Where to stay for 2 day pre-cruise

aprilsp88

Hi,

If there are 2 days gap in between cruises in port everglade, where would you suggest to stay? Is Holleywood beach, FLL beach or south beach damaged by hurricane? Besides the water taxi, any activity during day time?

Thanks,

April

Hi,

If there are 2 days gap in between cruises in port everglade, where would you suggest to stay? Is Holleywood beach, FLL beach or south beach damaged by hurricane? Besides the water taxi, any activity during day time?

Thanks,

April

Many enjoy an Everglades Airboat ride.

There is a new Conrad Hilton with the beach right across the street which I would look at along with the

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort.

It's always difficult to know what to recommend not knowing the price point that someone is looking for.

Keith

Hi,

Thanks all for the suggestions and replying. Traveling without kids, just want to fill up these 2 days gap. Did evergalde tour and enjoyed it, might try water taxi. I mainly like to get suggestion on areas to stay, such as, downtown vs beach.

Anyone know if the beach is damaged by hurricane? I heard south beach is damanged? I know that key west is damaged, is it worth a day trip there?

Thanks,

April

Most South Florida beaches are back in business and have been cleaned up. I spent a few hours last night walking on Hollywood Beach and everything looked fine. There are still piles of tree branches and garbage inland that hasn't been picked up yet. Most touristy areas are fine. As for doing a day trip to Key West, it's around four hours each way so no good for a day trip. Key West sustained minimal damage, most of the severe damage was in the Middle and Lower Keys, north of Key West.