Horizon debark luggage tags

Hey everyone! Sailing on the Horizon in 8 (hopefully short) days...I recall reading somewhere that we picked up debark luggage tags from a board on Lido instead of Carnival assigning them to us? Searched and couldn’t find anything, so am I imagining things?

We have a car service picking us up at 10, so while I would prefer to never leave the ship, I am trying to figure out what zone I want to be ready when the car arrives.

Any help is appreciated!

So this is how they do the tags now? Was worried I was losing my mind!

its a new method carnival is trying to help speed up the debark process. it is a similar process to what other cruises line do and it somewhat works.

On the next to last day, there will be an event in the main theater to provide information about disembarking. After that event, they will direct you up to the lido deck where you can wait for the luggage tags to be released. The lowest number is 6. 1-5 is reserved for priority customers. If you get a low number, you should be fine for a 10 AM pickup.

Are you going to the airport for an early flight?

On the next to last day, there will be an event in the main theater to provide information about disembarking. After that event, they will direct you up to the lido deck where you can wait for the luggage tags to be released. The lowest number is 6. 1-5 is reserved for priority customers. If you get a low number, you should be fine for a 10 AM pickup.

Are you going to the airport for an early flight?

Thanks for tha info. This sounds like a setup for mayhem! We have a car service picking us up at 10.

If you have a low number you don't have to get off when that number is called. As they continue to add higher numbers they will announce that numbers 1 thru whatever can exit now. On most ships no one is really checking numbers anyway. The only possible glitch would be that higher numbered luggage tags might be delayed, but all luggage is usually out earlier than that zone is called.

On the Memorial Day Horizon sailing we were issued Zone 5 tags since we had an afternoon flight out of LGA, I didn't want to do a diamond walkoff. We were told to meet in the theater at 7:30AM (yikes!) but it wasn't untill after 9AM that Zone 5 got the call to disembark.

It wasn't hard to find our 2 bags and we were through US Customs by 9:30AM. If the OP has a 10AM appt for a car service, they should get a low zone #.

They should also arrange to meet their car on the NB side of 12th Avenue, rather than have the car attempt the ramp pickup immediately outside the terminal exit. That ramp gets mired in traffic and the driver won't get in line until you call for him. By then, the ramp has an hour or more of traffic in front, so good luck with a speedy pickup, it ain't happening.

Just walk across 12th Ave and wait there for your car. Faster and easier!

They should also arrange to meet their car on the NB side of 12th Avenue, rather than have the car attempt the ramp pickup immediately outside the terminal exit. That ramp gets mired in traffic and the driver won't get in line until you call for him. By then, the ramp has an hour or more of traffic in front, so good luck with a speedy pickup, it ain't happening.

Just walk across 12th Ave and wait there for your car. Faster and easier!

Great advice, thanks!

If you do not go to the debarkation "show" and do not read the debark flyer delivered to your room, you would not know to go to the specific place on deck 10, at that specific time, to pick out your debarkation tags. Thankfully on our June Horizon sailing, I did read that flyer. We were there when they rolled out the cart with all the tags hanging on it. We were two of about 10 people who were waiting... worked out well, we were not in a rush to get off first for a light, or whatever. Got number 21. Got up and out of the room by 8:30, leasurely breakfast in the MDR, went to wait by the coffee shop. Enjoyed a couple drinks still using Cheers BTW, grabbed a few vitamin waters, coconut waters, and sodas on the Cheers, loaded our carry on, and we were off!

Sent from my iPad using Forums