern Caribbean maiden voyage, Celebrity Edge will be alive with authentic music, dancing, cuisines, a grand parade, and unlimited fun!

LLP-background-300x204.jpg

Surround yourself with culture and luxury onboard as well, with tours of the exclusive Edge Art Museum and an exclusive art collection unveiling.

New Celebrity Discovery CollectionSM Shore Excursions

In honor of Edge’s inaugural voyages, Celebrity Shore Excursions will launch four brand new tours, debuting the curated Celebrity Discovery Collection to the Caribbean. Choose which experience fits you best – whether you’re new to the destination, or you’ve been there before:

• A catered catamaran trip to El Cielo in Cozumel, Mexico – a UNESCO state reserve known for its crystal clear waters.

• A culinary journey through Playa Mia, learning the traditional, local flavors of the Yucatan and savoring delicious samples.

• A day spent lounging on Grand Case Beach in Saint Martin, beachside service included.

• A visit to a perfumery and a chance to create your own signature scent in Saint Martin.

The Best Dining Experience at Sea

Get a taste of the diverse and authentic culinary journey on board Celebrity Edge with experiences like
“Taste of Edge,” featuring samples from the world class restaurants onboard.

Other limited edition experiences include:
Exceptional
Evening Chic, VIP Private Galley tours, a special Helipad Sail away, Grgich Hills wine tasting, brunch in Eden, and a Dessert Extravaganza in the Grand Plaza.

Introducing The Spa on Celebrity Edge

The Spa on Celebrity Edge is nothing you’ve seen before at sea—or on land. Combined with the most state-of-the-art technology, we’ve infused restorative natural elements into all the spaces, therapies, and experiences The Spa has to offer.

Our SEA Thermal Suite, an evolution of the popular Persian Garden, features eight distinctive therapeutic experiences, all inspired by nature to create one incredible place to relax.

Get a taste of our holistic wellness journey in The Spa on Celebrity Edge on these maiden voyages.
Take this opportunity to discover the exclusive spa areas normally only accessed by guests with a purchased service. Indulge in experiential spa tours including taster treatments.

The French Kerastase institute comes to life, experience the diagnostic bar while tasting macaroons and submerged in the sounds of the French DJ. End it off with a demonstration from our spa therapists of the most unique treatments and taster neck and shoulder massages.

The people on the 2 inaugural cruises should have a wonderful time!
:D

Preview new retail brands in an immersive Celebrity Edge shopping experience. Find your signature scent with our fragrance finding interactive experience, or take a deep dive into the journey for the creation of some of our most exclusive fine jewelry brands."

Thanks for this post vt (and all your other helpful Edge research & posts!).

I am thrilled to see a confirmation that our 12/16 cruise is still an inaugural cruise. So many cruisers who'd booked this sailing when it was initially announced as the inaugural were able to change to the 12/9 maiden but not us. Great to know we will still experience the hoopla for our voyage.

Thanks for this post vt (and all your other helpful Edge research & posts!).

I am thrilled to see a confirmation that our 12/16 cruise is still an inaugural cruise. So many cruisers who'd booked this sailing when it was initially announced as the inaugural were able to change to the 12/9 maiden but not us. Great to know we will still experience the hoopla for our voyage.

You are going to have a wonderful cruise, though you may not have time to relax. Between exploring the ship, attending all the fun events and hobnobing with LLP, you will need lots of energy drinks! ;)

I guess the B2B inaugural cruise people will have the best of both worlds: a fun-filled, though exhausting week followed by a week to relax and enjoy the ship. :D

I am hopeful that there will be some fun events for my preview cruises, such as described for the inaugurals. We will probably just get LLP and a tour of the Edge Art Museum. :D

Oh yeah baby :hearteyes::cool::D:D

I will be on 1st December, and I have been asking myself what they are going to surprise me with.

I guess I will be way more busy taking photos than I want to be, especially cuz I wanna show off here in the board, hahaha...

Actually, all of that sounds like four days of party to me, and I feel like I might love it :hearteyes:

Oh, how do I Wish!

And on one thread, there was a big concern Edge didn’t have a helipad. Good to have that confirmation. We all pretty well knew it had to have one, just not obvious.

Den

Den- so where is the helipad on Edge?

Didn't know about a helipad...

The Inaugural sounds awesome..lots of treats planned,

Ladies may need a posh frock for Enhanced Evening Chic!

Hope they also get a real Island Band for some reggae and steel drum music..has been missing lately!

The marks of Royal C are blended in..a parade, calling the Persian Garden Thermal suites

Glad we will have some great folks on board to report back...photos please!

Edited by hcat

I will be on 1st December, and I have been asking myself what they are going to surprise me with.

I guess I will be way more busy taking photos than I want to be, especially cuz I wanna show off here in the board, hahaha...

Actually, all of that sounds like four days of party to me, and I feel like I might love it :hearteyes:

Cannot wait to read your review and see the photos...

bon voyage

I will be on that Dec 1 preview cruise as well. I don't know if we will have all the hoopla the official inaugural cruises will have (Dec 9 and Dec 16), but we will have fun no matter what!! :D