The Chef's Table

dejamakan

Hi all, do you know if there's a The Chef's Table on the Liberty?

Yes there is, I just attended last week. They have incorporated the new menu. It was a great experience, highly recommended!

I don't know if you have a way to increase the size of the attached menu..........

127227022_100511ChefsTableMenu.jpg.77b76be603c3a41bb50c572e6084e433.jpg

I will be traveling alone with a 10 yo. Do kids ever go?

The Chef's Table is $75 per person and their is no discount for children. I was told that it's at least a 3 1/2 hr event and not really appropriate for younger children. I have never heard of an actual age limit but most things I have read discourage children from attending.

The Chef's Table is $75 per person and their is no discount for children. I was told that it's at least a 3 1/2 hr event and not really appropriate for younger children. I have never heard of an actual age limit but most things I have read discourage children from attending.

I dont care about the money and she usually eats at nice restuarants but fair enough. Can you sign up as a sole adult or do they usually want couples?

The Chef’s Table

Carnival has introduced an exciting fine dining option for our guests – The Chef’s Table. This one-of-a-kind culinary experience includes an exquisite multi-course private dinner hosted by one of the line’s master chefs along with a private champagne reception (soft drinks for kids) and a personalized tour of the galley.

With The Chef’s Table, a select group of 12-14 guests enjoy champagne and hors d’ouevres hosted by the ship’s chef de cuisine. The chef then takes the group on a personalized tour to see the galley in operation, providing participants with a unique perspective on Carnival’s extensive food and beverage operations.

The evening concludes with a sumptuous full-service dinner with delicious appetizers, entrees and desserts created by the line’s master chefs. Depending on the vessel, the meal takes place in non-traditional dining venues throughout the ship – the galley, library, conference center, etc.

The cost is $75 per person. The dinner(s) as well as the dinner date(s) are subject to the number of guests wishing to participate in this experience.

The dress code follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; since guests are taken on a personalized tour of the galley, open-toed, heels and shoes with slippery soles are discouraged.

Reservation Procedures

· Reservations can be arranged on board with the Steakhouse Hostess.

· On those ships that do not have a Steakhouse (Fantasy-Class/Destiny/Triumph/Victory), reservations can be arranged on board with the Maitre d’.

· Prior to the cruise, guests can post their request on John Heald’s blog at the ‘Ask John’ section; post “Chef’s Table Request” and include the following information:

§ Names – Party of #__

§ Ship and Saildate

§ Booking Number and Cabin Number

The Chef’s Table

Carnival has introduced an exciting fine dining option for our guests – The Chef’s Table. This one-of-a-kind culinary experience includes an exquisite multi-course private dinner hosted by one of the line’s master chefs along with a private champagne reception (soft drinks for kids) and a personalized tour of the galley.

With The Chef’s Table, a select group of 12-14 guests enjoy champagne and hors d’ouevres hosted by the ship’s chef de cuisine. The chef then takes the group on a personalized tour to see the galley in operation, providing participants with a unique perspective on Carnival’s extensive food and beverage operations.

The evening concludes with a sumptuous full-service dinner with delicious appetizers, entrees and desserts created by the line’s master chefs. Depending on the vessel, the meal takes place in non-traditional dining venues throughout the ship – the galley, library, conference center, etc.

The cost is $75 per person. The dinner(s) as well as the dinner date(s) are subject to the number of guests wishing to participate in this experience.

The dress code follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; since guests are taken on a personalized tour of the galley, open-toed, heels and shoes with slippery soles are discouraged.

Reservation Procedures

· Reservations can be arranged on board with the Steakhouse Hostess.

· On those ships that do not have a Steakhouse (Fantasy-Class/Destiny/Triumph/Victory), reservations can be arranged on board with the Maitre d’.

· Prior to the cruise, guests can post their request on John Heald’s blog at the ‘Ask John’ section; post “Chef’s Table Request” and include the following information:

§ Names – Party of #__

§ Ship and Saildate

§ Booking Number and Cabin Number

WOW!! This is great...we'll plan for this in May 2012. Thanks for the info!

I urge anyone interested in the Chef's Table to make your reservations as soon as you book, or as soon as possible thereafter. They usually get booked up way before sailing so if you wait until you are on the ship, it may be too late. We are sailing in 2 weeks and put in our request in August and had to be put on a waitlist as they had reached the limit.

