Escape Balcony question

runningdiva

Yes, they had coffee makers (was just on Escape in an balcony) but I am sorry I don't remember what type- it looked like a typical bargain/hotel type one. You probably wouldn't want to use the water from the room though- I would bring a water bottle and fill it elsewhere.

If your husband is picky he should go to the Atrium and pay for the specialty coffee. The free coffee is free for a reason.

I believe it’s a cheap Hamilton Beach drip-style (not like a Kureg). NCL does provide the coffee. This post contains a link to the product: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50835025&postcount=5

The Haven uses Nespresso, which wasn’t too bad.

Edited by MikeBTN

My husband is very picky about his coffee. Are there coffee makers in balcony cabins? If yes, what type? I want to bring our own to make in the cabin. Thanks.

It is a single cup coffee maker with a custom filter pack. You will not be able to “make your own”.

Yes, they had coffee makers (was just on Escape in an balcony) but I am sorry I don't remember what type- it looked like a typical bargain/hotel type one. You probably wouldn't want to use the water from the room though- I would bring a water bottle and fill it elsewhere.

The water in the Cabin is the same water as anywhere else on the ship

Marion

You can purchase your own pods on amazon for this style of coffee maker: http://a.co/2jmZCcy

As for water, the water in your stateroom is the exact same water as you get anywhere else on the ship.

If your husband is picky about coffee, we found that the room service coffee brought to our stateroom in the morning was much better than the pods provided with the coffee maker. Coffee and "cold" breakfast items (pastries, cereal, fruit, etc.) are free room service to ALL staterooms in the mornings. You just need to pick up door hangers at the Guest Services desk, check off the items you want and delivery time, and then leave them on your door before you go to bed. Fresh, hot coffee every morning that you don't have to bother making yourself!