Huge MSC Price Spike?

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

I went to book a cruise on the MSC Preziosa after being approved time off from work and the room we were going to book (A Fantastica balcony) went from $2900 total to $3900 total. Does anyone think this has to do with the myth that prices shoot up during storms, and once the hype of this snowstorm that the Eastern USA received is gone, it will drop? Or do you think this price is likely to stay? Thanks for help in advance!

Hello,

I went to book a cruise on the MSC Preziosa after being approved time off from work and the room we were going to book (A Fantastica balcony) went from $2900 total to $3900 total. Does anyone think this has to do with the myth that prices shoot up during storms, and once the hype of this snowstorm that the Eastern USA received is gone, it will drop? Or do you think this price is likely to stay? Thanks for help in advance!

I would check with a travel agent. Who knows why prices go up?

Nothing to do with storm. But cannot answer your questions without details about the route and the month. If you follow the prices of MSC they are in a movement all the time and in all directions. You won´t believe how down they can go if the booking situation of a cruise is very bad and how much up if the ship is almost full many weeks before departure.

Nothing to do with storm. But cannot answer your questions without details about the route and the month. If you follow the prices of MSC they are in a movement all the time and in all directions. You won´t believe how down they can go if the booking situation of a cruise is very bad and how much up if the ship is almost full many weeks before departure.

It's the Preziosa from Guadeloupe on December 23. Yes, it's a Christmas cruise, but since the moment I started looking, it was as low as $699 before taxes per person. Even the Seaside from Miami went up about $150 total for the Christmas week last week. The itinerary is 7 nights, and visits St.Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Port of Spain, St.Vincent and Martinique.

We've never used an agency... any you recommend?

Since we can't recommend travel agents here by name, I would suggest that you just google "cruise travel" and several will come up. Then check their sites and see who offers the best deal.

I used a few different ones depending on what deals/extras/prices they offer.

• 3 weeks later...
It's the Preziosa from Guadeloupe on December 23. Yes, it's a Christmas cruise, but since the moment I started looking, it was as low as $699 before taxes per person. Even the Seaside from Miami went up about $150 total for the Christmas week last week. The itinerary is 7 nights, and visits St.Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Port of Spain, St.Vincent and Martinique.

I'm on that cruise (but leaving on 22nd from Martinique) and I agree that the prices have gone up between the time I booked and now.