Breakaway

karinad

What's your favorite deck/cabin on the Breakaway to be on and why?

Each deck/cabin is special in their own ways, and each person like different things.

For those in Haven, they would like Haven's areas.

For those in a Studio, perhaps deck 11 as the Studio Lounge is on the same floor.

Deck 8 - some restaurants are on this floor, easy walk to most things.

I did some research on this as well because we are going on the Breakaway as well. What I found was deck 11 and Deck 8 seem to be the favorite for locations. And yes we also booked a balcony room.

The biggest issue with Breakaway balcony rooms (and mini suites) for us is that the balconies themselves are tiny.

If you have any intention of sitting out on the balconies for any time then you really need a bigger one.

For us, we always book the deck 9 mini suites with large balcony, as those balconies are huge. However, you specified a balcony room, so in that case I would go for the large balconies on deck 9.

Others like the aft balconies (which we usually go for on older ships, but never have on the newer ships). Another alternative are the angled balconies, but they are still a little tight.

If the balcony size isn't a big issue to you then things are more open. I would still favour the forward rooms, as you aren't directly above the waterfront/lifeboats, but that becomes less of an issue as you move to higher decks. I'd say that anywhere once you get to deck 11 or above is fine.

But get something with a larger balcony if you can. Those standard balconies are tiny.

The biggest issue with Breakaway balcony rooms (and mini suites) for us is that the balconies themselves are tiny.

If you have any intention of sitting out on the balconies for any time then you really need a bigger one.

For us, we always book the deck 9 mini suites with large balcony, as those balconies are huge. However, you specified a balcony room, so in that case I would go for the large balconies on deck 9.

Others like the aft balconies (which we usually go for on older ships, but never have on the newer ships). Another alternative are the angled balconies, but they are still a little tight.

If the balcony size isn't a big issue to you then things are more open. I would still favour the forward rooms, as you aren't directly above the waterfront/lifeboats, but that becomes less of an issue as you move to higher decks. I'd say that anywhere once you get to deck 11 or above is fine.

But get something with a larger balcony if you can. Those standard balconies are tiny.

Thank you for the very helpful information! If we aren't travelling with anyone and don't expect to company, there's only the 2 of us, so, balcony size isn't that crucial. We were on The Jade last yr. and we had a balcony on deck 8 around the forward elevators. We loved the location because we didn't have to go far for anything. I like being located around the elevators and Forward seemed to work on The Jade.

Thank you for the very helpful information! If we aren't travelling with anyone and don't expect to company, there's only the 2 of us, so, balcony size isn't that crucial. We were on The Jade last yr. and we had a balcony on deck 8 around the forward elevators. We loved the location because we didn't have to go far for anything. I like being located around the elevators and Forward seemed to work on The Jade.

Our very first cruise was on the Jade, seven years ago, and we were far forward, but near the elevators. It WAS great.

On the Breakaway, we had a balcony cabin on Deck 10, just forward of the rear elevators. We enjoyed it because it got us a bit above the Waterfront. The Waterfront (Deck 8) has a bit metal covering. Even on Deck 10, you look down on it a bit, but it's not distracting when you're sitting on your balcony. I think Deck 9 would have put us nearly level with that roof, and we might not have enjoyed that.

We liked being near the back stairs, because it was a very quick walk down to dining. Only the theater is particularly far away. Of course, everyone likes the choice they made best...so this is just our opinion...but we were very happy with our location.