LIVE: Anthem Of the Seas 5/20 off to Bermuda!

First day thoughts, will add pictures tomorrow.

For some reason the ship feels smaller compared to a freedom class the ship the royal esplanade does not feel as big as the promenade. Also most things are on deck 3,4,5 and above 14 making things feel a little cramped. Rooms are very nice and the Royal IQ app works great. VOOM is rocking out but still a little pricy. Had dinner at the Grande one of the main dining rooms I miss the large scale dining rooms found on other ships but food was good.

Shows... blew me away. The opening show comedian was great James David I think his name was, next we went to the 270 experience and thought that was just awesome, next was one of the production shows The Gift, while I did not understand the story line very well the show is self was awesome one of the best I have seen!

Will upload pictures tomorrow and keep updating!

Waiting for the welcome show at the theater

e75109d17ac7d4e0817a04829416168a.jpg

The 270 at night one really cool experience

0716f399e1312f8bce10a2d55f1a84ca.jpg

The 270 has 18 12K projectors used to create different scenes

55983f38454875a8a0c1af7928d0ca83.jpg

One of the many Robo shows at 270

244d784e9f4e9445cb2007d471b6b06a.jpg

Bionic Bar

a8e4e89c436e577919ba540410927b07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Glass Floor looking down almost 12 decks

1fed4d944c28b23bc0a4c9b9ef5259fb.jpg

First time in SeaPlex very neat use of space and indoors as well, seems like it was booked for private events all day yesterday

920e615bdc343a6a45fa0f9fa9fa2cd2.jpg

About 350 miles aways, weather is a little cool but making the most of it.

d9cd9c7cdbe1fcd9f2ef6907f4a9fd0f.jpg

Afternoon was pretty chill, went to morning Trivia, followed by lunch at Johnny Rockets and North Star and ripcord

North Star was super good and gave such a cool view of the view

dd6947d63e1ff8c991c7c670f13f5999.jpg

d74402593d1c29b162f7c30673b10b62.jpgce7fce9c211857743f93cc9449a3f3c1.jpg

The sky diving was way harder than it looks but was a ton of fun. This is the only ship they don't charge for both. One guy was saying ripcord is always sold out and they can only take 40% of the passengers

639d9e8e9907869a0e9f3ec1b69b8573.jpg

First day thoughts, will add pictures tomorrow.

For some reason the ship feels smaller compared to a freedom class the ship the royal esplanade does not feel as big as the promenade. Also most things are on deck 3,4,5 and above 14 making things feel a little cramped. Rooms are very nice and the Royal IQ app works great. VOOM is rocking out but still a little pricy. Had dinner at the Grande one of the main dining rooms I miss the large scale dining rooms found on other ships but food was good.

Shows... blew me away. The opening show comedian was great James David I think his name was, next we went to the 270 experience and thought that was just awesome, next was one of the production shows The Gift, while I did not understand the story line very well the show is self was awesome one of the best I have seen!

Will upload pictures tomorrow and keep updating!

We are on the same ship, and I hope you don't mind, but I thought I would add my impressions here as well instead of starting a separate thread.

We have not been on the Freedom class ships, but I concur that the royal esplanade feels very crowded where the promenade on the Explorer usually felt roomy. I think part of the problem is that Royal sets up all kinds of booths and special events down the center making it very crowded.

I wasn't sure how you took those first pictures in the thread because most of the time, there are tons of people everywhere. We missed the first part of sail-away because the crowds were so bad after the dill that I couldn't get an elevator and after knee surgery last year, I can't do 10 flights of stairs.

Our cabin is amazing. Extremely well designed and very roomy, especially for an interior. We had more than enough room for all of our stuff, with room to spare even.

Our dinner was very good. We were in the American (something - can't remember the name). We will be there all week. My daughter and I have allergies, so they said that even though we have My Time, they will always seat us in the same section so that our waiter is well aware of the allergies. That was a nice touch.

I too was blown away by 270. I can't wait for Spectra. We have the Gift tonight, so I am looking forward to that.

We are typically smaller ship people, so overall, I like the bells and whistles, but I don't like the crowds and constant elevator very long waits, so I will probably be back to smaller ships again.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm not sure how often I will get out here since my Internet package is on my big laptop and I don't plan on carrying it around with me.

Love the Quantum class ships. Thanks for taking the time to post - we are booked on Anthem next year to Bermuda. We've not been to Bermuda yet so I'm especially looking forward to that part of your review.

We were on the third sailing of Ovation last year. There were several RCI headquarters folks on board who were especially proud of the entertainment. They spent a lot of time developing productions which did not require dialogue due to the international clientele on those ships. But, some of the shows were less than self-explanatory; we had to read the summary to figure out what was the storyline. :o

Afternoon was pretty chill, went to morning Trivia, followed by lunch at Johnny Rockets and North Star and ripcord

North Star was super good and gave such a cool view of the view

dd6947d63e1ff8c991c7c670f13f5999.jpg

d74402593d1c29b162f7c30673b10b62.jpgce7fce9c211857743f93cc9449a3f3c1.jpg

The sky diving was way harder than it looks but was a ton of fun. This is the only ship they don't charge for both. One guy was saying ripcord is always sold out and they can only take 40% of the passengers

639d9e8e9907869a0e9f3ec1b69b8573.jpg

Could you tell me what brand of tea they have in the windjammer and all the free places they serve coffee & tea? Do they have Twinning or The London tea company? Thanks, we're boarding on the 25th don't want to bring our own tea bags.

Could you tell me what brand of tea they have in the windjammer and all the free places they serve coffee & tea? Do they have Twinning or The London tea company? Thanks, we're boarding on the 25th don't want to bring our own tea bags.

I can check next time I am there, free coffee seems like most dining places I have not tried all the locations yet but I know for sure the MDR, Windjammer and Diamond Lounge does all day.

Can you tell me "on board" price of the Deluxe leverage package and if you have had any experience getting the 30% Diamond Plus discount?

I want to say the deluxe was around $79 a day which is includes pretty much anything up to $12 in price. We did not get it this cruise and we sit in an overnight port for pretty much half the cruise. We are only Diamond so not sure of the discount for D+

Rest of the night included going to the Welcome for Top Tier which was done well, included a shorter version of 270 experience but did show us some different things including what it would look like if ever ship ever for RCCL was sailing behind us. Dinner was at the MDR and it was formal night, had the Beef which was very good. Afterwards went back to 270 for Spectra's Cabaret which was a very good show and a must see. Saw Matt at the schooner bar where he had everyone singing along. Last for the night was the adult comedy of Jim David a much different adult show compared to others.

What it would look like with ever RCCL ship behind us

7b3c8962852922304096fb1f2509b3e0.jpg

Had the beef for dinner

0fbfa1d6109e36151fec25f59a203547.jpg

Sing along at the schooner bar this guy was funny

a37ea053e913dd857047114e233348b8.jpg

One thing to note wifi seems to be a little slow tonight in the room and hard to get on the balcony.