HELP needed with a booking problem

ohhbother

Hi all.

We got home a couple of weeks ago from a European cruise on Sapphire. On Wednesday of this week, we received an email offering us $100 deposits and onboard credit if we book our next cruise within 60 days of our return.

We had been eyeing a California Coastal on Grand in September, so I decided to book it with this deal. When I used the “book now” link in the email, though, the reduced deposit and OBC were not showing on my booking screen.

I decided to place a courtesy hold and then call Princess to have a rep straighten it out. I’m currently in Arizona for a work conference, so I just got around to calling tonight. The courtesy hold is set to expire tomorrow.

Well, the rep I talked to can’t help me. He said he can “see” the email I was sent, but he can’t open it on his end because “it must be corrupted.” He told me I’ll have to call back Monday.

Problem with that is my courtesy hold will expire before then. And the cruise cost has increased about $200 since I placed the hold.

Is there any way to get to someone who can help me this weekend? The phone rep was rude and completely unhelpful. If I didn’t really want to go on this particular sailing, I’d say forget Princess and be done with it after his attitude. Any suggestions?

Call back and get a different rep. Insist on speaking with a supervisor if that rep can't help you.

In my experience, when a hold has expired, it has dropped off at midnight on the expiration day...so that does give you some time tomorrow to deal with things.

I agree with Moki's Mommy.

Call back, if they cannot help you, ask for a supervisor, if the supervisor cannot help you request an extended hold on the booking so you can address it Monday.

Good luck! That California Coastal is an amazing cruise!! I love it!! Have done it twice and realized it is not offered as often as I'd like!!

Sorry I can't help you with your question but we just got off a 7 day California Coastal on Grand and can post the Princess Patters if you need them. Let me know if you book.