Magen’s Bay

Ajproctor

I don't think they rented umbrellas before the storms because there was natural shade from trees on shoreline. Get there early if you need umbrella. I read somewhere that they are limited.

Thanks, actually on the website it only says they rent chairs at the concessions. Still trying to figure out what to do in St. Thomas.

Last November, we visited Megan's Bay, and we were one of the first ships to land after the hurricane. They did rent new umbrellas and chairs, but there was a shortage of them. We just happened to see someone taking theirs back and ended up renting those ones. You have to give a deposit (I think it was about $25) and they return when you return. There is a place to get food, and it was reasonable and pretty good.

Last November, we visited Megan's Bay, and we were one of the first ships to land after the hurricane. They did rent new umbrellas and chairs, but there was a shortage of them. We just happened to see someone taking theirs back and ended up renting those ones. You have to give a deposit (I think it was about $25) and they return when you return. There is a place to get food, and it was reasonable and pretty good.

Are there regular restrooms or port-a- potties? How long of a ride is it to the beach? Cost of chair and umbrella rentals? Thanks

It wasn't unreasonable. It think about $20 for chairs and umbrella, plus deposit. Not much more than that. As for how long a ride to the beach, if I remember it was maybe 25 minutes ship to Meagan's Bay.

• 1 month later...
DH & I renewed our vows at Magen's Bay in March. Lovely beach. Super clean restrooms. Plenty of space. Hope you had a great day!

We will also be renewing our vows at Magens Bay next week. We married there 20 years ago and promised to return and renew them every 10 years, which we did in 2008.

On both occasions, we did it away from the main beach area down among the trees to the south. But we've been hearing that the hurricane did a number down there and you wouldn't recognize it the same as it was.

Did you find it being that bad of condition from the hurricane?

We will also be renewing our vows at Magens Bay next week. We married there 20 years ago and promised to return and renew them every 10 years, which we did in 2008.

On both occasions, we did it away from the main beach area down among the trees to the south. But we've been hearing that the hurricane did a number down there and you wouldn't recognize it the same as it was.

You should look on youtube, there's lots of videos showing St Thomas after Irma. Looks like Megan's Bay was greatly affected, at the time the video I watched was shot there was no green vegetation left at all.

Not at all. It looked great. We did our ceremony down on the quiet end, as well. Our wedding planner did an amazing job, even setting up a picnic for us on the beach complete with champagne. An amazing day. Congratulations to you! Happy Anniversary!!

• 4 weeks later...