Royal Suite on Radiance of the Seas

Can anyone who has sailed in the RS on Radiance tell be about the extra perks that came with this suite? I know about the normal suite perks, just wondering what else to expect. I have booked the RS as a surprise for my wife to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary plus her 70th birthday!

Can anyone who has sailed in the RS on Radiance tell be about the extra perks that came with this suite? I know about the normal suite perks, just wondering what else to expect. I have booked the RS as a surprise for my wife to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary plus her 70th birthday!

Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary. Your wife will definitely be surprised with this luxurious suite.

• 4 months later...

Did the royal suit to New Zealand Nov 17 from Sydney cabin from hell

noise from above in the ceiling for first 2 nights could not fix

then sprayed a aerosol penetrating substance unable to stay in the

suite for 2 days. Don't expect too much as most of the extras don't

work any more i.e. electric curtains,piano,steam shower,bed room

doors.Had maintenance in the cabin more than us.Came home with

asthma like symptoms from the spray.

Hope all the faults have been fixed sorry to put a damper on your cruises but that's was our experience on Radiance. Still doing royals on other ships:D

One would think that for the price you pay for the Royal Suite they could at least include free dining at the specialty restaurants! Oh well, I know we will enjoy the 10 days which includes 5 sailing days!

They don’t forget your Bogo for the specialty dining. You can also order MDR to your cabin. We have the Radiance RS booked in July this year. I will be doing a live review, keep your eyes open for it.

You will also get some free clothing pressing the first night of the cruise. Also access to the Concereige Lounge.

Did the royal suit to New Zealand Nov 17 from Sydney cabin from hell

noise from above in the ceiling for first 2 nights could not fix

then sprayed a aerosol penetrating substance unable to stay in the

suite for 2 days. Don't expect too much as most of the extras don't

work any more i.e. electric curtains,piano,steam shower,bed room

doors.Had maintenance in the cabin more than us.Came home with

asthma like symptoms from the spray.

Hope all the faults have been fixed sorry to put a damper on your cruises but that's was our experience on Radiance. Still doing royals on other ships:D

Hope you got some compensation for all those issues.

Jimbo:)

They don’t forget your Bogo for the specialty dining. You can also order MDR to your cabin. We have the Radiance RS booked in July this year. I will be doing a live review, keep your eyes open for it.

You will also get some free clothing pressing the first night of the cruise. Also access to the Concereige Lounge.

We will be on it in May from Hawaii. We are D+ so we will have access to both lounges. I just hope we don’t have problems like a previous poster had or there will be hell to,pay! As much as I am paying for this everything better be working or they will reimburse me for part of the cruise fare. I’ve complained before and gotten future cruise credits. One time 4 of us sailed in a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis that only cost about $2,500 once I applied all the credits.

We will be on it in May from Hawaii. We are D+ so we will have access to both lounges. I just hope we don’t have problems like a previous poster had or there will be hell to,pay! As much as I am paying for this everything better be working or they will reimburse me for part of the cruise fare. I’ve complained before and gotten future cruise credits. One time 4 of us sailed in a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis that only cost about $2,500 once I applied all the credits.

Oasis is a newer ship wouldn't think you would have problems in one of those cabins all ready.........What were your issues with the sailing?

Oasis is a newer ship wouldn't think you would have problems in one of those cabins all ready.........What were your issues with the sailing?

The problems were not on Oasis, they were on a previous sailing but I used the future cruise credit for an Oasis sailing.

The problems were not on Oasis, they were on a previous sailing but I used the future cruise credit for an Oasis sailing.

Got it...............we had the same issue with a Celebrity ship and had the good will OBC put on a RCCL reservation. Totally understand.

Edited by Jimbo

Could the moderator's please delete the two above un-called for comments. They are no relevant to the OP question.

Jimbo:):)

You might also want to included the post about getting the OBC from one ship and used on Oasis, as none of it relates to Radiance at all.

One would think that for the price you pay for the Royal Suite they could at least include free dining at the specialty restaurants! Oh well, I know we will enjoy the 10 days which includes 5 sailing days!

I wish RCL would do that too as they do on Celebrity. If perks were the same as Celebrity, I would move up to the RS from the OS.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might also want to included the post about getting the OBC from one ship and used on Oasis, as none of it relates to Radiance at all.

There are posts on nearly every thread on here that don’t pertain to the original post so why does this matter?

There are posts on nearly every thread on here that don’t pertain to the original post so why does this matter?

Could the moderator's please delete the two above un-called for comments. They are no relevant to the OP question.

Jimbo:):)

Just referenced Jimbo. He asked for ones to be deleted. If they are going to delete non-pertaining ones at his request, they could have included another. Just a suggestion on my part, I was not telling the mods what to do.

What did you mean by that remark?

Some folks boast of gaming the system and securing an FCC on many of their trips.

Not sure if you fall into that category.

I had issues on our Serenade RS in April. Not as bad as the OP, though. Light switches, piano, PlayStation.

They were addressed onboard, they did what they could and I was happy. No FCC requested or given. However our very next cruise Laura was upgraded to a GS from her JS at the dock.

Funny thing is, she didn't want it and couldn't get her Aft JS back. My fault for Not checking upgrade preferences.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Some folks boast of gaming the system and securing an FCC on many of their trips.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just so you know I do not “game” the system. You don’t even know me so I don’t see why you made that remark in the first place and you certainly didn’t know the reason we got it.

I was not the only one that got the FCC Everyone that had a balcony cabin on that deck on that side of the ship got 3 days worth of FCC because we could not use the balcony for 3 days. I did not ask for it they just gave it to everybody.

It is remarks like that that make me not want to make any comments on here! Sorry I even started this thread in the first place!