Deck 5 forward cabins with only 1 nightstand?

metairiegal

We are thinking of booking the Crown Princess, an ocean view on deck 5, Plaza Deck.

I know the very forward cabins, in the curve of the ship, are smaller than the other forward cabins and only have 1 nightstand. But, at what point do the forward cabins have only 1 night stand?

We want to be sure to stay away from those! Thanks for any info.

We are thinking of booking the Crown Princess, an ocean view on deck 5, Plaza Deck.

I know the very forward cabins, in the curve of the ship, are smaller than the other forward cabins and only have 1 nightstand. But, at what point do the forward cabins have only 1 night stand?

We want to be sure to stay away from those! Thanks for any info.

Not sure of the exact cabin numbers but I would stay away from ones where the curve of the hull starts. This can be seen on the deck plans. As the hull curves in it reduces the space inside the cabin. It also affects/increases the cabin window depth/recess as well.

Okay we were in P324 - central. We split the beds so night stand in the middle. Bargain cruise but...... this is a very noisy cabin. Not from the Plaza but there is some type of door beneath you that needs to open and close in port and works on hydrolics. When it goes it is LOUD. We complained and got some OBC as they couldn't move us. Otherwise this deck is great for getting around the ship.

It seems that all the Cat OF only have one night stand. If you go to the Princess web site and search the Crown Princess deck plans for these cabins you will see the note in red that states "Bed access on one side if queen." This would mean there is also only one night stand that would be on one side of the bed if queen and between the beds if twin.

Thanks for the replies everybody!

It seems that all the Cat OF only have one night stand. If you go to the Princess web site and search the Crown Princess deck plans for these cabins you will see the note in red that states "Bed access on one side if queen." This would mean there is also only one night stand that would be on one side of the bed if queen and between the beds if twin.

Thanks, I will have to check it out.

For some reason, I didn't think it was all the OF forward cabins. I thought it was just the ones in the "bend" and forward from there.

• 9 months later...

Ha ha! Kinda weird. I am the OP coming back to my older thread to ask another question!

Are all the forward window OF cabins on the Caribbean Princess also with only 1 nightstand (specifically P218 and P222)? Or, is that just on the Crown?

Love deck 5 So close to international cafe and all the activites on deck 5 we stay mid ship on same side as the in cafe near the art gallery did hear noise about 4 am on decks below like engines or rudders clunking maybe dropping anchor on port?