• 1 month later...
I urge anyone interested in the Chef's Table to make your reservations as soon as you book, or as soon as possible thereafter. They usually get booked up way before sailing so if you wait until you are on the ship, it may be too late. We are sailing in 2 weeks and put in our request in August and had to be put on a waitlist as they had reached the limit.

we are very interested in doing this and i can not find anywhere to book this on the carnival site and even the site says to book onboard? is there another option? and on board, one place said to book through the Maitr'd and another through the guest Services desk ? an

we are very interested in doing this and i can not find anywhere to book this on the carnival site and even the site says to book onboard? is there another option? and on board, one place said to book through the Maitr'd and another through the guest Services desk ? an

Reserving through John Heald's blog seems to be the preferred method here, but after submitting that way twice and waiting patiently 2 weeks each time with no response, I got tired of waiting and found another method.

Here's what has worked successfully for me:

Email xxsteakhouse(at)carnival.com (replace the first 2 letters with the correct letters for your ship) with names & cabin numbers to make your reservation. When you get on the ship, you'll need to go see the steakhouse manager and confirm your reservation. If you are going on a ship without a steakhouse, try emailing the maitre d' instead: xxmaitred(at)carnival.com

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

I dont care about the money and she usually eats at nice restuarants but fair enough. Can you sign up as a sole adult or do they usually want couples?

You can sign up as a solo, or you can take your daughter, we had our 13 yr old, she LOVED it, and the chef loved the fact that she tried everything, ate it all, and they even made her special drinks, smoothies etc...

• 5 weeks later...

I have done it twice and each time there was one single with the couples and the singles always seemed to have fun! Try it.

Reserving through John Heald's blog seems to be the preferred method here, but after submitting that way twice and waiting patiently 2 weeks each time with no response, I got tired of waiting and found another method.

Here's what has worked successfully for me:

Email xxsteakhouse(at)carnival.com (replace the first 2 letters with the correct letters for your ship) with names & cabin numbers to make your reservation. When you get on the ship, you'll need to go see the steakhouse manager and confirm your reservation. If you are going on a ship without a steakhouse, try emailing the maitre d' instead: xxmaitred(at)carnival.com

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Thx for the info....just heard back though email from the maitre'd that we have been confirmed for the Chef's Table on the Fantasy in January.....

Thx for the info....just heard back though email from the maitre'd that we have been confirmed for the Chef's Table on the Fantasy in January.....

I am on the magic. What do you mean the letters. Who should I mail.

Sailing in 6 days and really want to do this. I hope there is room left.

cheers

You can sign up as a solo, or you can take your daughter, we had our 13 yr old, she LOVED it, and the chef loved the fact that she tried everything, ate it all, and they even made her special drinks, smoothies etc...

Thanks for posting this. I wanted to take my daughter but then heard all this negative stuff about kids etc. After reading your post I talked to my daughter and told her 3 1/2 hours, 8 courses etc and she is totally excited to go. So hopefully I will get a spot.

cheers

We also brought our 14 year old daughter, who enjoyed it a lot. It depends on the kid - her 18 year old brother is a picky eater, so he didn't come with us. While it was mostly couples, there was also a mother and adult daughter pair at our Chef's Table.

My husband and I attended on the Glory and on the Legend. We loved it. HOWEVER, neither one of us drink alcohol ....... red wine and white wine were served as part of the dinner (included in the $75 price) BUT I ordered a cranberry juice INSTEAD of wine and had to produce my Sign and Sail card to pay for it! I didn't make a big deal out of it in front of the other guests but they need to allow guests to substitute juice for wine at no charge!

My husband and I attended on the Glory and on the Legend. We loved it. HOWEVER, neither one of us drink alcohol ....... red wine and white wine were served as part of the dinner (included in the $75 price) BUT I ordered a cranberry juice INSTEAD of wine and had to produce my Sign and Sail card to pay for it! I didn't make a big deal out of it in front of the other guests but they need to allow guests to substitute juice for wine at no charge!

Of course they should, and possibly they do sometimes? They served my daughter soda instead of wine. She had a soda sticker, but they never asked to see it.

Archived