Dawn Static Menu: Good or Bad Idea?

H82seaUgo

What do you think about having the same menu in the MDR night after night?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about having the same menu in the MDR night after night?

• I like the idea of getting the SAME menu every night
    • I would like to get a DIFFERENT menu every night for more variety
    • I have no opinion

We sailed Aug. 9th never had a problem eating in MDR's and we all really enjoyed the new menus and the daily specials, we also took advantage of 2 for 1 on sea days to eat in Impressions and Bamboo.:D We had a great cruise and can't wait for the next one. Happy Cruising:p

The original entrees offered on the static menus in Venetian & Aqua were outstanding. I would love to be able to have lobster or rack of lamb available every night. Hope the static menus remain the same until I board the Dawn in October.

No mention of a BIG variety. Same amount of dishes, just changing every night.

Still prepared perfectly.

7 different days of menus is a Big Variety of dishes IMHO....what are you talking about????

Years ago....like 20 years ago, the menus were full of fabulous different choices every night. The food was prepared to perfection and the food was not cheap stuff. Lobster tail was a huge lobster tail etc. I remember our first cruise having no complaints what so ever about the menu offerings... our dining experience has never been quite the same since.

That said, I realize times have changed and that food is more costly...but so is a cruise. The prices are getting raised to compensate for their cost. I don't expect to get the huge lobster tails we got back then but at the same time, spending thousands of dollars for our vacation, I do expect to get a decent quality of food items and not some cheap crap you'd get a "truck stop".

Most of the food we had on our NCL cruise was decent. I would not say it was superb but it was decent......I just hope it is still the same when we go in Jan and I hope we do not have a fixed menu for 10 whole days...ugh!

So, if I decide to sail on NCL next year I will be getting truck stop food?

You will, now! :rolleyes:

Seriously, a controlled menu (not the same as a limited menu) which remains static would enable those who wish to, to plan their days rather than running around each evening to the different venues to determine whether there's anything appealing that night, or whether to try one of the other restaurants.

You will, now! :rolleyes:

Seriously, a controlled menu (not the same as a limited menu) which remains static would enable those who wish to, to plan their days rather than running around each evening to the different venues to determine whether there's anything appealing that night, or whether to try one of the other restaurants.

You only have to "run around" to one of the venues because under the old system both venues had the same menu. I also never ran around at all. The evening's menu is posted well in advance...in fact sometimes the night before at the smaller dining room. You can check it there almost 24 hours in advance.

They would only be preparing the dishes that were planned for that night. Sort of like what they are doing on every other ship.

They still have to know how to prepare all 7 days of different menus vs one static menu and a Chef's Special for each day. More items-more ingredients-more work!

So, if I decide to sail on NCL next year I will be getting truck stop food?

Hmm...apparently you did not read further where I said on our last NCL cruise our food was decent. Never implied it was "truck stop" food....said I would expect decent food...which is what we got.

But, some people love truck stop food.........so who am I to judge. ;)

You only have to "run around" to one of the venues because under the old system both venues had the same menu. I also never ran around at all. The evening's menu is posted well in advance...in fact sometimes the night before at the smaller dining room. You can check it there almost 24 hours in advance.

uh huh....but I didn't.

And either way, it needed to be checked daily. I'm happier if it doesn't.

No vote for me on the number 3 poll same subject. 2 choices make some broad assumptions.

You may want to check your facts. This was the first poll.

Cum'd results so far on all three polls show most to not like the idea.

Two of the three polls also show this flat out.

Archived