Have some Liberty of the Seas Question...

We are taking our first LOS cruise in a few weeks and have some questions. What is the dress code in MDR, for teens... can they wear nice shorts and shirt?

Also, can we bring a case of water or sodas for our two cabins? We have sailed Carnival previously and they allow us to bring non alcoholic drinks in carry on.

So excited to cruise again!

The “official” dress code is no shorts in the MDR but that is rarely enforced. I’ve been on Liberty twice and do recall seeing shorts, so you will probably be fine. Same thing for bringing water or soda, the official policy is not allowed but again, rarely enforced. I do not know how likely they are to enforce in Galveston. I’d say water, no problem but sodas, they might confiscate.

While I like to be casual while cruising, still would like everyone to be nicely dressed for dinner. Our young adult men (teens) wear long pants to follow the "official" dress code. It's only 1.5 hours for dinner in an indoor air conditioned nice restaurant. One pair of casual slacks doesn't take up more space in suitcase than a pair of shorts...

Have witnessed turning away shorts on Formal nites, not that happen on your cruise. Long Pants/ jeans, no... Best way is put water/soda in suitcase or bag. Not allowed, but I been doing it last 20 cruises. Like my Diet Dew..

We just got back from the Liberty this week. We saw lots of kids wearing shorts in the dining room. The dress code was not enforced at all it didn't seem. But it was still a lot nicer than Carnival.

As far as the water and sodas go... We had previously just put a luggage tag on them and been fine. This time we had to go to the "naughty room" to get our drinks. When we got there the security asked what the bottles of water and Dr. Pepper were for. We told him for drinking in port and on our balcony. He said ok and we left. It was kinda crazy.

You will LOVE the Liberty. I am a cruise blogger and working on our blog. Here is the 1st day post:

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2018/06/liberty-royal-treatment-day-1.html

I hope it helps!

I had read a lot about dress code before my cruise on Liberty last Jan. I found that the vast majority of people were dressed per the stated dress code. I doubt they would kick you out for being in shorts but if you are the type that would feel underdressed then I would bring pants and a nice shirt.

Your kids will be fine in shorts and a nice shirt.

If you ever feel like you’re underdressed, just look around and you’ll soon find someone who looks a lot worse.

A luggage tag on a case of water is a common sight at check in area and is always accepted. I’ve heard the same goes for soft drinks but have no first hand knowledge.