Photos

frosstty

Hi, going on our first cruise on the Caribbean Princess late may. Not planning on buying the photo package and I am wondering if the photographers for Princess would take our photo with our camera. We have gone to Disneyworld a number of times and the Disney photogs are quite happy to use our camera.

Hi, going on our first cruise on the Caribbean Princess late may. Not planning on buying the photo package and I am wondering if the photographers for Princess would take our photo with our camera. We have gone to Disneyworld a number of times and the Disney photogs are quite happy to use our camera.

The photographers at WDW are not professional photographers. The photographers onboard are professional photographers (sort of).

Professional photographers will usually NOT use your personal camera to utilize their services for free.

Often, there may be a crew member nearby, or a friendly passenger who would be willing to take your photo.

The photographers at Disney are professional and normal would nto use your camera, however, because of the Disney Customer service mantra and never saying no they do it as a courtesy. NCL is in the business of selling photos and they will not use your camera because the dollar is all king.

The photographers at Disney are professional and normal would nto use your camera, however, because of the Disney Customer service mantra and never saying no they do it as a courtesy. NCL is in the business of selling photos and they will not use your camera because the dollar is all king.

The PhotoPass photographers are not professional photographers. Well, not a licensed photographer for Disney. They may be professionals (with their own photography business outside what they do at Disney), or learning to be photographers.

Since they are not Disney professional photographer, there's no "never say no" about it. It's part of their job.

The PhotoPass photographers are not professional photographers. Well, not a licensed photographer for Disney. They may be professionals (with their own photography business outside what they do at Disney), or learning to be photographers.

Since they are not Disney professional photographer, there's no "never say no" about it. It's part of their job.

The guy who has been doing photography for Disney for 18 years may disagree with you about if he is a professional photographer or not. And there is no licensing requirement for a photographer in FL, if you own your own business you need a business license (although a lot of the Groupon type photogs don't seem to bother) but nothing specific for photography.

The guy who has been doing photography for Disney for 18 years may disagree with you about if he is a professional photographer or not. And there is no licensing requirement for a photographer in FL, if you own your own business you need a business license (although a lot of the Groupon type photogs don't seem to bother) but nothing specific for photography.

They are hired by Disney to "be" a photographer. There's no training involved for it except how to press the button.

They are not professional photographers (with a studio, or other accouterments necessary for photo shoots).

I'm not saying licensed as in a license required to be a photographer. But as in a trained person who can take really great photographs. PhotoPass photographers are hit or miss as to their abilities.

They are hired by Disney to "be" a photographer. There's no training involved for it except how to press the button.

They are not professional photographers (with a studio, or other accouterments necessary for photo shoots).

I'm not saying licensed as in a license required to be a photographer. But as in a trained person who can take really great photographs. PhotoPass photographers are hit or miss as to their abilities.

So are a lot of other photographers. Disney has seasonal guys that are OK, and they have pros that have been doing it for years and do all sorts of things. They guy doing your photopass picture may have been doing portrait stuff with the dress like a princess/pirate stuff earlier. All of them are required to have prior photography experience and most of them, even the seasonal ones, have worked at places like mall photo studios or those photo places in Walmart.

I don't use Disney photogs so I have never really dealt with them professionally, but have met a couple through friends who work for Disney and they are professional photographers with years of experience doing everything from advertisement photographs, portrait work, studio sets, Disney wedding photographer, all the way up to sports photography and aerial photography, all for Disney.

As others have said no they will not take pictures with your camera or phone. They also will not allow you to use any of the Princess backgrounds, not sure if used on your cruise but many Princess Cruises they set up different back drops for photos.

OP, servers in the dining rooms or specialty restaurants are, usually, happy to take pictures--and they get enough practice to be reasonably competent.

One time we asked a favorite server to do so. He knew how to set the timer on the camera, put it on a nearby table and jumped in the picture with us.

;p

Princess has the photographers there for one reason, money. So if you were to approach a photographer at an organized photo shoot, I would say the answer would be no. As a side note. I don't think you would like the results anyway. Ship's cameras are linked to wired and slave strobe lights. Your camera would not trigger these lights.

Ship's cameras are linked to wired and slave strobe lights. Your camera would not trigger these lights.

We were on CCL several years ago with a large group. One of the people in our group was taking pictures when they were set up for formal night (not of the backdrops) and one of the camera operators strobes kept going off for no reason. Finally figured out they were keyed to the same codes as our friend's off camera flash.

Sadly he is not much of a jokester, could have had a lot of fun with that.