Quickest ride from San Pedro to LAX

NW Pacific

Taxi or Ontime 1?? Disembarking on Dec 30, NCL Jewell- 2 Ships at Port same day. Looking for the most expeditious way to get to LAX, Will be first off the Ship, have priority disembark and will do carry off. Flight out is at Noon. Just curious for anyone experienced getting to LAX fastest? Yes, I know some occurrence could happen that is way out of the norm and disrupt time plan, but for the norm, which would be the best?

We are also on this same cruise and we did this cruise last January. Last year when we walked off the ship, there was an area where the shuttle companies (Super and Prime Time I believe) were waiting. We walked up and within 5 or 10 minutes were in a shuttle headed to LAX. There were also two ships in port that day and the dispatchers were filling up those shuttles quickly and heading them out one after the other. And, the price was about $30 for the two of us. We plan to do the same this year after this cruise. However, our flight out is not until the following day so we are in no rush to run off the ship.

Noon may be doable. If it was earlier, I would worry. but you may to keep a plan B just in case 1. immigrations/customs starts on your ship late 2. there's many others on your ship with the same plan 3. there's a lot of traffic. It's the friday before NYE, but it's not as worrisome as the day after Thanksgiving or the Friday near Christmas. Usually the last week of the year can be quiet, traffic wise on the 405 as long as the weather is nice.

I would reserve with Ontime for a private vehicle. We used them last time (just going back to our house so not in a hurry and as always, did not do self-disembark). that way you don't have to wait for shared vehicles to fill up

I believe that a Taxi is more expensive, close to $70, while ontime1 you get a town car for about $55 plus tip.

Why even consider a taxi?:)

LAX is a horseshoe. The taxi (or other private transportation) can use the shortcuts. Hard to do when pax are going to T1, T4 then T7.

LAX is a horseshoe. The taxi (or other private transportation) can use the shortcuts. Hard to do when pax are going to T1, T4 then T7.

Sadie,

I think this was intended for someone else. I have flown in and out of LAX many times, and am well aware that t is a horseshoe.:)

Sadie, I need to clarify my last post. I said why even consider a taxi. I meant that to mean if you can take a town car, why take a taxi. Sorry.:)

Thanks for replies. At this point cost is not the factor, getting to LAX in plenty of time for flight. is. Made reservations a LONG time ago, spaced out that we were arriving back in LAX on a Friday, have done this before on a Sunday, No Problem. Just want to get into a transport and be on the road ASAP. Although Taxi is most expensive seems to be the quickest route???

Thanks for replies. At this point cost is not the factor, getting to LAX in plenty of time for flight. is. Made reservations a LONG time ago, spaced out that we were arriving back in LAX on a Friday, have done this before on a Sunday, No Problem. Just want to get into a transport and be on the road ASAP. Although Taxi is most expensive seems to be the quickest route???

It's not any quicker than a town car, at least the many times I have used them. Also, I never, but never take a shuttle anywhere.:)

We just used Ontime1 and they did a great job for the $55 plus tip in a big SUV. He was to pick us up at 9:30, he called at 9 to say he was waiting for us in the lot. We called him at 9:10 when we were curbside with our luggage. He picked us up and it took us 30 minutes this past Saturday to get to LAX T7.