Sky Princess inaugural cruise

RMS Olympic

since it's too early for a roll call......anyone else planning on making this sailing. As soon as the books open tomorrow I hope to reserve my cabin. Very excited to get back on Princess...its been a while.

Like the theme song says...."exciting and new" 🤓

Hope others are excited!!!

Got my Elite code email - it says call Princess or your travel agent from the specified time in the instructions but does mention the website too at the bottom of the email (maybe just the standard footer) so a little confused if it will be available online.

Sandra

Edited by dides

I am looking at this cruise.

I just called Princess 9am my time but 6am their time and she say their system will not accept any booking until 8am PST.

I am waiting for Princess to open up at 8PST.

Does Princess do anything special for the first cruise?

Edited by phabric

Well I am officially booked and under deposit! Got my forward looking balcony cabin L101�� .

Hope everyone else gets what they want ��

We feel L101/102 are the best value on the ship.

We splurged and got L108.

Booked into an Aft Deluxe Balcony - when I priced the 7 day Rome to Barcelona vs the 14 day Barcelona to FLL TA, the 14 day was only 30 dollars more - $15.00 PP for a TA, booked it! Now I just have to tell my wife - Wish me luck!

Booked a minisuite for the 7 day Inaugural over the phone - our preferred deck didnt seem to have the same numbering as Regal/Royal so we went one up. Not a biggie. Very difficult when you can't see the deck plans lol

Sandra

Can you use L101 and the other forward balcony when the ship is sailing as it reads balcony use while in ports?

The answer is YES. Wind can be a big problem at sea. I believe they show it as unavailable at sea on the website so people are not disappointed about wind issues. Either you like the forward facing balconies or you don't.

Edited by Todd320

Can you use L101 and the other forward balcony when the ship is sailing as it reads balcony use while in ports?

We just did the TA on Royal in cabin L107 front mini-suite in Oct/Nov. A couple of days on the TA portion it was pretty windy, but we used it most days. The doors were never locked so we couldn't use the balcony.

Booked a minisuite for the 7 day Inaugural over the phone - our preferred deck didnt seem to have the same numbering as Regal/Royal so we went one up. Not a biggie. Very difficult when you can't see the deck plans lol

Sandra

If this is the Oct 20, 2019 7 day Med Athens-Barcelona cruise, we will be joining you.

We decided to do the 14 day Med cruise Oct 20-Nov 3, 2019.

I looked at the Majestic deck plan to help pick our cabin. I wanted a certain balcony cabin, balcony is angled so bigger than other balconys. My agent was told my Princess that cabin was for the 7 day portion, she had to fight them to get them to over ride the system to have that cabin for the 14 day.

As for access to forward facing balcony cabins, they state only while in port....

But I was on the first Caribbean sailing of the Royal and always had full access. The view is blocked by the windbreak, but I'm ok with that. I admit had I had the deck plans available when I booked...I might have gone for the new window cabins on sun deck. Odd, they are priced the same as the obstructed view balcony one deck below . The big question...how large is the window? If it's floor to ceiling, I'd chose the next time I sail this ship...in the Caribbean.

Now to look at L108 to see what my rich neighbors Todd320 booked. I like associating with the wealthy

The forward facing balcony cabins (decks 15 & 16) are still there on the Sky & because the Sanctuary was moved from deck 17 to 18 they've added more cabins in that space. That includes 6 of the new O6 cabins (Deluxe Oceanview: "Enjoy the added benefit of a view of the ocean from a picture window that brings in natural light") on deck 17.

Checking earlier today, 5 of those 6 cabins were already reserved for the 28 day Med/TA & they are only slightly less expensive than the lowest priced balcony cabins.

Wondering if Princess will decide to sell the positioning of the Sky from Itally to Athens? If they do, and make it a short couple of days transit, I hope we who have booked the inaugural will get first chance to add it onto our existing bookings.

Now if I could find a 7 day cruise that terminates in Athens on the 20th, what a great warm up that would be...get off one ship and run over to board the Sky

Wondering if Princess will decide to sell the positioning of the Sky from Itally to Athens? If they do, and make it a short couple of days transit, I hope we who have booked the inaugural will get first chance to add it onto our existing bookings.

Yes hoping for a preview cruise too -- especially if it was from beautiful Trieste like the Majestic. They offered one with about 3 months to go and guests on the inaugural could phone and book it 48 hours before it was released to the general public.

Sandra

• 1 month later...

Curious to see if there will be any changes to the interior appointments or will it be identical to her siblings?

As it will be late October....it could be guide cool....might need a cocktail or two to keep me warm.....

Hope interest in the inaugural increases..... I’m already to go