Where to eat lunch

Cruiser409

Cruising to Cozumel in September. Someone suggested Panchos' Backyard for lunch. Going to make reservations, but not sure which location. I think we will docked at the International pier. Is any one location better than the other, or designated for a particular cruise line. We will be on Royal Caribbean.

• 3 weeks later...

I only know of one Pancho's Backyard and it's about a mile from the pier by taxi on the main road by the pier. Definitely make reservations for you and your group---it's a wonderful spot to enjoy lunch, mariachi music then shop afterwards....

Don't make reservations and don't do any restaurant at the pier! Go into town. There are literally 100+ restaurants and cafes. Much less expensive, and much BETTER FOOD in town at any restuarant off the main street (Rafael Malgar). Go one or two blocks inland, and walk up and down the streets. Our favorite is La Choza (look them up on TripAdvisor). Some people love La Mission, Casa Denis (hottest sauces I have found), and many many more places worth trying. All have menu posted outside door, with prices, and fabulous service. Never been disappointed in any meal in Cozumel, and we have been going there for vacation 18+ years.

Agree with ABQRobin...lots of good, less tourista places downtown. I love the little loncherias and cocina economicas open for lunch, like Las Flamitas or Las Palmas

For tacos there's Otates or El Foco..

But if you decide to go to Pancho's there's no need to take a taxi downtown. Their branch is at Puerta Maya 1/4 mile away, easy walk. You might be able to see if from your ship depending on where exactly you dock. No ship id needed to enter the shopping area. And do get Pancho's chile rellenos, one of the better things on their menu, IMO.

No offence, but going all the way to Cozumel only to dine at Pancho's should be considered criminal... As others have mentioned, Cozumel has so many great and authentic restaurants, at all price points that are far better...

No offence, but going all the way to Cozumel only to dine at Pancho's should be considered criminal... As others have mentioned, Cozumel has so many great and authentic restaurants, at all price points that are far better...

LOL! I have always thought I was missing out on something with all the recommendations it gets but we have never had time to try it. I remember you suggesting some good bars too!

Our favorite is La Choza but smokinmike and Crew have good suggestions too.