Question regarding bringing wine

ShakerFamily

Bare with my questions as I’m still a newbie! Thank you in advanced!

We plan on bringing several bottles of wine.

•Is it suggested to carry them on or place in checked luggage?

•Do you pay the corking fee upfront upon arrival (for all bottles) or just as you need them opened?

•Anything we should know, heads up, or suggestions?

[emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

Don’t put them in your checked luggage. That can cause delays in getting your luggage if they are found. Carry them on with you.

You are charged the corkage when you board (it’s charged to your account). They stick something on the bottles to show it’s been paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I had been informed that NCL did away with allowing any wine to be brought on the ship. Could someone verify that they are now allowing and only charging the $15 corkage fee? Thanks, Jan

NCL now don’t allow any beverages to be taken onboard, except for wine.

The corkage fee is still $15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I had been informed that NCL did away with allowing any wine to be brought on the ship. Could someone verify that they are now allowing and only charging the $15 corkage fee? Thanks, Jan

NCL did away with allowing bottled water and sodas to be brought aboard but didn't change allowing unlimited wine with corkage fee for each bottle.

NCL did away with allowing bottled water and sodas to be brought aboard but didn't change allowing unlimited wine with corkage fee for each bottle.

Thanks (and thanks to Keith also) .... We will be doing POA in March and Dawn to Bermuda in September ... nice to know I can still bring wine on!!! Jan

You can bring unlimited amounts of wine onboard. Charge is $15 per 750-ml bottle. Bigger bottles are charged $30. No boxed wines allowed. Charge will post to your onboard account and on your statement shows as a charge from one of the dining rooms. A "Corkage Paid" sticker will be affixed to the bottle. You can enjoy ANYWHERE on the ship. We brought 10 bottles onboard two weeks ago spread among four carryons and backpacks (five of us).

You can bring unlimited amounts of wine onboard. Charge is $15 per 750-ml bottle. Bigger bottles are charged $30. No boxed wines allowed. Charge will post to your onboard account and on your statement shows as a charge from one of the dining rooms. A "Corkage Paid" sticker will be affixed to the bottle. You can enjoy ANYWHERE on the ship. We brought 10 bottles onboard two weeks ago spread among four carryons and backpacks (five of us).

Thanks for the additional information it is appreciated. Didn't know about the bigger bottles. Jan

Not sure if it's still the case, but if at the end of your sailing you find that you don't end up drinking a bottle or two of wine (gasp!) that you've paid the corkage for, you can take the full bottle to Guest Services and they will refund the corkage for that bottle. Again, not sure if still works that way, but it did in 2016 on the Escape.

ETA: Someone who has sailed more recently may have a more recent experience, obviously. :)

The wine bottles must not have been opened. We bought a bottle of Port in Copenhagen and paid $15 prior to checking in for our TA to Miami last October. We had a relaxed sail-away for 4 on our aft balcony. $15 well spent.

Is this allowed only at embarkation? We board the Spirit in Rome and will likely bring some on with us there and pay the corkage fee, but I don't fancy the idea of lugging bottles of wine with us on the train to Civitavecchia. On european sailings can you bring wine on after a port day and pay the fee? We did that on the last sailing we did on the Spirit and it was great. Found some good Italian wines that were not very $$ and enjoyed them for happy hour when we boarded after a long day of touring. Hoping to do the same this time around.

Is this allowed only at embarkation? We board the Spirit in Rome and will likely bring some on with us there and pay the corkage fee, but I don't fancy the idea of lugging bottles of wine with us on the train to Civitavecchia. On european sailings can you bring wine on after a port day and pay the fee? We did that on the last sailing we did on the Spirit and it was great. Found some good Italian wines that were not very $$ and enjoyed them for happy hour when we boarded after a long day of touring. Hoping to do the same this time around.

You may bring on during your port stops.