First time Azamara cruiser

tromvest

We are really looking forward to our first Azamara cruise this October. We’ve been sailing exclusively with a Celebrity for the past 20 years. I’m anxious to try the smaller boutique style ship.I know that dining is open seating on Azamara but I was wondering if there’s a wait to get seated if we come between 7:00-7:30?

There’s 3 of us sailing together.

Thanks !

We've never had to wait. Usually we are closer to 7pm and our party size has often varied. Can't speak for others but our experience is sometimes just a small line to get in, but once you get to the desk, you are seated immediately. Enjoy your first AZ cruise!

We never had problems being seated at the time we arrived at the MDR. We arrived at around 7.00pm. Try to arrive by that time the first night and you can get an impression or ask the maitre about his/her opinion concerning availability on your preferred dining times.

Ivi

Conversely, each time my partner and I tried to go to the MDR for dinner at around 7-7:30pm, there was a substantial line of approximately 15-20 people. On one occasion, we were told that it would be a 15-20 minute wait for a table for 2.

It will ultimately depend on your fellow travellers, and when the majority of them choose to dine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the MDR, we've experienced both - been seated immediately as well as had a short wait. There's a bar area where you can have a cocktail if there is a wait. Great people watching.

There's also the option of dining at Windows (buffet) where there are many tables - both indoors and out. And there's also The Patio - covered outside seating with full service.

For the MDR, Windows and The Patio, no reservations. Specialty restaurants yes.

Honestly, the wait at the MDR is no issue. If you are famished, you could always have a cocktail and tapas in The Library or grab a plate of nibbles from the buffet and a drink at the Sunset Bar. You won't go hungry or thirsty :)

We have found that it varies from cruise to cruise. On relocation cruises, with lots of sea days, people tended to eat later so 7:30- 8:00 was a busy time, but on our last cruise, the Costa Rica Intensive on which people had lots of early morning starts for tours, the busy time was earlier 6:45-7:15.

It’s not a problem as the entry to Discoveries is in the Discoveries bar, which is pleasant if you have to wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only time we had to wait for a table in the MDR was on a night when they were serving lobster and apparently all PAX seemed to want to eat in the MDR instead of other options.

We have found that it varies from cruise to cruise. On relocation cruises, with lots of sea days, people tended to eat later so 7:30- 8:00 was a busy time, but on our last cruise, the Costa Rica Intensive on which people had lots of early morning starts for tours, the busy time was earlier 6:45-7:15.

It’s not a problem as the entry to Discoveries is in the Discoveries bar, which is pleasant if you have to wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is very true, it depends on your fellow passengers. On my recent cruise 40-60 passengers lined up to enter the MDR at 5:45. I had NEVER seen that before. I entered the MDR at 6:30 and had no problem getting a table for two, but the room was full soon after that. On this cruise later diners would have no problems after 7:30, because all the early diners would be finished, but on other cruises that would be peak dining time. Also MDR crowds are influenced by buffet selection, some are popular and others are not.

We also just signed up for our first Azamara cruise after a lot of Celebrity cruises. We have always taken the late seating at 8:30. None of the restaurants were ever busy at that time so I never thought about it for this cruise. Anyone have any comments/experience about eating late?

We prefer the same timing as Jazzbeau, late. The only time we had a problem getting a table in any of the venues at that hour was one night in the Discoveries restaurant when they were serving lobster. That menu created quite a crowd.