Platium landry services

montana200024

first of all, i am a loyal cruiser with Carnival..so this is not knocking them down ..

question...free laundry services for Platium guest..

only once while aboard a ship I sent out laundry, 2 articles which had white in them, came back yellow, some just blots , some solid...and 90% came back very wrinkled..is this normal

I have been on many cruises and since then I am afraid of sending out my laundry...

Please help answer my question..

first of all, i am a loyal cruiser with Carnival..so this is not knocking them down ..

only once while aboard a ship I sent out laundry, 2 articles which had white in them, came back yellow, some just blots , some solid...and 90% came back very wrinkled..is this normal

I have been on many cruises and since then I am afraid of sending out my laundry...

I only send things like jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts. It's my understanding that your stuff is put in to a mesh bag and washed with other mesh bags.

That being said - I still send the jeans and sweatshirts we travel in (we typically cruise in the winter and are leaving snow) out to be washed so that we can wear them home. ;)

I have had laundry done on the Triumph and it was awesome when I got it back!!!

Next Cruise

2/24/2014 Carnival Triumph

Past Cruises

Platinum !!!!

11/4/2013 Carnival Triumph

10/30/13 Carnival Triumph

9/29/2013 Carnival Magic

4/15/2013 Carnival Elation

12/9/2012 Mariner of Sea

3/22/2012 Carnival Triumph

1/30/2012 Carnival Triumph

2/28/2011 Carnival Ecstasy

12/5/2010 CarnivalConquest

1/23/2010 Carnival Ecstasy

10/12/2008 Carnival Conquest

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=SgtNaNa&date=2-24-2014&text=60th birthday cruise!!&ship=Carnival Triumph

I have sent out laundry, including my dress shirt from formal night. It came back fine. The clothes were folded not hung up, but otherwise no excessive wrinkling.

My only issue is that I have sensitive skin and some of the clothes caused me to break out. Not Carnivals fault.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I used the laundry service on out last cruise. I was an all girls cruise and their was 4 of us. We only sent non delicate items like socks, t shirts, pants, etc. Received them back usually the same afternoon and they were folded nicely without wrinkles.

I hope that your encounter was a fluke and does not happen to you again. Nothing like trudging down to the laundry facility to iron your clothes.:(

I have sent tee and polo shirts, sox and briefs to the laundry and got them back nicely folded and bagged. I usually do this on a Thursday during a 7 night cruise, and it's great to put clean, folded clothes in my luggage, saves me from washing them when I get home.

Yes, pretty much normal. We've been platinum since they invented it (many years) and the laundry always comes back a wrinkled mess. We don't send anything good, just jeans, swim trunks, DH's shorts, only a few pieces. Never underwear and never ever my clothes. They also have the worst chemical smell ( coming from a Gain detergent and softener addict.)

Edited by LRene

Yes, pretty much normal. We've been platinum since they invented it (many years) and the laundry always comes back a wrinkled mess. We don't send anything good, just jeans, swim trunks, DH's shorts, only a few pieces. Never underwear and never ever my clothes. They also have the worst chemical smell ( coming from a Gain detergent and softener addict.)

What ship were you on? We've done the laundry service on the Splendor, Spirit and Conquest and all of our clothes come back folded and what I'll call 'dryer-pressed'. Not as crisp as an ironed shirt but not a wrinkled mess either.

Could it be different standards? One person's 'dryer-pressed' is another's wrinkled mess.

Haven't encountered a smell either.

Edited by SadieN

What ship were you on? We've done the laundry service on the Splendor, Spirit and Conquest and all of our clothes come back folded and what I'll call 'dryer-pressed'. Not as crisp as an ironed shirt but not a wrinkled mess either.

Could it be different standards? One person's 'dryer-pressed' is another's wrinkled mess.

We've been on almost every ship, most multiple times. You're probably right as I'm picky about my clothes and laundering. I don't send mine but my DH does and it's always seems to be the same result. I have sent things out on other cruise lines that came back on hangars and totally wrinkle free but they all have that chemical smell to me.

You can fit a lot in, think dollar store size., BUT I will never let Carnival touch any of our clothes again. We did a 49 day on the splendor, sent out a sack and it was so wrinkled and faded, We even had to peel socks and underware apart. They ruined EVERYTHING! We were reimbursed a small OBC, but did not really cover our clothes cost. After that I rinsed out things in the sink, 49 days is a long time, and did my own wash.:mad:

thanks so much for the input..I will give it another try...we are doing the b2b so, i do need somethings sent out..

to answer the questions as to what ship........i am not sure what year it was but I have only done...valor, liberty, glory, freedom, and miracle...

Rule is to only send clothes you know wont shrink or change color.

they wash everything you send in one bag, with everyone else's bags in very HOT water. I once had a pr of pants come back 2 sizes smaller than they left and it wasn't because of the buffet. Also have had tshirts come back with transfer dye from jeans that were in the same bag. White undies and tshirts come back dingy..

I am very picky at home when I do laundry.. always separate colors and line dry delicates or 100% cotton so now I only send darks and non delicates.

My DH wears a lot of black, the t shirts looked as if they were stone washed down by the river. They were all new. His black banks /shorts looked as if they were washed in boiling water, tied in knots, then sat in a hot dryer for a week. Our room steward was embarrassed to give them to us.

I guess it depends on who is doing the laundry, but as I said in a prior post..........no way!

undershirts, boxers, socks, kids clothes, maybe jeans the first time through, the success of the first load determines what goes later in the week.

I'd never send anything that hasn't been washed before or something that may still shrink.

I find it really nice to clean clothes I traveled in down to the ship and the day of embarkation...having clean clothes for the trip home is nice.

Its high volume laundry and I don't expect perfection, so its a perk we use especially with a little kid that goes through his fare share of clothes, allows us to pack a lot less.

I read a tip on another laundry thread. Write on the ticket "cold water". So I wrote "Cold water, please, with a smiley face". Everything came back fine - colored t-shirts, capris, underwear, etc. things were just a little stuff, like no fabric softener. Don't know if they followed my directions, but it is worth a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app