May I bring my own water on the SKY?

MANDMTRAVEL

Hi, First time cruising with Norwegian and was wondering if I can pack a couple of water bottles on my suitcase or carry on? I wake up at night and need to drink water. And in the morning I drink a bottle too while I get ready before breakfast.

Thanks,

No. You may purchase a "water package" prior to sailing or once on board, or you can buy single bottles of water as needed. They will not let you bring bottles back from port either. We took bottles OFF the ship when we to port, came back with a couple of those same bottles, and had to give them up before re-boarding.

No, simply have your cabin steward bring you a pitcher of ice each afternoon. As it melts it becomes very cold refreshing water that costs you nothing at all. No need for a bottle even!

If you want an eye opener on how 'clean' the ice is the room steward places in your room each day, by all means trace it from your 'clean' ice bucket or pitcher back to the machine. Most of you won't like the truth, so I recommend you don't do that and just keep thinking it's very sanitary.

Hint: The steward washes many, many toilets, sinks, showers etc and rarely if ever washes his hands before handling your ice.

Back to on topic -- is it cheaper to order the water package before sailing rather than ask for it on-board?

I haven't gotten a clear answer on that. We always pre-purchase the 6 or 12 pack (I forget which one they offer that is the smallest) because it is for liters not half-liter bottles, and it usually is enough for us. We like the convenience of having the drinking water in our cabin at night and on sea days. The website says we are saving a bit by pre-purchasing but I have never tested it by waiting and ordering on board.

And watch out for the nasty water they use to prepare your food and drinks. Watch out for the contaminated air they pump through the ship ventilation system. Be careful of the nasty chemicals they use to clean the bathroom. Gee is it amazing that any of us survive our cruises.

Sorry but I do not have time to follow around a cabin steward to see what all he does and how often he does it.

Some don't survive the cruise and many get sick. Trusting your room steward to handle your ice/water with proper sanitation is certainly your choice. I choose not too. As far as your other comments, they are just juvenile and don't apply to my comment about ice in your room.

Some don't survive the cruise and many get sick. Trusting your room steward to handle your ice/water with proper sanitation is certainly your choice. I choose not too. As far as your other comments, they are just juvenile and don't apply to my comment about ice in your room.

I️ can tell you I️ always drink my water that the steward brings and have never gotten sick. If everyone were to go by what you suggest then everyone would go hungry and die of thirst cause I️ will guarantee you that the food preparation is much dirtier than the water your steward will bring you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk