Favorite Excursion

pajazz28

I will be visiting St. Kitt on the Harmony of the Seas in July with the family. Please tell me about your favorite excursion in St. Kitt? Where it was through the cruise line or on your own? Feel free to provide any information on the excursion like the tour company's name or tour guide, thank you.

Hi Pajazz28-

We enjoyed a wonderful tour of the island with Thenford Grey. (You can google his tour company). He is very personable and quite knowledgeable. We were picked up right at the pier. We rode in a comfortable air conditioned van. He will put a message on the back window for you if you let him know in advance. A family on our tour was celebrating a college graduation. Our tour included a visit to a farmer's market, Romney Manor (a botanical garden) and Caribelle Batik (a factory and store specializing in Batik clothing), a worthwhile tour of the Brimstone Fortress (incredible views including of Nevis), a stop at Timothy Hill (views of both the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea), and a stop at a beach resort (optional lunch). You can stay at the resort to use the beach or Thenford will bring you back to the ship (which we did).

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

We were there 7 years ago and opted to pick a likely looking cab driver at the port. He drove us around Basseterre a bit, up to Brimstone Hill (which we got to before most of the tours so there were only about 10 people there at the time), then to Romney Manor for a bit. The driver showed us the house he was born in and had a great personal interest in history so he told us lots of interesting things. He took us back to the port and we walk to a restaurant he recommended, which was fantastic. I can't remember now what we paid but we agreed before hand for two of us (I think in the range of $40-80 USD).

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in St. Kitts last week and we did a great private dune buggy tour that I would recommend. Mad Max Dune Buggy Beach Tours. We may actually do it again. We went to 5 beaches, 2 bars, many off road spots. The family that runs it is wonderful. I will be adding my Trip Advisor review today.

We were just in St. Kitts last week and we did a great private dune buggy tour that I would recommend. Mad Max Dune Buggy Beach Tours. We may actually do it again. We went to 5 beaches, 2 bars, many off road spots. The family that runs it is wonderful. I will be adding my Trip Advisor review today.

Can you provide me the name of the tour company. was it through the cruise line or on your own?

• 2 weeks later...

We swam with the dolphins. Cruise lines sell it, but you can save a TON of money if you book on your own. Their Facebook page is always holding a sale and I think we got a buy 1 get one half off deal. It's a quick 10 minute can ride and can easily be done on your own. They totally gouge you on photos, though, since they don't allow you to take your own pics.

We chose to do the Mount Liamuiga Volvano Hike this time. It’s not for everyone, but if you enjoy physical activity (meaning strenuous exercise) then you should read reviews on Trip Advisor and see if this might appeal to you. We booked with Thenford Grey, for $69/person. Royal Caribbean also sells this tour for $120/person. From what I’ve read, they both outsource to one of the few guides on the island that take people up the volcano and back, so it probably really just comes down to price, and your comfort level with pushing the time limit for getting back to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also... how much was the tour? How many people in a buggy?

We did the St Kitts Railway and it was great fun, but we are rail fans so we’re a bit biased.

We booked it through the ship - Viking Sea. We enjoyed the local a cappella signing group. Our guide was entertaining and the rum drinks were tasty.

We sat upstairs in the open air part of the cars where we had great views. A word of caution. If you have motion issues, make sure to take your remedies. The cars rock quite a bit. For us that was part of the fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will be visiting St. Kitt on the Harmony of the Seas in July with the family. Please tell me about your favorite excursion in St. Kitt? Where it was through the cruise line or on your own? Feel free to provide any information on the excursion like the tour company's name or tour guide, thank you.

Pleaseeeee check out MyIslands Tour with Herod! We just did this a few weeks ago and it is a GREAT value and he bring one of his pet monkeys along with him for the day!

If you have any questions after looking into it, let me know!:)

de8e5ca89fe5c2f6c647fb4577b13504.jpg

03d81b0bfb2d819659f8060d9bd46b0a.jpg

Pleaseeeee check out MyIslands Tour with Herod! We just did this a few weeks ago and it is a GREAT value and he bring one of his pet monkeys along with him for the day!

If you have any questions after looking into it, let me know!:)

de8e5ca89fe5c2f6c647fb4577b13504.jpg

03d81b0bfb2d819659f8060d9bd46b0a.jpg

We booked my island tours with Javan. Wonder if it’s tge same? I’m really excited. What was your fav part of the tour?

Tigers2425

Lori

We booked my island tours with Javan. Wonder if it’s tge same? I’m really excited. What was your fav part of the tour?

Tigers2425

Lori

Sorry, that’s what I meant!

Wow, you guys are actually making me reconsider the volcano hike to do the Mad Max buggy tour instead. My guess is this is one of those tours that needs to be booked months in advance, and our cruise is only 3 weeks away. Did any of you book this tour last minute and get in? And how much is the tour, their website doesn’t say, nor do any of the Trip Advisor reviews I read.

Wow, you guys are actually making me reconsider the volcano hike to do the Mad Max buggy tour instead. My guess is this is one of those tours that needs to be booked months in advance, and our cruise is only 3 weeks away. Did any of you book this tour last minute and get in? And how much is the tour, their website doesn’t say, nor do any of the Trip Advisor reviews I read.

I believe its $125 per person for 3 hours. They will respond quickly to email if you search for their website.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app