Specialty restaurant bookings

Vacation Nut

I am on a Xmas cruise on Reflection and I have booked and paid for several specialty restaurants. Now, having read posts of cc. many of you mention there are "deals" once on board. My question is:

If the price of a specialty restaurant is reduced during the cruise, will I still pay the full price?

Thanks for any advice.

We have always done better on the ship getting discounts for specialty dining. In order to do so, you have to be flexible about when and what day you're willing to dine. If you are fixed on a particular day (for example a birthday or anniversary celebration) and need to dine in prime dining times, you'll be better off with a package. Also, sometimes on holiday cruises, the specialties seem to book up and there are not many bargains to be had. The "deals" aboard ship depend on bookings, if there are more bookings, there are less deals on board. If you already have a package purchased pre-cruise, I wouldn't expect further discounts from those prices.

I am on a Xmas cruise on Reflection and I have booked and paid for several specialty restaurants. Now, having read posts of cc. many of you mention there are "deals" once on board. My question is:

If the price of a specialty restaurant is reduced during the cruise, will I still pay the full price?

Thanks for any advice.

Once you have pre-paid and start to use the package, it will be very, very difficult to get any additional consideration for price reduction, if at all.

Pending on how booked the sailing is, you may be better off canceling the package at least three (3) days before boarding and booking on-board.

Now, this is not to say that discounts will be better or worse once aboard, many of us have experienced better pricing than pre-purchasing. Also, take into consideration if there is a specific time frame of dining you may want, it may not be available if it is in stone for you.

bon voyage

On a Xmas cruise the specialty restaurants are heavily booked. I believe I have read that the dining packages are not always offered on holiday sailings.

If you have a reservation for the date & time you want you may be better off to stay with what you have. On the other hand if you don't care what day, time or restaurant you may get a discount on the ship.

I'm considering buying the 7 night package for my upcoming Equinox cruise - has anyone had success with getting pre-reservation (say by calling Captains Club) for ALL 7 nights of their cruise if they purchase the 7 night Specialty Dining package? I'd hate to get on board and only be able to get like 9-9:30pm or 5:30-6pm dining times. Ideally would love an 8pm slot for all 7 nights so that we can attend the shows and still enjoy our meal.

I'm considering buying the 7 night package for my upcoming Equinox cruise - has anyone had success with getting pre-reservation (say by calling Captains Club) for ALL 7 nights of their cruise if they purchase the 7 night Specialty Dining package? I'd hate to get on board and only be able to get like 9-9:30pm or 5:30-6pm dining times. Ideally would love an 8pm slot for all 7 nights so that we can attend the shows and still enjoy our meal.

We just had a 4 night package and had no trouble getting the days & times we wanted when we got on the ship. As we were boarding there was a gentlemen making the reservations. He was busy so we boarded & then headed to Murano where we were able to book all of our 4 dinners-easy. We couldn't get 8 for 1 of the 4 but so booked 8:30. And showed up about 8:15 and they were able to seat us